• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:120]Mueller's office disputes BuzzFeed report that Trump directed Cohen to lie to Congress

Re: Mueller Debunks Buzzfeed Story

Welp there goes Buzzfeed’s credibility. But anyone find it odd that mueller put out a statement? Have they ever done this after other reporting? I can’t recall. I don’t think they have, though. Very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I remember they did it one time before when it was reported that Cohen was in prague. I think they had no choice but to set the record straight.

But liberals had such high hopes.

Bless their hearts.

I agree because whoever leaked the information is giving out classified seal investigation information
which pretty much ruins the investigation in total.

T/Y
All I can say is there goes CNN's 8 o'clock newscast.

Short straw poll: who has called Mueller's investigation a witch hunt or called Mueller crooked or something similar but now believe Mueller's spokesperson?

I think I remember they did it one time before when it was reported that Cohen was in prague. I think they had no choice but to set the record straight.

Yes! I do remember that.

Yes it is both. it is a tabloid whacktard site.

Overall, we rate Buzzfeed Left-Center Biased due to story selection that tends to favor the left and Mixed for factual reporting based on poor sourcing and a few failed fact checks

they are basically a lib trash site similar to daily kos or mediamatters.

Thanks. I seemed to remember it being mentioned before. Sounds to me like one of those Breitbart/Daily Caller/InfoWars kind of places. How did their BS get picked up on Mainstream media? They should know better. They hear something they want to hear and just run with it these days.

I miss Walter.

A good time to put up the media credibility chart again. (Remember, STAY AWAY from from the bottom corners of the chart unless you, too, want to be a 'tard.)

View attachment 67248288

Short straw poll: who has called Mueller's investigation a witch hunt or called Mueller crooked or something similar but now believe Mueller's spokesperson?

How do you think the two separate things relate?

T/Y
All I can say is there goes CNN's 8 o'clock newscast.

I bet the producers are going **** what the hell are we going to do now.
we were going to talk about how they were going to skewer him in congress
now we can't do it.

hey does someone have an anti-gunner on we can throw up on the screen instead?

Welp there goes Buzzfeed’s credibility. But anyone find it odd that mueller put out a statement? Have they ever done this after other reporting? I can’t recall. I don’t think they have, though. Very interesting.

He couldn't allow Congress to shoot themselves in the foot. They were going to start an investigation, based on the Buzzfeed report. :lamo

2ri2lo (1).jpg

Only if those reports stated Mueller's "team" as the source - few alleged leaks of that nature have surfaced.

I missed that. You are absolutely correct.

If they're not credible investigators, and are dishonest leakers, then why should this statement from them be believed?

Short straw poll: who have praised Mueller as a great American hero that think he's lying? :lamo

Lol. So true. And it’s kinda funny all the trumpettes are acting like mueller exonerated trump or something. Comical. We are still in the same place we were yesterday, which is that we don’t know what Mueller’s report will produce.

Thanks. I seemed to remember it being mentioned before. Sounds to me like one of those Breitbart/Daily Caller/InfoWars kind of places. How did their BS get picked up on Mainstream media? They should know better. They hear something they want to hear and just run with it these days.

I miss Walter.

A good time to put up the media credibility chart again. (Remember, STAY AWAY from from the bottom corners of the chart unless you, too, want to be a 'tard.)

View attachment 67248288

I forget who broke it but it was probably a TDS infested reporter that had to get his 5 minutes of OMG we got him moment for today.
i would have called that idiot into the office and fired him.

If you can't figure it out, not sure explaining it will help you.

Short straw poll: who have praised Mueller as a great American hero that think he's lying? :lamo

Not me. I think the statement is too vague to work with.

(But I've never praised Mueller)

I like how Mueller will correct the media when they misreport something significant about the investigation. It lends a bit more believability to the reports that AREN’T corrected.

That was an excellent read!

In this particular case, I think the Mueller team was worried about people getting out over their skis and planning next steps, based on something being true that really isn't in the bullseye. People have been running a little too fast with this story, which is indicative of the hunger for the truth.

Those that think this is a wholesale repudiation are also out over their skis. Its not! Mueller's office only cautioned us as to the accuracy of the Buzzfeed report; they did not refute it.

This is a very complicated investigation involving a lot of pieces, numerous allegations and multiple jurisdictions. Though we are all anxious to have this resolved, it needs to be resolved correctly and completely.

Last edited:

Lol. So true. And it’s kinda funny all the trumpettes are acting like mueller exonerated trump or something. Comical. We are still in the same place we were yesterday, which is that we don’t know what Mueller’s report will produce.

Today's been a wild ride, lol.

I miss Walter.

View attachment 67248288

Your idiotic chart has CNN and the New York Times exactly center.

Do you really want to peddle that nonsense?

Hey Poliscixtina!! Happy New Year

another posted made comment that when the Reports state that the source is in relation to the Special Council or its completed portion of investigation then they provide a correction. Many of the OUTSIDE Reports from other entities do not indicate relations to the special council.

Makes sense to me, that someone is saying its coming from them and they clarify its NOT. So its from an unnamed unreliable source....

Breaking story....

Mueller debunks Buzzfeed Story; President Trump Directed His Attorney Michael Cohen To Lie To Congress About The Moscow Tower Project

LINK to follow shortly: I promise. :) ETA: Link: https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/18/politics/mueller-statement-buzzfeed/index.html

I do have a breaking news twitter feed from Shannon Bream of Fox News
https://twitter.com/ShannonBream/status/1086422742407233536

Shannon Bream

Verified account

@ShannonBream
Follow Follow @ShannonBream
More
BREAKING: Spokesman for Special Counsel's Office - "BuzzFeed's description of specific statements to the Special Counsel's Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen's Congressional testimony are not accurate."

Some of you might remember this headline yesterday by Buzzfeed:

Buzzfeed Claims Mueller Has Proof Trump Suborned Perjury

The issue is Mueller didnt say what was wrong..just that parts they disagree with. .so.....

The moronic idiot democrats in the house were getting ready to start another investigation over this buzzfeed report.
so yea he had to do something to put the kabosh on it.

Today's been a wild ride, lol.

We better get the damn truth eventually. We’re all getting very antsy and frustrated!!! Ha.

There's a lot of Democrats, TDS sufferers and news media people that are just crushed over this revelation. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom