• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:13]Liberalism. The gift that keeps giving.

The gift that keeps giving

• I am following it closely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not even heard of it

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • What’s Liberalism?

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • What’s lead paint?

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Tom Horn

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Who has heard of this on-going legal case. City of Santa Cruz CA. VS. Valhi, Con-Agra and Sherwin Williams

Re: Liberalism. The gift that keeps giving.

Who has heard of this on-going legal case. City of Santa Cruz CA. VS. Valhi, Con-Agra and Sherwin Williams

While I don’t know anything about the case, I, of course, know what Sherwin Williams is. Is that what you use to paint with such a broad brush?

While I don’t know anything about the case, I, of course, know what Sherwin Williams is. Is that what you use to paint with such a broad brush?

Well played!

I try to never use the term "Liberal" to describe Leftists.

Up until about the time of FDR "Liberal" described the exact opposite of what it describes today.

The term was used to identify "Open Minded Individualists" today it describes "Closed minded Collectivists."

Everything the Left tries fails so they rely on propaganda. Redefining words is on of their favorite propaganda tactics.

Controlling most of media and academia is how they get away with the propaganda.

What does your amazement that the meaning of words changes over time have to do with the Cowboys? Are you a sinister villain? At one time, that would have meant a left handed mayor...

I try to never use the term "Liberal" to describe Leftists.

Up until about the time of FDR "Liberal" described the exact opposite of what it describes today.

The term was used to identify "Open Minded Individualists" today it describes "Closed minded Collectivists."

Everything the Left tries fails so they rely on propaganda. Redefining words is on of their favorite propaganda tactics.

Controlling most of media and academia is how they get away with the propaganda.

Sound point. The word 'liberal' is related to the word 'free'. Today's US 'liberals' do not favour freedom - of speech for example - but narrow conformity to their dictates of what is 'politically correct'. Disagreement with 'liberal' bigots incurs the risk of being 'no platformed' or being roughed up by liberal thugs.

Moderator's Warning:
Everyone needs to stick to the topic please.

Back
Top Bottom