• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:120]Mueller's office disputes BuzzFeed report that Trump directed Cohen to lie to Congress

trixare4kids

Trix has reentered the building.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Breaking story....

Mueller debunks Buzzfeed Story; President Trump Directed His Attorney Michael Cohen To Lie To Congress About The Moscow Tower Project

LINK to follow shortly: I promise. :) ETA: Link: https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/18/politics/mueller-statement-buzzfeed/index.html

I do have a breaking news twitter feed from Shannon Bream of Fox News
https://twitter.com/ShannonBream/status/1086422742407233536

Shannon Bream

Verified account

@ShannonBream
Follow Follow @ShannonBream
More
BREAKING: Spokesman for Special Counsel's Office - "BuzzFeed's description of specific statements to the Special Counsel's Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen's Congressional testimony are not accurate."

Some of you might remember this headline yesterday by Buzzfeed:

Buzzfeed Claims Mueller Has Proof Trump Suborned Perjury

Last edited:
Re: Mueller Debunks Buzzfeed Story

Um...:lamo

breaking story....

mueller debunks buzzfeed story; president trump directed his attorney michael cohen to lie to congress about the moscow tower project

link to follow shortly: I promise. :)

i do have a breaking news twitter feed from shannon bream of fox news
https://twitter.com/shannonbream/status/1086422742407233536

some of you might remember this headline yesterday by buzzfeed:

buzzfeed claims mueller has proof trump suborned perjury

hahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:lamo :lamo :lamo

IMG_20190118_184414.jpg

I like how Mueller will correct the media when they misreport something significant about the investigation. It lends a bit more believability to the reports that AREN’T corrected.

A lot of Leftists on the board are going to have to eat **** over this one. :lamo

So much for the wonderful Jason Leopold.

I have heard of Buzzfeed. It's a website, right?

Is it like a tabloid whacktard site?

I guess I could Google. I've had a long day.

While people should exercise caution with the Buzzfeed article (I stated as much early today), those who call "fake news" should also back up on this idea that Mueller is debunking the whole story. The special counsel's spokesperson did not say the story was false, he said parts of it were inaccurate.

Settle down everyone.

I have heard of Buzzfeed. It's a website, right?

Is it like a tabloid whacktard site?

I guess I could Google. I've had a long day.

Yes it is both. it is a tabloid whacktard site.

Overall, we rate Buzzfeed Left-Center Biased due to story selection that tends to favor the left and Mixed for factual reporting based on poor sourcing and a few failed fact checks

they are basically a lib trash site similar to daily kos or mediamatters.

"BuzzFeed's description of specific statements to the Special Counsel's Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen's Congressional testimony are not accurate," said special counsel spokesman Peter Carr in a statement.

They're not denying it completely, just saying it's not accurate. So now we have to wonder what the truth is precisely. Major blunder for Buzzfeed. :shock:

I like how Mueller will correct the media when they misreport something significant about the investigation. It lends a bit more believability to the reports that AREN’T corrected.

Only if those reports stated Mueller's "team" as the source - few alleged leaks of that nature have surfaced.

While people should exercise caution with the Buzzfeed article (I stated as much early today), those who call "fake news" should also back up on this idea that Mueller is debunking the whole story. The special counsel's spokesperson did not say the story was false, he said parts of it were inaccurate.

Settle down everyone.

With that..... what is really scary is HOW quickly the OSC. First of, what I recall within 24hours to refute accusations. I wonder what was the importance and MORE so the RUSH to correct buzzfeed? Odd dont you think?

A lot of Leftists on the board are going to have to eat **** over this one. :lamo

It's on them for being so friken gullible. Cohen would have gotten off scot-free if he had that kind of dirt on Trump.

They didn't even consider the fact that there was NO MENTION of it in Mueller's vs Cohen sentencing memo.

Two years of TDS has corrupted their brains.

So these misfits are conceding... How interesting.
How about they divulge the names of sources now....

I think we need to have a special investigation if Buzzfeed refuses to cooperate.

Settle down everyone.

No the people that need to settle down are the people that spew this crap on the forum day in and day out and as usual once again for the 1 millionth time
it is a no go fake news pile of crap. TDS at it's most extreme. these people need professional help or more puppies and playdoh.

So these misfits are conceding... How interesting.
How about they divulge the names of sources now....

I think we need to have a special investigation if Buzzfeed refuses to cooperate.

I agree because whoever leaked the information is giving out classified seal investigation information
which pretty much ruins the investigation in total.

They're not denying it completely, just saying it's not accurate. So now we have to wonder what the truth is precisely. Major blunder for Buzzfeed. :shock:

You're actually trying salvage this turd? :lamo

With that..... what is really scary is HOW quickly the OSC. First of, what I recall within 24hours to refute accusations. I wonder what was the importance and MORE so the RUSH to correct buzzfeed? Odd dont you think?

Because it had nothing to do with the morons in the control of the house going off on perjury investigations and impeachment hearings.

Only if those reports stated Mueller's "team" as the source - few alleged leaks of that nature have surfaced.

Thanks for clarify my following post this makes MORE sense.

ONLY Topics that pertain the source of the OSC is what gets refuted..... interesting thoughts As lets face it very if NO leaks are coming From OSC...... But Hellva lot of other leaks from who knows where?

Do you really think Cohen would have been sentenced to 3 years if he actually had that kind of dirt on Trump ?

Hell, there's NO MENTION of it in Mueller's vs Cohen sentencing memo. You guys have got to be more objective, and realize that the MSM is playing you for chumps
They want ratings and then dont give a **** who they lie to

You're actually trying salvage this turd? :lamo

when you swim in the sewer long enough you are bound to hit one.

One of the best takes on this imo: https://twitter.com/MalcolmNance/status/1086425937116319745

Malcolm Nance@MalcolmNance

Shorter Special Counsel statement: ‘Your report may not be precise ... but, more importantly WE don’t leak.’ #CarryOn

4:51 PM - 18 Jan 2019

Welp there goes Buzzfeed’s credibility. But anyone find it odd that mueller put out a statement? Have they ever done this after other reporting? I can’t recall. I don’t think they have, though. Very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why care what Trump's haters do? They're all losers anyway...
This news is good for our country.

Celebrate!

Back
Top Bottom