• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:13]Flashback: Trump in 2008 wanted Nancy Pelosi and House Democrats to impeach President Bush

Puigb

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Trump: "I was surprised that she didn't do more in terms of Bush and going after Bush. It was almost -- it just seemed like she was going to really look to impeach Bush and get him out of office, which, personally, I think would have been a wonderful thing."

Blitzer: "Impeaching him?"

Trump: "Absolutely, for the war, for the war."

Blitzer: "Because of the conduct of the war."

Trump: "Well, he lied. He got us into the war with lies. And, I mean, look at the trouble Bill Clinton got into with something that was totally unimportant. And they tried to impeach him, which was nonsense. And, yet, Bush got us into this horrible war with lies, by lying, by saying they had weapons of mass destruction, by saying all sorts of things that turned out not to be true.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...anti-trump-ad-says-he-backed-impeaching-bush/

There you have in 2008, the future Republican president Donald Trump saying the (at the time) current Republican president Bush should have been impeached by, you guessed it, none other than Nancy Pelosi and House Democrats. I bet the last thing that cretin thought was that he would one day be a Republican president facing off against Nancy Pelosi and House Democrats himself. I still wonder if now in 2019 he would DARE say that Pelosi and House Democrats should have impeached Bush. Probably not, considering he pretended he never said it when questioned about it in 2016.

Also worth noting how he defended the EVIL Bill Clinton, basically saying (as he said in the past many times) that he thought Clinton's impeachment was a joke (which he was right about).

Funny how life is, eh? The guy in a matter of less than a decade went from anti Bush/Pro Clinton Democrat to staunch "conservative" hero. Such a drastic change in such a short period, in his late 60's no less! But nah, the guy is surely not an opportunist, no way:roll:

Last edited:
Re: Flashback: Trump in 2008 wanted Nancy Pelosi and House Democrats to impeach President Bush

Troll thread.

Re: Flashback: Trump in 2008 wanted Nancy Pelosi and House Democrats to impeach President Bush

Troll thread.

So are you denying Trump said that?

I'm saying you're trolling.

Maybe the Obama Shadow government made him say it? Wait, Obama wasn't even president then, so maybe the Bush shadow government was responsible?!?!

I'm saying you're trolling.

How am I trolling, I asked you if you are denying trump said that? Seems you are afraid of the truth.

Troll thread.

Like a rat to day old bread?

How am I trolling, I asked you if you are denying trump said that? Seems you are afraid of the truth.

He's a Trumpster. They're not afraid of the truth, they're allergic to it.

He's a Trumpster. They're not afraid of the truth, they're allergic to it.

Warning, warning... Pot vs Kettle alarms just blew up in several neighboring time-zones.

Be advised of flying shrapnel... and bull ****.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...anti-trump-ad-says-he-backed-impeaching-bush/

There you have in 2008, the future Republican president Donald Trump saying the (at the time) current Republican president Bush should have been impeached by, you guessed it, none other than Nancy Pelosi and House Democrats. I bet the last thing that cretin thought was that he would one day be a Republican president facing off against Nancy Pelosi and House Democrats himself. I still wonder if now in 2019 he would DARE say that Pelosi and House Democrats should have impeached Bush. Probably not, considering he pretended he never said it when questioned about it in 2016.

Also worth noting how he defended the EVIL Bill Clinton, basically saying (as he said in the past many times) that he thought Clinton's impeachment was a joke (which he was right about).

Funny how life is, eh? The guy in a matter of less than a decade went from anti Bush/Pro Clinton Democrat to staunch "conservative" hero. Such a drastic change in such a short period, in his late 60's no less! But nah, the guy is surely not an opportunist, no way:roll:

He's as much an opportunist, as Hillary and Obama. So I really have no other cares then for what he is doing now.

I could really care less about what he was saying back in 2008, because everyone changes on their opinion, or their complete stance. He was a democrat before being picked up by the republicans and strangely enough, as was I. So I can at least see from where most of this is coming.

yawn...

Let me know when Trump gets us in a war.

He's as much an opportunist, as Hillary and Obama. So I really have no other cares then for what he is doing now.

I could really care less about what he was saying back in 2008, because everyone changes on their opinion, or their complete stance. He was a democrat before being picked up by the republicans and strangely enough, as was I. So I can at least see from where most of this is coming.

Yes, I know you and 90% of the GOP base don't care. And that's what's amusing, and that's why the 2015/2016 GOP primaries will be analyzed for many years to come.

And no, Obama and Hillary are not comparable to Trump. Neither switched parties around 6 times, and changed their ENTIRE political platforms in their late 60's to appease a certain group of voters. And Republicans "didn't pick him up", Trump hi-jacked the party when he realized race and birtherism was popular with a large segment of the GOP base. In case you forget, the GOP spent the entire primaries literally BEGGING you guys to NOT vote for Trump. Once you guys ignored the pleas from your parties leaders, is only when the GOP felt they had no choice but to jump on the "Trump train", which has been a complete train wreck ever since.

BTW, the GOP deserves everything that is coming to them due to the Trump train wreck. They, along with right wing media and pundits, are the reason why Trump was even able to take over the GOP in the first place.

Last edited:

Moderator's Warning:
One poster has left the thread. More will be leaving if they choose not to discuss the topic set forth in the OP.

Yes, I know you and 90% of the GOP base don't care. And that's what's amusing, and that's why the 2015/2016 GOP primaries will be analyzed for many years to come.

And no, Obama and Hillary are not comparable to Trump. Neither switched parties around 6 times, and changed their ENTIRE political platforms in their late 60's to appease a certain group of voters. And Republicans "didn't pick him up", Trump hi-jacked the party when he realized race and birtherism was popular with a large segment of the GOP base. In case you forget, the GOP spent the entire primaries literally BEGGING you guys to NOT vote for Trump. Once you guys ignored the pleas from your parties leaders, is only when the GOP felt they had no choice but to jump on the "Trump train", which has been a complete train wreck ever since.

BTW, the GOP deserves everything that is coming to them due to the Trump train wreck. They, along with right wing media and pundits, are the reason why Trump was even able to take over the GOP in the first place.

I'll be waiting for you to actually come out with a point. Seeing as you can't even seem to get simple history straight, nor want to represent things legitimately in the very least.

You're basically trying to just troll here, especially with this horribly obvious display that you've just put on.

You're whining about race and birtherism, even though that was never his campaign. So am I going to have to wait for you to invent something else after this post. Because I still wont care.
I won't care for any lie that you can make up, nor for any bygone semantics that you can pull from an age when the man wasn't even running. Because despite what you say, yes. Hillary and Obama had the same issue with keeping their act straight.

Both were against same sex marriage, until for some reason it was fine to go along with it. They were fine with boarder security being revised and improved, until they found that it was going to lose them standing with the rest of their party and maybe even lose them votes.
I would like you to actually come at this intellectually and honestly. Instead of using this same idiotic tactic that keeps getting posters like you caught, all the damn time.

Trump contributed to Hilldogs NY Senate campaign. Politics is full of hypocrisy.

I'll be waiting for you to actually come out with a point. Seeing as you can't even seem to get simple history straight, nor want to represent things legitimately in the very least.

You're basically trying to just troll here, especially with this horribly obvious display that you've just put on.

You're whining about race and birtherism, even though that was never his campaign. So am I going to have to wait for you to invent something else after this post. Because I still wont care.
I won't care for any lie that you can make up, nor for any bygone semantics that you can pull from an age when the man wasn't even running. Because despite what you say, yes. Hillary and Obama had the same issue with keeping their act straight.

Both were against same sex marriage, until for some reason it was fine to go along with it. They were fine with boarder security being revised and improved, until they found that it was going to lose them standing with the rest of their party and maybe even lose them votes.
I would like you to actually come at this intellectually and honestly. Instead of using this same idiotic tactic that keeps getting posters like you caught, all the damn time.

Again, neither Hillary or Obama changed their political platforms or party affiliations multiple times the way Trump did. There is no comparison.

And yes, race and birtherism played a massive part in getting him where he's at today. To pretend otherwise is laughable.

Just goes to provide hope that if Trump can get straightened out on Pelosi then Pelosi might be able to get straightened out on Trump.

Again, neither Hillary or Obama changed their political platforms or party affiliations multiple times the way Trump did. There is no comparison.

And yes, race and birtherism played a massive part in getting him where he's at today. To pretend otherwise is laughable.
Saying that they didn't have similar issues, is a far cry from being correct about it. I hope you realize that at some point.

Alright, cite me an article where it was covered that he was running his campaign on race and appealing to birthers.

I'll wait.

Saying that they didn't have similar issues, is a far cry from being correct about it. I hope you realize that at some point.

Alright, cite me an article where it was covered that he was running his campaign on race and appealing to birthers.

I'll wait.

an article? Why? You'd just dismiss it.

an article? Why? You'd just dismiss it.

Good that you're smart enough to run away. But attributing bias already, without even having a standard for it. Only reveals just how little of a footing you had here to begin with.

You know that right?

Still waiting on that citation.

The Dems should look at it as dodging a bullet. Trump could have hijaked the Democratic party. Instead he went for even bigger bunch of rubes.

Good that you're smart enough to run away. But attributing bias already, without even having a standard for it. Only reveals just how little of a footing you had here to begin with.

You know that right?

Still waiting on that citation.

everything I stated was a fact. You have yet to prove otherwise.

Troll thread.

LOL, it's only a troll thread if you accept the fact that Trump is a low life liar, the degree to which "we have never seen before."

In other words, you admired Trump is gar badge by posting this.

everything I stated was a fact. You have yet to prove otherwise.

Wow, I waited all this time to come back to the same weak **** that the others keep giving me.

No citation, no nothing at this point. Though I really can't be too upset. Because it can't be too hard to fail at supplying something that possibly doesn't even exist.

Back
Top Bottom