• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[R.I.P.] [W:131] Rush Limbaugh has passed

So sad.

*trombone*

I don't know how liberals can live being so consumed with pure hate. It's incredible.

It keeps us warm on cold desert nights.

I'm a Christian, but turning the other cheek does have its limits.

For 30 years Limbaugh called fellow Americans he didn't agree with evil, enemies, and traitors, he accused them of purposely trying to destroy the country we all love..

Even if it was a family member who accused me being a traitor and an enemy of the US I wouldn't show much sympathy when that person died.

There are limits to what people can take. When Trump retweeted a video saying the only good Dem was a dead Dem, I took that personally.

It's a 2 way street, if people like Limbaugh and Trump want respect and sympathy, then they must show some respect and sympathy to others.. Neither Trump or Limbaugh showed any respect to the people they disagreed with. So don't expect any sympathy from me...
Exactly! Their slamming of those that despised Rush, while supporting Rush's slamming of those he disliked once again highlights their blatant hipocrisy.

Moderator's Warning:
Alright, things are getting a bit off track in an RIP tag thread, so I'm putting this here to remind EVERYONE.

With the recognition that the passing of political leaders (and other figures) can be a tumultuous time stirring up a variety of feelings, from sorrow to elation, the Mod Team has worked to find a solution that will allow all facets of discussion concerning a persons death be done in a civil matter. New threads with a thread tag, the “R.I.P.” tag, should be treated with the same general respect and etiquette one would show at a funeral. It is a thread for members to express their grief or condolences and to speak about the dead or the family of the dead in a respectful way, free of mud slinging. The same story that is used in a R.I.P thread may be used to create a standard thread about the matter as well (and vise versa). Conversation in this thread will run per the normal rules of Debate Politics. Personal attacks about individuals speaking ill of the dead, as per the standard rules, will not be allowed. As long as the discussion remains within the rules and on topic it is fair game.

There will be no further warnings on this, the RIP tag puts forth constraints on what can be posted, so keep it within those restraints. There are other non-RIP threads open if one so desires, but this thread will abide by the RIP tag rules.

Rush Limbaugh makes me hope there's truth in the Christian afterlife.

I haven't seen an official report yet but it's showing up all over.

The guy was a pioneer in his field and damned sure got the political conversation in this nation moving in ways it never had before.
He saved talk radio and a needed voice for conservatism. Someone today called him the G.O.A.T. of radio.
Lot of folks have called him friend and told things about him few people knew. He was quite a philanthropist. He used his name and money to seek a cure for leukemia. When he had to fight an opioid addiction and beat it, then got involved in helping others overcome it too. He was a huge supporter in a charity that provided scholarships for the children of fallen soldiers. He raised millions for Tunnels to Towers. All of them said he was a humble man and loved people. They said he truly was a patriot, loved this country, was fascinated with the founding documents. They said he knew the Constitution frontward and backward. One called him the Thomas Paine of our day.

I heard someone today say those who went to work for Rush stayed for decades because he was a wonderful employer. Tonight Mark Styne was on Tucker. He would often in the past years fill in for Rush. Styne said he owed everything he has gained in his career to Rush and on his website he posted a tribute.

https://www.steynonline.com/11078/the-indispensable-man

A couple of years back Rush Limbaugh authored a series of kids books on the founding of our country because he was concerned over the lack of basic civics 101. They were a great hit because there was a great need for them.

Mark Styne ended his piece altering Rush's well known tagline "Talent on long from G-d" with " Talent returned to G-d."

Rest in peace Rush Limbaugh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom