• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:123]ANTIFA goons plan protest at Covington Catholic High

Re: ANTIFA goons plan protest at Covington Catholic High

Hopefully the police will be there to protect these innocent kids against a group known for overly aggressive action. It will be interesting to see how many actually show up since the kids have been clearly vindicated on all counts and KY isn't exactly friendly land for ANTIFA fascists.

There won't be any news coverage, either, since innocent white kids who go to catholic school will be the harassment victims.

That hat on MLK is straight-up blasphemous.

ANTIFA communists are going after high school kids.
What could go wrong? :lamo

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...holic-school-over-far-left-fake-news-scandal/

This is one of the dangers with zealot reactions generating false stories or misrepresentations of alleged racism, sexism, etc..

It start's with "fake news" followed by, or founded on "twitterstorms" designed to scapegoat a target. This creates the proper levels of mass "anger" and "outrage" leading to "righteous action" against said target.

It is one of the things I fear most about our "information age" society, dependent on "Likes" and "Dislikes" to determine what is right and wrong; never realizing they can thereby be led by the nose like any old-school lynch mob.

Last edited:

That hat on MLK is straight-up blasphemous.

I was holding back; only thing worse would be if the brim was flat..........

This is one of the dangers with zealot reactions generating false stories or misrepresentations of alleged racism, sexism, etc..

It start's with "fake news" followed by, or founded on "twitterstorms" designed to scapegoat a target. This creates the proper levels of mass "anger" and "outrage" leading to "righteous action" against said target.

It is one of the things I fear most about our "information age" society, dependent on "Likes" and "Dislikes" to determine what is right and wrong; never realizing they can thereby be led by the nose like any old-school lynch mob.
Correct me wrong Captain, but in the original thread - did you not approve, support, and encourage what you claim is a perfectly fine expression of the 1st A?

I assume you support this expression, as well?

I was holding back; only thing worse would be if the brim was flat..........

I mean how ****ing far gone do you have to be in order to think MLK would be remotely ok with that.

Correct me wrong Captain, but in the original thread - did you not approve, support, and encourage what you claim is a perfectly fine expression of the 1st A?

I assume you support this expression, as well?

I have no problem with non-violent expression by anyone.

What I have a problem with is scapegoating and then targeting someone because of it.

A news story was promulgated on false information, and IMO is being perpetuated by an individual in order to gain personal attention and notoriety.

Whatever the Native American activist might think he is doing, IMO ANTIFA are not going merely to "protest" the school. ANTIFA is not a "peaceful" organization, as their history has shown they go looking to create an incident to overreact to.

And the media are complicit in spreading disinformation via a heavily edited video, because stirring unrest makes them money. This is a dangerous situation. Look how they fanned the flames concerning confederate statues, which resulted in a fatality.

I have no problem with non-violent expression by anyone.

What I have a problem with is scapegoating and then targeting someone because of it.

A news story was promulgated on false information, and IMO is being perpetuated by an individual in order to gain personal attention and notoriety.

Whatever the Native American activist might think he is doing, IMO ANTIFA are not going merely to "protest" the school. ANTIFA is not a "peaceful" organization, as their history has shown they go looking to create an incident to react to.
But you are attempting to impose the nature of events as you perceive them, upon others. However, as you stated there - no violence was done - so all is good.

So a peaceful Antifa 1st A expression is fine, then? We're all good with that?

But you are attempting to impose the nature of events as you perceive them, upon others. However, as you stated there - no violence was done - so all is good.

So a peaceful Antifa 1st A expression is fine, then? We're all good with that?

Yes. If they can protest peacefully without violating the law, then more power to them.

Antifa and The Gateway Pundit. Two peas in a pod.

I agree and had a similar thought. One caveat, though, ANTIFA has been awfully aggressive and violent.

Yes. If they can protest peacefully without violating the law, then more power to them.
Well that's consistent, so I'll respect your opinion here and give credit for it.

I feel differently. I have to legally respect these individuals' right to 1st A expression, but I'm dead against what they're doing. I'm against people acting like a-holes, regardless of legality. And I believe since Trump's in office, we are seeing more a-holish behavior everyday.

It's not enough (for me) to be merely "legal". One has to be right. And that kid wasn't right in any of the videos, regardless of the others' wrongs.

(As an aside, I'd like to know who was the idiot that gave the kids the go-ahead to chant the school sports song in response to the other crowds; brilliant!)

I have a feeling that ANTIFA won't get the free pass to loot, riot, burn, and indiscriminately assault people in Kentucky that they have gotten in all the major liberal cities on the coasts.

I certainly hope not. Antifa never shows up to protest. They show up to incite anarchy and violence.

I have a feeling that ANTIFA won't get the free pass to loot, riot, burn, and indiscriminately assault people in Kentucky that they have gotten in all the major liberal cities on the coasts.

That's a stupid thing to say even for you.:roll:

That's a stupid thing to say even for you.:roll:

Really? Apparently you don't watch the news of various video clips showing just that, the police standing aside and not intervening.

ANTIFA communists are going after high school kids.
What could go wrong? :lamo

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...holic-school-over-far-left-fake-news-scandal/

At least you got the part about them actually being Communists right, and yes Antifa showing up at that school is all kinds of ****ed up, and I condemn them if they do it.

I normally do not see any of your posts but this is one where the squirrel was looking for a nut and got one.
Congratulations.

thegatewaypundit, 4chan and other total sh** sites are the only ones talking about any protest/confrontation at Covington. Idiots.

Problem is they are showing screen caps of the website and twitter feeds. I'm sure they are the only ones talking about it because the major media lost their story about evil kids in red hats and white skin. Probably won't be any coverage because of the skin color of the victims. But that doesn't mean it's not all over the crazy group's website and feed.

I agree and had a similar thought. One caveat, though, ANTIFA has been awfully aggressive and violent.

That's because Antifa are anarchist or communist. Either way, they are an extremist fringe group and no friends to anyone, certainly not Dems or liberals, as evidenced by the fact that they routinely attack liberals, too.

Now, with Charlottesville way off in the rear view mirror, they're desperately searching for relevancy.

Some of them might get their asses shot.
Hate to say it but I will not feel the least bit of compassion for any of them that do.
Actually I don't hate to say it because I am not the one doing any shooting but I suspect a lot of Kentucky folks will be.
Don't mess with their kids.

Antifa thugs. NAs who falsely accuse white boys of being racist beasts. What could go wrong?

That's because Antifa are anarchist or communist. Either way, they are an extremist fringe group and no friends to anyone, certainly not Dems or liberals, as evidenced by the fact that they routinely attack liberals, too.

Now, with Charlottesville way off in the rear view mirror, they're desperately searching for relevancy.

Yeah, been a while since anyone in the Dem party has given them any credit for anything. Still, they base their views off that party and are as attached as gatewaypundit is to the rational right wing.

They are both loons and fringe and not worth taking seriously, but the difference is still the same. ANTIFA is violent in addition to being crazy. GP is just crazy.

Back
Top Bottom