• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:1396] Questions that atheists are afraid to answer

Craig would wipe his feet on Dawkins much as I do to Devildavid quite regularly.

Devildavid is simply just stubbornly........................digging in.
Either that, or, he simply doesn't get it.
That he can string sentences (no matter how irrational they are), makes him just a bit like an improved version of that other atheist
who can only screech out phrases!

It's impossible to have a sensible discussion with someone who doesn't understand or have a grasp of what is being given,
let alone even bother to listen. 🤷

Last edited:
That he can string sentences (no matter how irrational they are), makes him just a bit like an improved version of that other atheist

It's impossible to have a sensible discussion with someone who doesn't understand or have a grasp of what is being given,

Yes, I share that analysis, here's another person who wanted to have a debate with him:

Last edited:

Look who is talking about stubborn. How long have you been dragging out your misinterpretation of what the NAS said and desperately trying to claim that science says god is possible when science says no such thing. You, like sherlock, stubbornly resort to such tactics and to ad hominem attacks. While you throw in large colorful fonts, childish oversized emojis, and constant hyperbolic ranting. You two ought to discuss god and see how much you disagree with each other.

It's hilarious that both of you think your posts of representative of sensible discussion. All both of you do is preach your beliefs.

You, like sherlock, stubbornly resort to such tactics and to ad hominem attacks.

Says the man who just wrote:

While you throw in large colorful fonts, childish oversized emojis, and constant hyperbolic ranting. You two ought to discuss god and see how much you disagree with each other.

It's hilarious that both of you think your posts of representative of sensible discussion. All both of you do is preach your beliefs.

Well, David I'm hardly going to preach your beliefs am I!

😂

Says the man who just wrote:

Well, David I'm hardly going to preach your beliefs am I!

😂

Yes, as a response to you and Tosca's attack on me, which you conveniently did not mention. And what I posted accurately describes the content of the majority of what you and she post.

Yes, as a response to you and Tosca's attack on me, which you conveniently did not mention. And what I posted accurately describes the content of the majority of what you and she post.

If you repeatedly attack truth and honesty and logic and history then you're very likely to end up getting attacked yourself, stop whining, are you a man or a mouse.

You always whine about ad-hominem, always keen to mention that rule being violated but you never extend that concern to honesty, you expect no ad-hominem when you debate and I expect no dishonesty, if someone is prepared as you are, to be dishonest then don't be surprised if opponents feel inclined to attack your character for doing so.

I'm putting you back on ignore Dave, I have no intention of wasting my time with a dishonest intellectual dead weight.

If you repeatedly attack truth and honesty and logic and history then you're very likely to end up getting attacked yourself, stop whining, are you a man or a mouse.

You always whine about ad-hominem, always keen to mention that rule being violated but you never extend that concern to honesty, you expect no ad-hominem when you debate and I expect no dishonesty, if someone is prepared as you are, to be dishonest then don't be surprised if opponents feel inclined to attack your character for doing so.

Ad hom.

I wouldn't have to correctly keep pointing out ad hominem attacks if certain posters did not indulge so often in them rather than address the actual content of the posts.

And this latest post of yours is another example. I have not been dishonest in any post and you have no examples of it.

That’ll last about three hours.
If you are unlucky perhaps, NoShltSherlock placed me on ignore after I trounced him and thankfully kept it that way.....he will probably peek at this but then run away again to lick still bleeding wounds.

devildavid said:
You two ought to discuss god and see how much you disagree with each other.

Hahahaha - as I recall - atheists have varying definitions of atheism. Many here want to identify as agnostic-light.
AND - don't some of you guys insist that agnostics are actually atheists? :ROFLMAO:

I suppose you don't understand what DEBATE is all about? :)

Well - isn't that a huge part of discussion? We all promote or defend whatever stance or belief we have - doesn't have to be about religion!
See what I mean? You just proved that indeed, I'm bang-on in saying you don't get even what you spout about! :LOL:

Last edited:
Hahahaha - as I recall - atheists have varying definitions of atheism. Many here want to identify as agnostic-light.
AND - don't some of you guys insist that agnostics are actually atheists? :ROFLMAO:

I suppose you don't understand what DEBATE is all about? :)

Well - isn't that a huge part of discussion? We all promote or defend whatever stance or belief we have - doesn't have to be about religion!
See what I mean? You just proved that indeed, I'm bang-on in saying you don't get even what you spout about! :LOL:

I am aware the oversized emojis are not part of debate.

I'm putting you back on ignore Dave, I have no intention of wasting my time with a dishonest intellectual dead weight.

Would calling David a "dishonest intellectual dead weight" be considered a personal attack ad hom under DP rules, Sherlock? And if so, should you turn yourself in?

Last edited:
Now that this thread has basically ended, I am reminded to quote Shakespeare regarding the OP: “Much ado about nothing”.

I've been away from this thread for awhile, following the George Floyd trial. Unfortunately the thread seems to have devolved into name calling and threats of the ignore
option. After 61 pages maybe its time to end the topic and start anew.

@Sherlock Holmes can you please explain this admission? Clarify?

No, he can't. He's an Apologist. And, supposedly, this is the god-thing that said, "Do unto to others...."

Accept what? your speculative claim that what you decide is a contradiction is a true contradiction?

Your attempts to move the goal-posts fail. I sure hope you didn't hurt your back.

A contradiction, by definition, is true.

We cannot help but notice that you are unable, unwilling or incapable of actually addressing the issue, and instead deflect.

We have what we have, if your way of dealing with God's word is to fabricate claims of it being littered, swamped in contradictions and then by extension reject it because contradictory documents cannot contain truth, then do so, that's your line of reasoning and fine, it isn't mine.

I did not fabricate what your god-thing said.

You'll need to show evidence, solid evidence to support the belief you have of "lies and deception" regarding the genealogies.

What I'm hearing is that you are afraid to investigate the matter yourself. The real Sherlock Holmes would be spinning in his grave.

Or, perhaps the issue is you lack the skills to understand what you read?

The proof is in the gospels themselves.

Matthew says Joseph was descended of David's son Solomon.

Luke contradicts by saying that Joseph was descended of David's son Nathan.

Those are, in your own words, "true contradictions" because you cannot be descended simultaneously from your grandfather and your granduncle (although I suspect in your world you probably could since it would be, um, you known, a "miracle").

Worse still, Matthew says Joseph's father was Jacob, while Luke contradicts and says Joseph's father was Heli.

Naturally, you're totally frightened and won't address either of those points and instead you'll attack me, even though I'm just the messenger.

No, he can't. He's an Apologist. And, supposedly, this is the god-thing that said, "Do unto to others...."

You do know that Sherlock has been AWOL for over a month, right?

Your attempts to move the goal-posts fail. I sure hope you didn't hurt your back.

A contradiction, by definition, is true.

We cannot help but notice that you are unable, unwilling or incapable of actually addressing the issue, and instead deflect.

I did not fabricate what your god-thing said.

What I'm hearing is that you are afraid to investigate the matter yourself. The real Sherlock Holmes would be spinning in his grave.

Or, perhaps the issue is you lack the skills to understand what you read?

The proof is in the gospels themselves.

Matthew says Joseph was descended of David's son Solomon.

Luke contradicts by saying that Joseph was descended of David's son Nathan.

Those are, in your own words, "true contradictions" because you cannot be descended simultaneously from your grandfather and your granduncle (although I suspect in your world you probably could since it would be, um, you known, a "miracle").

Worse still, Matthew says Joseph's father was Jacob, while Luke contradicts and says Joseph's father was Heli.

Naturally, you're totally frightened and won't address either of those points and instead you'll attack me, even though I'm just the messenger.
There's plenty of websites that can help you understand that. When you do you'll see there are no contradictions, except how you are phrasing things.

The Gospels and epistles clearly show Jesus is the Son of God. And did you know ancient rabbis understood and taught that the Messiah would be God?

Back
Top Bottom