• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:130]Trump Struggles to Master Role of Military Commander

Risky Thicket

Sewer Rat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Trump continues to push the false news that no one has done more for the US military in recent times than Donald Trump. Many veterans I know shake their heads in disbelief. After the political deployment of troops at the US border, after the monumental (no pun intended) presidential **** up in Paris and the following **** up for not making a visit to Arlington National Cemetery because of rain again Trump's flack team decided that a quick visit to the Marine barracks 20 minutes from the White House would make it all better.

Nothing like a surprise ass covering visit from a public official to improve morale among the troops. :lamo Yeah, use them again for a photo op to cover rolling **** ups the President caused only a week before.

And now we hear that the reason President Bone Spurs has never visited troops deployed in a combat zone is not because he is scared ****less, not because it might be raining but because he doesn't support the missions where the troops are deployed!

Here's what President Bone Spurs doesn't know. It is very likely that a majority of troops deployed don't support the mission either. But those people show up. They do it when they hate it. They do it when they are scared. They do it when they are dog tired. They do it when they don't feel well. They do it when it is raining. They do and then they rotate home and they do it again when redeployed.

They do it out of duty and honor, self-respect and out of respect for each other. None of those things - none - are understood or exhibited by their Commander-in-chief.

WASHINGTON — He canceled a trip to a cemetery in France where American soldiers from World War I are buried. He did not go to the observance at Arlington National Cemetery on Veterans Day. He has not visited American troops in Iraq or Afghanistan.

And shortly after becoming commander in chief, President Trump asked so few questions in a briefing at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Fla., that top military commanders cut the number of prepared PowerPoint slides to three — they had initially planned 18 — said two officials with knowledge of the visit.

The commanders had slotted two hours for the meeting, but it lasted less than one.

One reason he has not visited troops in war zones, according to his aides, is that he does not really want American troops there in the first place. To visit, they said, would validate missions he does not truly believe in.

Source

Last edited:
Trump continues to push the false news that no one has done more for the US military in recent times than Donald Trump. Many veterans I know shake their heads in disbelief. After the political deployment of troops at the US border, after the monumental (no pun intended presidential **** up in Paris and the following **** up for not making a visit to Arlington National Cemetery because of rain again Trump's flack team decided that a quick visit to the Marine barracks 20 minutes from the White House would make it all better.

Nothing like a surprise ass covering visit from a public official to improve morale among the troops. :lamo Yeah, use them again for a photo op to cover rolling **** ups the President cause only a week before.

And now we hear that the reason President Bone Spurs has never visited troops deployed in a combat zone is not because he is scared ****less, not because it might be raining but because he doesn't support the missions where the troops are deployed!

Here's what President Bone Spurs doesn't know it is very likely that a majority of troops deployed don't support the mission either. But those people show up. They do it when they hate it. They do it when they are scared. They do it when they are dog tired. They do it when they don't feel well. They do it when it is raining. They do and then they rotate home and they do it again when redeployed.

They do it out of duty and honor, self-respect and out of respect for each other. None of those things - none - are understood or exhibited by their Commander-in-chief.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Source

But, but.........700 billion.......716 billion........and he wants to claw back 5%.

As an aside the Pentagon failed an audit, twenty years in the making......

Probably true. But another thing that is different about him is he hasn’t gotten those men and women into any new, pointless wars. There is still time to go, but that is no small thing for the military either.

Don't forget, Trumps Vietnam was dodging STDs in New York.

He also couldn't resist fighting with a Gold Star family.

Why General Mattis hangs around this slimy fat cockroach is beyond me.

Trump continues to push the false news that no one has done more for the US military in recent times than Donald Trump. Many veterans I know shake their heads in disbelief. After the political deployment of troops at the US border, after the monumental (no pun intended) presidential **** up in Paris and the following **** up for not making a visit to Arlington National Cemetery because of rain again Trump's flack team decided that a quick visit to the Marine barracks 20 minutes from the White House would make it all better.

Nothing like a surprise ass covering visit from a public official to improve morale among the troops. :lamo Yeah, use them again for a photo op to cover rolling **** ups the President caused only a week before.

Here's what President Bone Spurs doesn't know. It is very likely that a majority of troops deployed don't support the mission either. But those people show up. They do it when they hate it. They do it when they are scared. They do it when they are dog tired. They do it when they don't feel well. They do it when it is raining. They do and then they rotate home and they do it again when redeployed.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Source

The bolded is a powerful statement. And pretty damn accurate, even though I might change the lead-in from "majority" of troops don't support the mission, to "some" don't support the mission.

The problem here though, is with Trump's voters. Trump has no decency, honor, respect, honesty, truthfulness, or any of the qualities we as Americans honor & hold dear. So why the hell would they (Trump voters) vote for anyone like Trump? I still can't get over it.

I'm glad the conservatives are leaving Trump. I may disagree in policy with some conservatives, but for the most part I can relate to principled conservatives. I feel like we both want many of the same core things - freedom - liberty - justice - but disagree on how to attain them. That's fine. But I can't even begin to relate to Trumpers, save for seeing their desire for a change.

Last edited:
Probably true. But another thing that is different about him is he hasn’t gotten those men and women into any new, pointless wars. There is still time to go, but that is no small thing for the military either.
Fair point.

Quite honestly, despite his bravado I suspect Trump may be afraid to be in charge of prosecuting a war. I know I'd be!

Fair point.

Quite honestly, despite his bravado I suspect Trump may be afraid to be in charge of prosecuting a war. I know I'd be!

And it would be a LOT of work.

And it would be a LOT of work.

“Good people don’t smoke marijuana.” - Jeff Sessions, Ex-Attorney General of the United States. ...no charge..

If there is a serious international emergency we are in serious trouble.....imo.

I can't imagine living with my thoughts of wondering if I made the right decisions? It sounds like a living nightmare.

You are giving too much credit ........

Has the Great Leaderene figured out that stealth aircraft aren't actually invisible yet?

C’mon, man! You were at your snarkiest earlier today and now you want to play possum?

Paraphrasing a quote I am too lazy too google; “heavy is the crown......blah, blah.......”

Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown. A person who has great responsibilities, such as a king, is constantly worried and therefore doesn't sleep soundly. This saying is a line from the play King Henry the Fourth, Part Two , by William Shakespeare.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Source

To the bolded that is rather interesting as many of the actively serving members I work with have a much higher opinion of Trump then they did Obama. An opinion I strongly disagree with.

Though I do support Trump loosening of the retarded ROEs in Afghanistan and actually allowing the military to run the way as well as a few other decisions. Overall though he is a joke.

Last edited:

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Source

I really cant wait for you all to try to stand on morsl high ground when republicians are calling the nect democrat potus names.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I really cant wait for you all to try to stand on morsl high ground when republicians are calling the nect democrat potus names.

been there...see # 44

Don't forget, Trumps Vietnam was dodging STDs in New York.

He also couldn't resist fighting with a Gold Star family.

Why General Mattis hangs around this slimy fat cockroach is beyond me.

There's a lot about Trump I don't like, fighting with a gold star family is one of them. I also didn't like him referring to our POW's as bad soldiers because they got caught. But this Vietnam thing is over played. I don't hold for whatever reason Trump didn't go to Vietnam against him. Not anymore than I held dodging the draft by Bill Clinton against him. From what I seen a lot of those who were okay with Bill and Vietnam hold that against Trump and vice versa, those who are okay with Trump still hold Bill's evading accountable.

It's either both or none in my book. Sure Trump uses the military as a prop, but almost every president and candidates have done that. I don't view Trump as a friend of the military and I don't care much for him and his obnoxious ways. But on Vietnam, I'll give him a pass.

Trump didn't even know what the nuclear triad is when he was campaigning back in 2016.

Who is y’all?

There's a lot about Trump I don't like, fighting with a gold star family is one of them. I also didn't like him referring to our POW's as bad soldiers because they got caught. But this Vietnam thing is over played. I don't hold for whatever reason Trump didn't go to Vietnam against him. Not anymore than I held dodging the draft by Bill Clinton against him. From what I seen a lot of those who were okay with Bill and Vietnam hold that against Trump and vice versa, those who are okay with Trump still hold Bill's evading accountable.

It's either both or none in my book. Sure Trump uses the military as a prop, but almost every president and candidates have done that. I don't view Trump as a friend of the military and I don't care much for him and his obnoxious ways. But on Vietnam, I'll give him a pass.

I have a LOT of Vietnam Veteran friends,family,and acquaintances. They would like to give him something too, but it ain't no free pass.

I don't view Trump as a friend of the military and I don't care much for him and his obnoxious ways. But on Vietnam, I'll give him a pass.

Nope, can't...because he decided to refer to sex as HIS "personal" Vietnam, and because he devotes an inordinate amount of energy trying to appear as a total badass warrior. Nope, I just can't.

And Bubba did neither of those things.

The greatest service trum has done is unmasked the leftamd ia making them to show everyone their true coors

Trump's greatest service is making everyone show beer? after looking at that post,it appears you may want to call it a night. :)

Not really. The US has permanent presence (maybe temporary) in Syria at Al Tanf, despite Donald's protestations and statements "we're getting out of Syria". Not to mention our secret missions in Africa. For the men getting shot at and being killed, it's war.

To the bolded that is rather interesting as many of the actively serving members I work with have a much higher opinion of Trump then they did Obama. An opinion I strongly disagree with.

Though I do support Trump loosening of the retarded ROEs in Afghanistan and actually allowing the military to run the way as well as a few other decisions. Overall though he is a joke.

Careful... You may be branded as a Trumpist, Trumpeter, whatever the current buzz word is...

Back
Top Bottom