• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#125]Kenosha County ravaged by BLM riots flips red after decades of Dem leadership

I'm so old, I can remember when David Shor - a young data scientist who worked on the Obama campaign - pointed out that this sort of thing tended to happen, and it got him canceled.
Yes, I remember that particular incident and the reaction was pretty interesting given that what he said wasn't controversial or surprising at all. I can't imagine many people thinking riots that destroy their neighborhoods are viewed favorably. Add to that the fact "law and order" has been a popular political topic for as long as most people can remember, then one can safely assume the idea of burning cities is not going to be favorable to the political party in charge.

Nope, murders are up in Red states, some of them run by Republican mayors. You can't blame the left for your issues anymore, my friend. I swear, today's Republican is just like the Nazis. Blaming everyone else for their downfalls. Nothing will ever be a Republican's fault. LOL
Wrong. These protest started in the left run cities because it was under the failed democratic leadership that the problem is prevalent. Sorry but lies will not change the facts. The attempt to deflect away from the failed leadership by these democratic leaders by pointing and blaming everyone else only fools the fools.

Can you link to the Democrats in government in Kenosha who "support burning and looting", and include how exactly they support it?
Where was the police? On vacation. Please. Only an idiot can not see how the left run cities did nothing to protect our citizens from these terrorist masquerading as protesters. You can't really be this naïve.

Where was the police? On vacation. Please. Only an idiot can not see how the left run cities did nothing to protect our citizens from these terrorist masquerading as protesters. You can't really be this naïve.

Where was the police? On vacation? All of them?

I asked you to provide a link to back up your claim. Here is my post again:

Can you link to the Democrats in government in Kenosha who "support burning and looting", and include how exactly they support it?

Your little rant about left run cities and me didn't back up your claim. Try again?

Well, he got fired because it pointed out that violence caused people to move away from support of an associated party, and, the Virtuous And Correct People were all trying to excuse political violence at that time.
Its also a matter of the second part of the equation. Condemnding the conditions which lead to the riots. When people suffer awful conditions and nobody listens and in fact jeers at EVERY single peaceful method, this is what happens. Its not like black people and civil rights activists havnt tried every peaceful method under the sun. Thats what people ignore when they jeer at people who are fed up with feeling like they are under an occupation. Nobody ever really addresses the arm of the state that is often the biggest threat to freedom.

I dont think that guy should have been canceled but peaceful methods just havnt worked and get you equally as much vitriol.

Not all viewpoints deserve merit but people on the left have been fighting against police brutality for decades on end, its a very thankless job lol.

It is called something you don't understand, accountability but will see that again in November 2022

Right. Its pretty dimple, really. White folks are fine with no police accountability when it comes to killing black people and object to those who want it.

As you point out, Republicans see it as a winning issue. Call it the "Bull Connor" vote.

Your little rant about left run cities and me didn't back up your claim. Try again?

You mean when they aren't busy "grooming" children?

No one supports burning or looting. What we support is the police not murdering black people in cold blood. Racist republicans enjoy black people being murdered in cold blood. Sucks to be a traitorous conservative or Republican's today.
It really doesn't have to be either/or, does it?

You and plenty of others should have been CONDEMNING the violent riots and the destruction of property instead of excusing it and STILL could have been supporting the police not murdering black people in cold blood.

But, you didn't.

Right. Its pretty dimple, really. White folks are fine with no police accountability when it comes to killing black people and object to those who want it.
Who objects to that? Because it certainly is a big line of bullshit when you say "white folks" and honestly it is starting to grate on my nerves with all the broad brushes here.

Keep posting dip shit things, eventually you'll be gone.
As you point out, Republicans see it as a winning issue. Call it the "Bull Connor" vote.

This thread is misleading. Kenosha went for Trump in 2016. The rightward shift had nothing to do with the Rittenhouse debacle. Also everyone knows that Kenosha is a dump.
Well, after being blue it is no wonder it is a "dump"

Yes, I remember that particular incident and the reaction was pretty interesting given that what he said wasn't controversial or surprising at all. I can't imagine many people thinking riots that destroy their neighborhoods are viewed favorably. Add to that the fact "law and order" has been a popular political topic for as long as most people can remember, then one can safely assume the idea of burning cities is not going to be favorable to the political party in charge.
This is true but i think people left and right forget what Dr. King said about the voices of the unheard. Hell i didnt get the full context until recently but the full context is riots tend to be the voice of the unheard. If you condemn the violence of people who are hurting without condemning the conditions which lead to the riots, you are effectively telling people to just shut up.

Republicans politicians dont listen, Collin Kaepernik was the peaceful method, he got fired and canceled for just kneeling.

Often times just standing out there with placards and signs is something that can be easily ignored by our rulers. If you arent pissing off those in power who are making your life miserable, you arent protesting right.

Where were the police protecting the citizens of Kenosha. You need to do some research if you think the Mayor did his job. He failed miserably. So bad was his failure that the people had to take to streets as a militia to protect their homes and businesses from these terrorist. We had a convicted felon lighting things on fire and again where was the police protection? Failure by the lefty leaders clearly led to the destruction of that city and the death of people. Until you figure that out this will continue. You have to first acknowledge the problem to even start to solve the problem.

Continue to show liberal ignorance, those so called white folks are Democrat run cities where they hire, train, and fund the police who apparently you believe are racists. Now of course those Democratic City leaders cannot be responsible?

It really doesn't have to be either/or, does it?

You and plenty of others should have been CONDEMNING the violent riots and the destruction of property instead of excusing it and STILL could have been supporting the police not murdering black people in cold blood.

But, you didn't.
That's a lie. It's the lie right-wing nuts tell themselves to ease their guilt. Everyone condemns violence.

Knock it off.

Wrong. These protest started in the left run cities because it was under the failed democratic leadership that the problem is prevalent. Sorry but lies will not change the facts. The attempt to deflect away from the failed leadership by these democratic leaders by pointing and blaming everyone else only fools the fools.
Wrong again. Please quit trying to blame others for your racist views.

This is true but i think people left and right forget what Dr. King said about the voices of the unheard. Hell i didnt get the full context until recently but the full context is riots tend to be the voice of the unheard. If you condemn the violence of people who are hurting without condemning the conditions which lead to the riots, you are effectively telling people to just shut up.

Republicans politicians dont listen, Collin Kaepernik was the peaceful method, he got fired and canceled for just kneeling.

Often times just standing out there with placards and signs is something that can be easily ignored by our rulers. If you arent pissing off those in power who are making your life miserable, you arent protesting right.
Sure, and it's a valid point. I'm just focusing on the purely political side of this, which is what Shor was addressing. I don't want to derail the thread, but the issue with police accountability in poor communities has been an issue for decades, and has continually blown up at different points in time; this time it did so nationally.

Continue to show liberal ignorance, those so called white folks are Democrat run cities where they hire, train, and fund the police who apparently you believe are racists. Now of course those Democratic City leaders cannot be responsible?
No they are never responsible. They are clearly irresponsible. It is always everyone else's fault. It is all the fault of racist white people who have nothing to do with the city and live and work somewhere else. All the crime in these left run cities is the fault of people who have never even been to these cities. They actually believe these lies and misinformation.

Have you ever been to Minneapolis? Name one major city ran by Republicans that is a nicer city than Minneapolis.

No they are never responsible. They are clearly irresponsible. It is always everyone else's fault. It is all the fault of racist white people who have nothing to do with the city and live and work somewhere else. All the crime in these left run cities is the fault of people who have never even been to these cities. They actually believe these lies and misinformation.
Supporters of today's D's live in the past but vote for the same ideology over and over again expecting different results. Einstein calls that insanity and to me that describes what many D's are today, insane

Have you ever been to Minneapolis? Name one major city ran by Republicans that is a nicer city than Minneapolis.
Why don't you tell us about the Minneapolis riots and who is responsible? How about Seattle, Portland, LA, SF, Chicago, Kenosha, Louisville, NYC? You seem to ignore who runs these cities, hires, funds, and trains the police. Tell us why racism is a problem? How do you enact change by voting for the same ideology over and over again and what is the federal gov't going to do about racism and rioting in the cities?

Back
Top Bottom