• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:132]Trump's wall is about ego and having a politically efficacious talking point, not border...

Xelor

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Trump has been repining about his wall for, what, three years now. Why? Because it's politically expedient for him to do so, for among his benighted base, it's galvanizing and because for him it's a matter of ego, looking tough. He said he'd build a beautiful wall; laughable as it was, he referenced his experience in real estate as a basis for his knowing how to build a wall; he said Mexico would pay for his wall; and he led stadium-sized throngs of nitwits (they lacked the sense to know it wasn't doable "from jump") in "build the wall" and "Mexico's going to pay for it" chants.

How do we know that the wall is about politics, about having a rallying/talking point, and that increasing border security is sought not seminally but only ostensibly?
That was two $25B opportunities to get Trump his wall in less than a month and Trump/Congressional Republicans abjured both. Why did they reject the bills? Because to get the $25, Trump/GOP-ers had to agree to a path to citizenship for the ~700K DACA people....As if those folks had anything to do with wall's imagined or realizable border security returns....They're already here. No wall isn't going to stop them from entering the US.​

Re: Trump's wall is about ego and having a politically efficacious talking point, not border securit

Trumps Wall is about trying to do what he told us that he would try to do.

Trump, one of the last honest guys around.

Re: Trump's wall is about ego and having a politically efficacious talking point, not border securit

Gotta love all the motives attributed to Trump. :roll:

Trump is the most honest guy to come down the Pike in a long while.

And Stormy Daniels is a model of purity and virtue.

Seems democrats think she is.

Trump has as President been nearly exactly the guy he advertised himself to be, and what he has been interested in has been nearly exactly what he said that he would be interested in.

That is now rare in America, and is refreshing, usually with politicians now we get a song and a dance at Election time and in the SOTU but the words mean nothing, because it is lies.

Can you present quotes from any Dems who feel that way?

Trump has as President been nearly exactly the guy he advertised himself to be, and what he has been interested in has been nearly exactly what he said that he would be interested in.

That is now rare in America, and is refreshing, usually with politicians now we get a song and a dance at Election time and in the SOTU but the words mean nothing, because it is lies.

You do have a point that he is the guy he advertised himself to be. In the primaries we discovered he was a crude, lewd, rude egomaniac who lives in his own alternate reality and is utterly ignorant of the details of governance and policy having no experience in either. But the American people saw through him and much larger numbers voted for his opponent.

Trumps Wall is about trying to do what he told us that he would try to do.

Trump, one of the last honest guys around.

Honest as the day is long he is :roll:

Can you present quotes from any Dems who feel that way?

Still having trouble with the definition of simple words, I see.
I sure haven't seen any liberals condemning her...

Trump is the most honest guy to come down the Pike in a long while.
Not sure if you’re from Bizzaro World or just very, very confused.
121FC751-61EF-4004-96D2-0A60C35C622D.jpg

Still having trouble with the definition of simple words, I see.
I sure haven't seen any liberals condemning her...

So NO - you cannot back up your claim about Daniels. Thank you.

Honesty is most certainly not one of Trump’s traits.

President Trump has made 6,420 false or misleading claims over 649 days
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...as-made-false-or-misleading-claims-over-days/

Trump is the most prolific liar ever to occupy the White House.

Well trump is "honest" in one sense. He does not make any effort to hide the fact that he is an ignorant blowhard. Heck, we all know people who's every waking thought just comes tumbling out of their mouths the very second they have it. The only dif with Trump is that whatever is tumbling around in his gut comes spitting out of his mouth. I wonder if anybody has introduced him to Antacids. Seems to have indigestion a good deal of the time.

So NO - you cannot back up your claim about Daniels. Thank you.

I "claimed" nothing.

I "claimed" nothing.

You absolutely did in post 7

Quote Originally Posted by Arby View Post

That was you in response to my post #6

Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post

You were unable to substantiate the claim you made about Democrats and their opinion of Daniels.

Trump has been repining about his wall for, what, three years now. Why? Because it's politically expedient for him to do so, for among his benighted base, it's galvanizing and because for him it's a matter of ego, looking tough. He said he'd build a beautiful wall; laughable as it was, he referenced his experience in real estate as a basis for his knowing how to build a wall; he said Mexico would pay for his wall; and he led stadium-sized throngs of nitwits (they lacked the sense to know it wasn't doable "from jump") in "build the wall" and "Mexico's going to pay for it" chants.

How do we know that the wall is about politics, about having a rallying/talking point, and that increasing border security is sought not seminally but only ostensibly?
That was two $25B opportunities to get Trump his wall in less than a month and Trump/Congressional Republicans abjured both. Why did they reject the bills? Because to get the $25, Trump/GOP-ers had to agree to a path to citizenship for the ~700K DACA people....As if those folks had anything to do with wall's imagined or realizable border security returns....They're already here. No wall isn't going to stop them from entering the US.​

I'll buy partisan ego, from both sides.

Honesty is most certainly not one of Trump’s traits.

President Trump has made 6,420 false or misleading claims over 649 days
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...as-made-false-or-misleading-claims-over-days/

Trump is the most prolific liar ever to occupy the White House.

None of Trump's "lies" or exaggerations mean anything. It all falls under the heading of "blowhard" and "bluster". Nothing that even comes close to the magnitude, seriousness, and the deliberate misleading of the American people for partisan political gain of "If you like you health care plan you can keep it."

You absolutely did in post 7

That was you in response to my post

Looks to me like you are still having trouble with the definition of the word "seems." Not that I am shocked though...

Gotta love all the motives attributed to Trump. :roll:

Yep, classic substitution of focus on the source of the idea (Trump has evil motives?) rather than the idea alone. The Fence Act of 2006 was OK (at that time) because it was not a wall and it was seen as a largely benign compromise to changing illegal immigration status from a misdemeanor (some now assert is not even a "true crime") to a felony (definitely a crime).

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...heck-did-top-democrats-vote-border-wall-2006/

Looks to me like you are still having trouble with the definition of the word "seems." Not that I am shocked though...

I get it now. You re one of those dishonest types who truly believes if you put a word like SEEMS or I THINK or IT MIGHT BE or I GUESS or COULD BE or variations of those terms, that it gives you unrestricted license to make claims that you do not have to back up because its just you blowing smoke as opposed to making an allegation of claimed fact.

WOW!!!!!!

None of Trump's "lies" or exaggerations mean anything. It all falls under the heading of "blowhard" and "bluster". Nothing that even comes close to the magnitude, seriousness, and the deliberate misleading of the American people for partisan political gain of "If you like you health care plan you can keep it."
First rule of Trumpism, when you can’t offer an argument defending Trump, deflect to Obama/Clinton. Sad.

First rule of Trumpism, when you can’t offer an argument defending Trump, deflect to Obama/Clinton. Sad.

I DID offer a pro-Trump argument. Did you miss it?

I don't know what were gonna do, though. I mean, who ever heard of this? Politicians lying?

I DID offer a pro-Trump argument. Did you miss it?
Can’t miss what isn’t there. An argument includes reasoning why the other person is wrong. All you offered was deflection.

Back
Top Bottom