• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:135] Great book to study The Problem with Lincoln

Just as a reminder, this is a lie. Slavery was illegal in pretty much EVERY state not in the South.

No, it wasn't. The South won all the battles over slavery, and could take their slaves anywhere they wanted with legal protection. In fact the Chief Justice of the SC was Justice Tainey of Maryland, famous for his rulings on Dred Scot and other slavery cases. He didn't die until 1864. And, as already pointed out, Congress never passed any laws outlawing slavery during the war, and seven slave states remained in the Union.

Ptove it was 'made up'; be an innernetz Hero and try for the REAL last word instead of just trolling. Most competent people can find the source easily.
Ptove it was 'made up'; be an innernetz Hero and try for the REAL last word instead of just trolling. Most competent people can find the source easily.

It is YOUR CLAIM Lincoln bragged...

Citation?

There was no "act of war" by either Buchanon or Lincoln.

Resupplying a Federal Fort isn't an act of war. The act of war was firing on a US flagged ship. Followed by South Carlonia seizing all federal property in the Charleston area except ft Sumter. Then the act of war of firing on federal troops in ft Sumter.

The next acts of war were seizing armories, facilities a mint house, etc in other states....

All before one Federal soldier marched into VA.

Rubbish. It was no longer a 'Federal fort'. No Federal property existed with the secession. You have no argument, just repetitive false claims.

It is YOUR CLAIM Lincoln bragged...

Citation?

You never were able to dispute it in the other thread, so why should I repeat myself just because you still can't refute it?

Rubbish. It was no longer a 'Federal fort'. No Federal property existed with the secession. You have no argument, just repetitive false claims.

That is a bald faced lie.

The fort and the land it sat on were ceded to the Federal government long before the acts of war committed by the South.

December 17, 1836, South Carolina officially ceded all "right, title and, claim" to the site of Fort Sumter to the United States
-wiki

I'm not trolling. You are. You claimed that Lincoln made a statement , but you can't find a source for it. Just admit that you made it up and we'll call it even.

I'm not a right winger, you're just a tard with no discretionary abilities, and no I'm not claiming the North started a war over slavery. Your blatant lying just looks ridiculous even for a clueless troll.

You sure get outraged easily. And what’s with all the name-calling (tard, no discretionary abilities, blatant lying, clueless troll). Take a chill pill. Please.

I must say this: you are superb at revisionist history!

I must say this: you are superb at revisionist history!

I must say you don't know anything about the subject, so looking good by merely posting facts isn't hard at all.

I'm not trolling. You are. You claimed that Lincoln made a statement , but you can't find a source for it. Just admit that you made it up and we'll call it even.

You're not anybody I take orders from. I already posted sources on it, Lincoln himself, so go do some homework on your own, or sue your school for letting you graduate without an education and basic skills.

That is a bald faced lie.

The fort and the land it sat on were ceded to the Federal government long before the acts of war committed by the South.

December 17, 1836, South Carolina officially ceded all "right, title and, claim" to the site of Fort Sumter to the United States
-wiki

Rubbish. It was on South Carolina's land; they officially seceded and the U.S. no longer any rights to it, and knew it. Secession wasn't illegal, and Lincoln had no right to blockade their port.

Rubbish. It was on South Carolina's land; they officially seceded and the U.S. no longer any rights to it, and knew it. Secession wasn't illegal, and Lincoln had no right to blockade their port.

No. It wasn't. Not in any way, shape or form. It was ceded to the Federal government.

At least try to lose gracefully.

You're not anybody I take orders from. I already posted sources on it, Lincoln himself, so go do some homework on your own, or sue your school for letting you graduate without an education and basic skills.

Why are you so dependent an ad hom? Why are you so easily upset?

None of that is true.

Back
Top Bottom