• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:122]What did I tell you all about herd immunity??

and..............???

You brought up estimates.

I brought up another estimate.

You liked your take on yours.

You don't like my take on mine.

Still doesn't make you right on herd immunity.

But you can keep trying and I'll keep returning to how it actually works.

California has the same restrictions as does New York and has had from day 1.

Yep, and the surges started there as they went into their less restrictive phases. The other factor is compliance and how cautiously people approached those reopening phases.

Yep, and the surges started there as they went into their less restrictive phases. The other factor is compliance and how cautiously people approached those reopening phases.

prove it.

You brought up estimates.

I brought up another estimate.

You liked your take on yours.

You don't like my take on mine.

Still doesn't make you right on herd immunity.

But you can keep trying and I'll keep returning to how it actually works.

Math is not your strong suit.

You asking for proof when you provide none is pretty funny. You have access to the data, feel free to search.

You are just making stuff up. that's why. You don't live in California and are saying things you know nothing about.

At some point, even the die hard haters here are going to start listening to me.
:lamo

All of my efforts to point out that Sweden wore no masks and didn't shut down and now has a near zero death rate fell on deaf ears....
That's because they did shut down. It just didn't require actual government mandates for people to voluntarily distance.

Now, here is even MORE proof I was right all along
Yes, because it's not like Fox News is even remotely biased... lol

The Fox News article conveniently omitted that 3,300+ residents of Manaus -- 1 in 500 -- were officially counted as killed by COVID-19. They were literally digging mass graves in Manaus for victims of the virus.

afc0eea0-9400-4eac-9273-ba3beb8dd2d6.jpg

They also conveniently ignored how once the bodies started to pile up, the behavior of people in the city changed. Again, you don't need official mandates for people to voluntarily avoid situations that are dangerous in a pandemic. In fact, there is plenty of evidence of people starting to social distance before governments announce measures.

I also find it hilarious that once upon a time (i.e. last week) you proclaimed that scientific studies using DNA were insufficient evidence of how the virus spreads, because... the studies weren't peer-reviewed. Today, you are peacocking not based on antibody tests or peer-reviewed studies. It's mostly because one scientist at the Pan American Health Organization who says, and I quote:

"The hypothesis — and this is just a hypothesis — is that the peak we had in Manaus was very strong, and there was such widespread community transmission that it may have produced some kind of collective immunity."

He also pointed out that Manaus "paid a very large price" for its inaction, and that "This was not a strategy, it was a tragedy."

And unsurprisingly, not everyone agrees that it's all over. Jeffrey Shaman of Columbia University points out: "In Manaus, maybe we’re done with it, and that’s it. I would love that as well. But the reality is that it’s wishful thinking. It’s confirmation bias. We can’t pick evidence we hope is true. We have to be very careful about this because it could blow up in your face very quickly."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ccda40-d80e-11ea-930e-d88518c57dcc_story.html

(I.e. premature celebration is a bad idea. Where have I heard that before...?)

So when it's something you disagree with, you set the bar incredibly high; when it's something that supports your predetermined conclusion, anything goes. How convenient.

And of course, your claims about "herd immunity" fall flat when we do see second waves. Tell us all, how did this happen?

91-DIVOC-countries-normalized-Spain.jpg

Or this?

91-DIVOC-states-Louisiana (1).jpg

Or this?

91-DIVOC-states-Colorado.jpg

You are just making stuff up. that's why. You don't live in California and are saying things you know nothing about.

Nope. I've provided plenty of citations. Do you live in Sweden, Brazil, the US northeast? If not, you should follow your own advice.

Visbek;1072521424]:lamo

That's because they did shut down. It just didn't require actual government mandates for people to voluntarily distance.
Not sure why you would be LMAO since a quick Google search will tell you that Sweden did NOT shut down. Brazil shut down for just two weeks. Access Denied

The Fox News article conveniently omitted that 3,300+ residents of Manaus -- 1 in 500 -- were officially counted as killed by COVID-19. They were literally digging mass graves in Manaus for victims of the virus.

Yep. Like Sweden, they HAD a high death toll. That is the price to pay for not devastating lives and the economy.

They also conveniently ignored how once the bodies started to pile up, the behavior of people in the city changed. Again, you don't need official mandates for people to voluntarily avoid situations that are dangerous in a pandemic. In fact, there is plenty of evidence of people starting to social distance before governments announce measures.

As with any flu, people would take precautions

I also find it hilarious that once upon a time (i.e. last week) you proclaimed that scientific studies using DNA were insufficient evidence of how the virus spreads, because... the studies weren't peer-reviewed. Today, you are peacocking not based on antibody tests or peer-reviewed studies. It's mostly because one scientist at the Pan American Health Organization who says, and I quote:

I use math and logic. Not the color of "authority". You would be wise to do the same.

"The hypothesis — and this is just a hypothesis — is that the peak we had in Manaus was very strong, and there was such widespread community transmission that it may have produced some kind of collective immunity."

You got something right for a change.

He also pointed out that Manaus "paid a very large price" for its inaction, and that "This was not a strategy, it was a tragedy."

To a nail biting snowflake.

And unsurprisingly, not everyone agrees that it's all over. Jeffrey Shaman of Columbia University points out: "In Manaus, maybe we’re done with it, and that’s it. I would love that as well. But the reality is that it’s wishful thinking. It’s confirmation bias. We can’t pick evidence we hope is true. We have to be very careful about this because it could blow up in your face very quickly."

Who is this guy? He is using maybe and could. He has no clue. He is a Debbie Downer snowflake pearl clutching liberal. NO WONDER this world is in such fear....because of aholes like him.

Yes. We all know WaPo is your GOTO source all the time

(I.e. premature celebration is a bad idea. Where have I heard that before...?)

Premature ejaculation is not good, either

So when it's something you disagree with, you set the bar incredibly high; when it's something that supports your predetermined conclusion, anything goes. How convenient.

And of course, your claims about "herd immunity" fall flat when we do see second waves. Tell us all, how did this happen?

You can live in abject fear. At least allow others to live free.

Nope. I've provided plenty of citations. Do you live in Sweden, Brazil, the US northeast? If not, you should follow your own advice.

If I live and drive in California. I can speak of it first hand. The mayor of Los Angeles mandated masks and social distancing with Gesptapo measures if they didn't. The stores and businesses here have demanded masks.We are still shut down.

he doesn't care. he's attempting to use anything he can to re-elect a sleazy crook and con man.

that's his only goal.

I disagree somewhat...right up there is also his need to be found 'right on the Internetz' after all his declarations and failures (total numbers, Sweden, masks, etc)

He'll never recover any of that. But his real message is loud and clear: "America should have just sucked it up...real men (genetically strong men and women and kids) would just shake off CV19, minor stuff...and the genetically inferior and old and sick will just be collateral damage...oh well, that's 'natural' and weeds out the weak from the strong."

And I'm pretty sure he wont even shy away from this observation. But Lord, it is disturbing....and ignorant because one thing he's not going to admit is that the strong have also fallen victim and will continue to do so.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Oh look another thread where doxie pretends he has a clue.
I like that!

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

I disagree somewhat...right up there is also his need to be found 'right on the Internetz' after all his declarations and failures (total numbers, Sweden, masks, etc)

He'll never recover any of that. But his real message is loud and clear: "America should have just sucked it up...real men (genetically strong men and women and kids) would just shake off CV19, minor stuff...and the genetically inferior and old and sick will just be collateral damage...oh well, that's 'natural' and weeds out the weak from the strong."

And I'm pretty sure he wont even shy away from this observation. But Lord, it is disturbing....and ignorant because one thing he's not going to admit is that the strong have also fallen victim and will continue to do so.

let me ask. has he been right about anything related to COVID?

let me ask. has he been right about anything related to COVID?

Cant think of anything at the moment.

His resorting to the Nazification of anything MSM or lib/Dem is pretty good evidence of how desperately triggered he's become tho. :roll:

If I live and drive in California. I can speak of it first hand. The mayor of Los Angeles mandated masks and social distancing with Gesptapo measures if they didn't. The stores and businesses here have demanded masks.We are still shut down.

As can I in my region (NY/NJ metro area). The question I raised is about that one variable that's harder to track: compliance to prevention measures. How much of what's stated here do you think is accurate?

As can I in my region (NY/NJ metro area). The question I raised is about that one variable that's harder to track: compliance to prevention measures. How much of what's stated here do you think is accurate?

I think humans in NYC are like the humans in LA.

At some point, even the die hard haters here are going to start listening to me. Many were saying "We need 60-70% for herd immunity. So and so doctor said so and what do YOU know.Your group also said "Masks work".

All of my efforts to point out that Sweden wore no masks and didn't shut down and now has a near zero death rate fell on deaf ears with diversionary comments such as "What about all the deaths they already had, huh?" I pointed out New Yrk and the other three states next to them that had the highest death rates of anyone and now just a trickle and suggested that was because they achieved immunity. Some of you said "Oh NO! Testing shows only 20-30 are positive" and I pointed out, to deaf ears that people who are not sick or over their "flu" don't need to get tested. Why would they?

Still you all doubted the great Paradoxical and scoffed and ridiculed Like Trump, I let it fall off me like water off a duck.

Drop in Brazilian coronavirus cases prompts herd immunity questions | Fox News

as usual, your post is 4 clown shoes stupid

just lies, claims and BS

Biologically, sure. Behaviorally is a different story.

Are you suggesting that the reason New York and the other three neighboring states are having extremely low death rates now because they wear masks better??

At some point, even the die hard haters here are going to start listening to me. Many were saying "We need 60-70% for herd immunity. So and so doctor said so and what do YOU know.Your group also said "Masks work".

All of my efforts to point out that Sweden wore no masks and didn't shut down and now has a near zero death rate fell on deaf ears with diversionary comments such as "What about all the deaths they already had, huh?" I pointed out New Yrk and the other three states next to them that had the highest death rates of anyone and now just a trickle and suggested that was because they achieved immunity. Some of you said "Oh NO! Testing shows only 20-30 are positive" and I pointed out, to deaf ears that people who are not sick or over their "flu" don't need to get tested. Why would they?

Still you all doubted the great Paradoxical and scoffed and ridiculed Like Trump, I let it fall off me like water off a duck.

Drop in Brazilian coronavirus cases prompts herd immunity questions | Fox News

You did call it. Spot on.

Back
Top Bottom