• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#144]If Cons are worried about pedophiles, then some sex ED is needed for children in K-3 grades

Yes, and personal responsibility.
There is plenty of personal responsibility that needs to be learned. But not all people will agree on what is "responsible". Until then though, we have to also be willing to work together and not use that as an excuse to write people off.

Peace and Love was a fine message, except how was that love transferred/shown? The amount of sex, unprotected sex resulted in the biggest baby boom we have seen to date. The drugs certainly didn't help. But aren't we trying to identify why the moral code changed and why children are now having sex at much earlier ages that previously? When the moral code loosens, lots of bad things get attributed to that looseness.

Not enough of those conservatives values since it has been slipping ever since. Out of wedlock babies, abortions, drug usage, the list is long and distinguished. None of them have really had a positive impact on the US.
What roguenuke said. And besides, yes, we had sex, except we did it responsibly because we were open and knowledgeable on how to prevent pregnancy and recognize and minimize VD. Out of everyone I knew in school and thereafter, virtually none of the girls got pregnant, and at least in my circle of friends (we are still friends and actively socialize 50 years later), most all are still on their first marriage, never went to prison, and are largely happy with the lives built from our '60's childhoods.

We smoked pot (that 70's show is Us!), but when we passed the joint to someone who did not partake, they just passed it on with no judgement, lecture, or explanation - it was a non-issue between people who accepted and embraced fellow 'peace and love'ers, which was most all of us.

The tragic reality is that these days, little kids are exposed to far more than we were and that in the absence of societal constraints (how many little kids access TikTok? and heaven only knows what else?), they need more information. My kids, now grown, needed much more information and much earlier than I ever did. I didn't mind at all age-appropriate health information, but I taught them myself before that. And I was helped by my kids growing up in the country and seeing for themselves many of the basics of the "birds and bees" (actually horses and cattle and dogs and cats, LOL).
Unfortunately, what the left wants to teach in sex education is basically indoctrination into the LBGTQ world as early as they can. Age appropriate health information is no problem, however, especially when it comes to kindergarten, I for just letting kids be kids.

Unfortunately, what the left wants to teach in sex education is basically indoctrination into the LBGTQ world as early as they can. Age appropriate health information is no problem, however, especially when it comes to kindergarten, I for just letting kids be kids.
Now that was really stupid. You do realize that children as young as K-3 are exploited by adults. They need to be taught, not about the sex act, but what is not appropriate touching by adults and to say no and report what is happening. This has been going on in many schools for years, but now in many states that can no longer be taught. One might actually think that Republicans want to be able to exploit young children.

Now that was really stupid. You do realize that children as young as K-3 are exploited by adults. They need to be taught, not about the sex act, but what is not appropriate touching by adults and to say no and report what is happening. This has been going on in many schools for years, but now in many states that can no longer be taught. One might actually think that Republicans want to be able to exploit young children.
Good point. To extrapolate, what is the favorite word of all youngsters? "WHY?" The cat's out of the bag, so follow-up information must be truthful, honest, and completely generic and to the point. The details of urges and sex are of little importance to pre-pubescents, but a good answer is very important. That is where parents can fail, and too often do; kids talk to each other, and consistent information adds credibility; maybe some 3rt party information (like might be taught in school) is necessary.

Last edited:
And brushed away, and ignored by posters who want to act as if those outside the family are the biggest danger to children and that all parents (not even most do) teach their children about what sex is.
And how exactly would teachers putting impressionable kids in fear of their parents help that?

And how exactly would teachers putting impressionable kids in fear of their parents help that?
That is not happening in any significant way. That is the problem, believing that some significant portion of teachers are doing this rather than simply trying to be good, help their students.

That is not happening in any significant way. That is the problem, believing that some significant portion of teachers are doing this rather than simply trying to be good, help their students.
And you know that how? Given what many teachers are saying themselves, or conspiring to hide curricula from parents you're on thin ice.

And you know that how? Given what many teachers are saying themselves, or conspiring to hide curricula from parents you're on thin ice.
Because I know people, I know that if it isn't happening in any of the schools I've actually been involved in, the likelihood is not that it is my experience is the outlier. It is that certain groups are so intent on getting votes, that they make claims that do not fit reality, and some believe them, because they can't understand complex situations, that their beliefs are not reality.

You are taking goofy to a new level. Teaching children to avoid inappropriate touching by adults is not sex education and is not what the libruls have in mind.

Let's not forget that every time someone proclaims that letting children know that men do fall in love with other men is "indoctrination", that person is simply telling us that gays are icky, and they want children to grow up to be as bigoted and ignorant as they are.

Because I know people, I know that if it isn't happening in any of the schools I've actually been involved in, the likelihood is not that it is my experience is the outlier. It is that certain groups are so intent on getting votes, that they make claims that do not fit reality, and some believe them, because they can't understand complex situations, that their beliefs are not reality.
So you got nothing, but some "I know blah, blah, blah". I thought so.

So you got nothing, but some "I know blah, blah, blah". I thought so.
You have nothing to show I am wrong. You have your unsupported beliefs. You are making the assertion that the teachers you described are a majority or significant percentage of teachers.

You have nothing to show I am wrong. You have your unsupported beliefs. You are making the assertion that the teachers you described are a majority or significant percentage of teachers.
I have as much to prove you work as you do to prove you're correct.

I grieved for my own children's premature loss of innocence (HIV and STDs), but I never dreamed that kindergarteners would be denied that innocence.

On the subject of pedophilia, last week my son gets in the truck and tells me that one of his middle school coaches has been removed from teaching and will likely be arrested soon.
This week, reporting came out that he had been arrested and charged with multiple 2nd degree felonies, including distribution of illegal materials, as well as inappropriate picture sharing (via snapchat). His wife was the one that brought this to light when she found some things on his phone.

This is in a very well respected school district.
Which has nothing to do with where pedophilia occurs.

Peace and Love was a fine message, except how was that love transferred/shown? The amount of sex, unprotected sex resulted in the biggest baby boom we have seen to date. The drugs certainly didn't help. But aren't we trying to identify why the moral code changed and why children are now having sex at much earlier ages that previously? When the moral code loosens, lots of bad things get attributed to that looseness.

Not enough of those conservatives values since it has been slipping ever since. Out of wedlock babies, abortions, drug usage, the list is long and distinguished. None of them have really had a positive impact on the US.
What are you talking about? The baby boom was from 1946 to 1964...before the sexual revolution.

As to "conservative values"...please.

Back
Top Bottom