• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:123]ANTIFA goons plan protest at Covington Catholic High

Re: ANTIFA goons plan protest at Covington Catholic High

None of us are, tho I like to make jokes about how close I am :)

I'm actually really upset about the whole event because I want relations to be better and this is what I see as one of the worst enemies to that goal. The whole thing is ridiculous and serves no one. I wouldn't be honest if I didn't say the same any time a group of white pride jackasses or similar groups committed horrible atrocities. It cuts both ways and I just hate to see either side spreading easily caught lies and making it worse.

KKK and Nazis and "Confederate Pride" groups are abominations to human nature and you wont' find me defending them. On the same page, ANTIFA is newer and all, but showing the same tendencies. I'd love to see them all shut down.

Antifa CLAIMS that they are the same as the original "Anti-Fascist" groups in 1930's Europe.
They aren't, not even a whisper the same, not even remotely.

By the way, the Green Party in the USA CLAIMS kinship with the Greens in UK/EU and again, not even remotely close.
At least over there, the Greens actually get people elected and demand that they produce something constructive and work together with the other parties.
Over here, the Green Party serves one purpose only, to siphon off liberal votes for Democrats and they're proud of it, too.

Yep, a Right Winger probably will kill someone again.

Had the media exercised caution, there wouldn't have been mêlées at Charlottesville. The confederate supporters would have held signs and protested, without bloodshed. But a corrupt Democratic mayor ordered a state of emergency, before any violence had actually taken place. This was done so the police could force the confederate side out into the Antifa area.

Did you watch the video in its entirety?

Apparently not.

A Black group of demonstrators was hurling racial slurs at the students from Covington Catholic. You can hear it on the video.

Would MLK be OK with that?

The irrefutable fact that the Black demonstrators were hurling racial slurs at the students is the whole entire reason Nathan Phillips voluntarily of his own free will walked away from the group he was demonstrating with and approached the students.

Phillips approached the wrong group. He should have approached the Blacks, invaded their personal face, and got in their faces and chanted and beat his drum.

Of course, had he done that, they would have probably assaulted him, so Phillips took the easy way out.

As for myself, PTSD or not, I never tolerate anyone invading my personal space. I would of course, take a step back, but if the aggressor stepped forward, and that's what Phillips was -- an aggressor, they'd get a two-handed arm shiver, and then escalate from there if necessary.

You're confused as to the topic of that post.

Antifa can crawl out of the woodwork at the flick of a light switch. They'll be there.
Even if they do it will be a small, utterly ineffective, gathering and will be kept off school property.

I'm inclined to agree with your prediction. However, these kids have had their lives threatened, their privacy invaded, and personal information shared. Violence against these kids has had rewards offered. All this because the media was so quick to paint a smirking kid in a red hat as the worst criminal in town.

I think the fact that they are planning a protest at all should be newsworthy to the same outlets that got so hot and bothered just 24 hours ago.
Jumping to conclusions is what many do nowadays. It’s not a good thing and not likely to go away. Attention is what groups like antifa want. Deny them that and they have no power.

I want to be sure I understand your point before I respond. I don't want to mistake your position.

First, this part 1:

This appears to mean, in the context of this thread, that you don't think ANTIFA should protest, because they do act like a-holes when they do. Am I reading that part correctly?

Then there is this part 2:

Now this could mean that ANTIFA is not "right" to protest the school even though it is legal to do so. However, when taken with the part about the "kid in the video" (assuming it was the smiling kid) I am confused about how it applies to part 1 quoted above. Could you clarify?
My statements here are made in general, to bolster my opinion that there is a difference between the very low bar of merely not doing anything "illegal", to the higher bar of "doing what's right".

"It's not illegal" is not the bar we should desire or accept. Whether from our President, or from the kid in the MAGA hat. I assure you the MAGA kid's Catholic School does not accept the low bar of "it's legal".

Part 3 seems to be clear enough standing alone.:

Well, having been a High School teacher for a couple-or-so years while working on my first graduate degree, I chaperoned a few events involving sports teams or other student organizations on field trips.

I can see the school chaperones, hearing some of the things the Black Hebrews were spouting, authorizing the kids to respond with school cheers/chants. It's pretty standard at sports events between rival crowds, not only giving the kids a non-offensive way to respond but also redirecting some of their energy toward "school spirit" and away from other actions.
I'm blown away by your statement, here.

I can't see how anyone would think singing the school's sport song in response to a threatening crowd, would be a good or appropriate reaction. These songs are colloquially called "fight songs" by the students, because they are used to push your team to beat the other! Huh?

I strongly suspect that "let's sing the fight song" school administrator is in hot water, too. As they should be. They showed terrible judgment.

That hat on MLK is straight-up blasphemous.

Nah, just showing off their true colors. Do you hear a whistle?

ANTIFA communists are going after high school kids.
What could go wrong? :lamo

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...holic-school-over-far-left-fake-news-scandal/

Is there nothing in America that can't be cheapened?

Jesus H Christ weeps at this, where the **** are the adults in America, those level headed individuals who know when it's time to say "I am sorry."

There is so much hate in your country, no wonder you arm yourselves against each other. Nothing is ever laid to rest, nothing is ever forgiven and God help those "enemies" who decide to forgive.

FFS, the Senate is going to re-open investigations into Hillary. Maybe investigate Nixon and Reagan along with it. I am sure someone can whip some Americans into a frenzy over Gerry Ford, investigate his pardon of Nixon BEFORE any investigation was concluded...and certainly Kennedy's alleged assassination is grist for another multi-million $ probe of some kind.

And while we're at it, lets get to the bottom of the lie about George Washington and the cherry tree!

My statements here are made in general, to bolster my opinion that there is a difference between the very low bar of merely not doing anything "illegal", to the higher bar of "doing what's right".

"It's not illegal" is not the bar we should desire or accept. Whether from our President, or from the kid in the MAGA hat. I assure you the MAGA kid's Catholic School does not accept the low bar of "it's legal".

You are entitled, as always, to your opinion.

However, your opinion notwithstanding, the "kid" did nothing wrong.

He said nothing, he took no action overt or covert against the Native American activist. He simply stood in place and smiled while the activist, secure in his entitled mentality, walked up to him expecting the kid to "step out of his way" and then literally "drummed in his face" instead of simply walking around the kid.

The activist was not "blocked in" at the start of this particular "confrontation," the video evidence shows that he had a clear pathway either left or right of the student, but he CHOSE to stop and intimidate the kid to move. It was only when this "confrontation" went on and on that the crowd wondered what was happening (which could clearly be heard as they actually were saying this) and moved in to see what was going on.

They didn't do it to "block him in;" like any crowd they just wanted to see what was going on. I'm sorry but IMO you are seriously misreading this incident in favor of the Activist's (again IMO) self-created incident.

Last edited:

That's a stupid thing to say even for you.:roll:

He's absolutely right. ANTIFA just might be met by citizens who not only will excercise their 1st Amendment rights, but their 2nd Amendment rights, as well.

I'm blown away by your statement, here.

I can't see how anyone would think singing the school's sport song in response to a threatening crowd, would be a good or appropriate reaction. These songs are colloquially called "fight songs" by the students, because they are used to push your team to beat the other! Huh?

I strongly suspect that "let's sing the fight song" school administrator is in hot water, too. As they should be. They showed terrible judgment.

What bar should we accept? And who gets to choose that bar?

Showing up to basketball games in blackface is apparently tolerated at the school. It's not exactly a leap.
Whoa. I had to Google that. Yep. Blackface while leading the school fight song, directed at an African-American sports team.

Now the interesting question, is:

"Is it the same fight song used against the Hebrew Israelites"?

(the video has subsequently been removed)

DxbCfL1UcAAOSCK.jpg

Antifa CLAIMS that they are the same as the original "Anti-Fascist" groups in 1930's Europe.
They aren't, not even a whisper the same, not even remotely.

By the way, the Green Party in the USA CLAIMS kinship with the Greens in UK/EU and again, not even remotely close.
At least over there, the Greens actually get people elected and demand that they produce something constructive and work together with the other parties.
Over here, the Green Party serves one purpose only, to siphon off liberal votes for Democrats and they're proud of it, too.

The ANTIFA of the 30's were a buncha ****ing communist trash. I don't see any difference between then and now.

Leave it up to these Leftist clowns to go after a bunch of children. I think thst speaks volumes of the Left wing in The United States.

The worst part, is that the story that motivates the possible protest (I doubt the cowardly bastards even show up) is a lie.

It would be a real shame if someone got hurt, or worse over a fake news story.

That's Fishking's stupid way of referring to it but you gotta cut him some slack for being at least half right.
Liberal cities don't give Antifa any green light, but it's just that Antifa happens to be attracted to big cities and liberal events because too many liberal causes exercise way too much political correctness for their own good.
SOME political correctness is great, it's called having good manners and being kind, but if you go too far, you're violating Karl Popper's Paradox of Tolerance and Antifa are expert at poking holes in Popper's Paradox, it's just that simple.
Antifa are predatory and too many far Left folks act like PREY!
Hey, that was a great reference. Thanks! :thumbs:

Let’s see if anything happens tomorrow. Likely nothing at all, or only a few loons with no lives who are dealt with easily and swiftly by local PD.

I hope the ANTIFAtards get their heads caved in.

Is there nothing in America that can't be cheapened?

Jesus H Christ weeps at this, where the **** are the adults in America, those level headed individuals who know when it's time to say "I am sorry."

There is so much hate in your country, no wonder you arm yourselves against each other. Nothing is ever laid to rest, nothing is ever forgiven and God help those "enemies" who decide to forgive.

FFS, the Senate is going to re-open investigations into Hillary. Maybe investigate Nixon and Reagan along with it. I am sure someone can whip some Americans into a frenzy over Gerry Ford, investigate his pardon of Nixon BEFORE any investigation was concluded...and certainly Kennedy's alleged assassination is grist for another multi-million $ probe of some kind.

And while we're at it, lets get to the bottom of the lie about George Washington and the cherry tree!

Tell that to the ANTIFAtards. You're preaching to the choir, when you talk to me about letting by-gones be by-gones.

But, you're right: these clowns are why gun ownership is important. They're free to be stupid and we're free to defend ourselves.

What could to wrong? Someone could post a thread making a false accusation supported by an extreme right wing-nut tinfoil hat website.

No, the false accusation was made a couple days ago.

No, the false accusation was made a couple days ago.

Which one of trump's tantrums are you talking about? trump has hundreds of them every day, then tweets b.s.! You're going to have to "filter it down" a little bit.

Which one of trump's tantrums are you talking about? trump has hundreds of them every day, then tweets b.s.! You're going to have to "filter it down" a little bit.

This thread isn't about President Trump. :lamo

This thread isn't about President Trump. :lamo

I'm so sorry - you started talking about false accusations - trump makes hundreds of them daily so I thought it was on point.

My deepest apologies - continue with your propaganda.

You are entitled, as always, to your opinion.

However, your opinion notwithstanding, the "kid" did nothing wrong.

He said nothing, he took no action overt or covert against the Native American activist. He simply stood in place and smiled while the activist, secure in his entitled mentality, walked up to him expecting the kid to "step out of his way" and then literally "drummed in his face" instead of simply walking around the kid.

The activist was not "blocked in" at the start of this particular "confrontation," the video evidence shows that he had a clear pathway either left or right of the student, but he CHOSE to stop and intimidate the kid to move. It was only when this "confrontation" went on and on that the crowd wondered what was happening (which could clearly be heard as they actually were saying this) and moved in to see what was going on.

They didn't do it to "block him in;" like any crowd they just wanted to see what was going on. I'm sorry but IMO you are seriously misreading this incident in favor of the Activist's (again IMO) self-created incident.
Look, I don't agree. The kid's behaviour was unacceptable for Catholic Schools. I don't know where you're drawing your reference from, but my life has nearly continuously associated around Catholicism and Catholic Schools in some form. His school will never find this incident acceptable.

Now if you'd like to additional assign blame to others, feel free. There's plenty to go around. The Hebrew Israelites seem to be the real big-time hardcore protagonists here, IMO. But don't try to absolve the kid, because he's wrong too.

Sorry my friend, but we very much disagree here.

I'm so sorry - you started talking about false accusations - trump makes hundreds of them daily so I thought it was on point.

My deepest apologies - continue with your propaganda.

You mad because your wet dream story got proven false?

Look, I don't agree. The kid's behaviour was unacceptable for Catholic Schools. I don't know where you're drawing your reference from, but my life has nearly continuously associated around Catholicism and Catholic Schools in some form. His school will never find this incident acceptable.

Now if you'd like to additional assign blame to others, feel free. There's plenty to go around. The Hebrew Israelites seem to be the real big-time hardcore protagonists here, IMO. But don't try to absolve the kid, because he's wrong too.

Sorry my friend, but we very much disagree here.

Okay, giving you the benefit of the doubt, what exactly was it that you believe this kid "did wrong?"

What should he or should ne not have done?

Okay, giving you the benefit of the doubt, what exactly was it that you believe this kid "did wrong?"

What should he or should ne not have done?
Impeding the old man's progress, and staring him down. It was idiotic and confrontational. It was absolutely out-of-line. Also, the tomahawk hand gestures were 100% wrong and unequivocal, in my opinion. And singing the fight song? Geezus, talk about doing the wrong thing at the wrong time.

My old school would not allow these behaviours, and neither would my kids' (I believe).

If I were the school:

1] I'd discipline the MAGA kid and all the tomahawk kids with JUGs (detentions). JUG is not on the kids' school records, and does not suspend them. It simply gives them a time-out where they have to report outside of school hours for either 4 or 8 hours to a detention classroom. They sit in desks with absolutely no talking allowed, but they may read or do homework if they so desire. JUG is a rolling thing, so further (or previous) JUGs are cumulative in determining the length of detention. Too many JUGs could be cause for dismissal, though.

2] I'd really question the teacher about the fight song, and he or she better really impress upon me that in his or her stress they chose it as some form of ill-advised safety measure. I mean better REALLY impress this upon me.

3] Obviously there's going to be a ton of education on social awareness coupled with safety training.

Oh, and "JUG" = "Justice Under Good".

This is one of the dangers with zealot reactions generating false stories or misrepresentations of alleged racism, sexism, etc..

It start's with "fake news" followed by, or founded on "twitterstorms" designed to scapegoat a target. This creates the proper levels of mass "anger" and "outrage" leading to "righteous action" against said target.

It is one of the things I fear most about our "information age" society, dependent on "Likes" and "Dislikes" to determine what is right and wrong; never realizing they can thereby be led by the nose like any old-school lynch mob.

Indeed.

One high schooler harassed or injured, sure AntiFa would be liable, but would it reach to the media?
Frankly, based on their behavior, I'm inclined to believe that it should.
Could just collect all the inflammatory remarks such as Griffen, calling for names and wanting to do high schoolers harm (and there were many others as has been reported and displayed on TV), list them all as co-defendants, charge them with incitement to crime.

Back
Top Bottom