• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:120]Is it systemic sexism when men serve more time than women for the same crimes?

If you cannot identify that there are actual injustices being committed on men...and harsher sentencing is only an observation...you have not identified a cause, only an assumption...their sex....then how can we comment on fixing it? You are assuming it's 'broken' because you are viewing it from a gender standpoint. How do you know it's not warranted? What is the predisposition to violence? To recidivism? To motive and influence?

After those 3 links and countless more online if you're still dedicated to mitigating this truth and avoiding reality you are wasting my time. Take care.

If you cannot identify that there are actual injustices being committed on men...and harsher sentencing is only an observation...you have not identified a cause, only an assumption...their sex....then how can we comment on fixing it? You are assuming it's 'broken' because you are viewing it from a gender standpoint. How do you know it's not warranted? What is the predisposition to violence? To recidivism? To motive and influence?
After those 3 links and countless more online if you're still dedicated to mitigating this truth and avoiding reality you are wasting my time. Take care.
Well if you cant support your position in your own words...that's not my problem.

I asked you to clarify a few areas that were not covered in your links, they were not taken into consideration in the 'conclusions' in the articles. So that means the articles dont cover all aspects of the sentencing issue.

Until you have a more complete picture, it's hard to claim there's any injustice, much less find a solution.

Well if you cant support your position in your own words...that's not my problem.

I asked you to clarify a few areas that were not covered in your links, they were not taken into consideration in the 'conclusions' in the articles. So that means the articles dont cover all aspects of the sentencing issue.

Until you have a more complete picture, it's hard to claim there's any injustice, much less find a solution.

You just have no empathy and will mitigate reality to suit your own purposes. My effort would be a waste. If you wanted to learn you would have; you don't.

If you propose a problem, its generally good to have a solution, even if one that can be worked on.
so nothing can be a problem unless you already have a solution explain?
Right now, it appears more like you are simply looking for validation. I have the same issue with claims of systemic racism. Racism does exist and there are even laws/policies that exist now or existed in the past still resonating now that cause disparities in how different races are treated.
first how do past laws resonate what is their frequency?

What it appears like he's doing to me is pointing out that women are privileged and men are disadvantaged in our society. Men have to be drafted if such a thing happens, women get the privilege of choice. Men must be fathers or serve time in jail if a woman decides to have a baby. Men commits suicide on a greater scale than women do. Men are more often than the victim of crime.
On an individual level, you have to know the circumstances though. We can't take care of the sexism you describe as happening without seeing each individual case and point to things like reasoning that is unfair and can cause such disparity. Statistics do not provide those things.
I didn't see him ask you to take care of it I didn't see him imply that it even needed to be taken care of he's just pointing it out.

First we have to accept that there's a problem before there can be any attempt to solve it. You're dudding with that even exists because statistics.

Does it? Which group commits more crime, which group tends to be repeat offenders, which group tend commit the majority of violent crimes? Clue it isn't women. I am sure there are a handful of cases where a woman obviously got preferential treatment but I doubt it is the norm.
So men deserve to be treated unfairly because of the actions of men as a group? This is some dangerous territory because black men on average commit more crime than Asian men so black men using your logic deserve a harsher punishment because of that.

You just have no empathy and will mitigate reality to suit your own purposes. My effort would be a waste. If you wanted to learn you would have; you don't.
I gave specific reasons, I wrote specific things that were not taken into account (according to your links) and you are not addressing or even acknowledging them.'

I am discussing, you are getting personal and retreating. You are just making excuses.

It is common for crimes committed by a man and woman team, for prosecutors to make a plea deal with the woman if she will testify against the man.

Notice the common trait of how many people LOVE discrimination and injustice when it works in their favor.

Yes. It is a symptom of systemic sexism.

In fact, it is not separate from other manifestations of gender inequality, but is rather a facet of the exact same injustice. Gender inequality is harmful to everyone. Men, women, non-binary, everyone.

It is not really news to anyone that gender inequality is harmful to men as well as women. Emma Watson said as much in her address to the United Nations. The negative effects on men and society as a whole have been rigorously studied and documented.

The fundamental injustice from which gender inequality springs is the unnecessary and harmful assignment and reinforcement of gender roles and expectations. When the assignment and reinforcement of gender roles and expectations is done away with, prison sentence lengths will have gender parity, along with the wage gap closing and a host of other ills.

I saw what was posted and know it to be a big nothing burger. But hey, go ahead whine about it if you think it will somehow change things.
I pointed out a few things not even mentioned in his articles so he hasn't even prove there's really an issue. The 'privilege' isnt proven at all and he hasn't even addressed the factors I wrote.

Notice the common trait of how many people LOVE discrimination and injustice when it works in their favor.

Yep

Radfems don't want that to change.

The 'privilege' isnt proven at all and he hasn't even addressed the factors I wrote.

They have been doing studies on this for decades. I'm not going to do anything but laugh at you for your gross double standards and lack of empathy towards men.

I tend to think so.
Except the majority of judges who oversee these cases are themselves, men. So if it were sexism it would men's own sexism leading them to believe men are worse.

They have been doing studies on this for decades. I'm not going to do anything but laugh at you for your gross double standards and lack of empathy towards men.
Then why didnt your studies mention the things I pointed out? Obviously they missed things or ignored them or didnt think of them.

Since they didnt account for the things I mentioned...and you cant explain it either...then I showed holes in your studies and that means they could very well be wrong.

If the facts are wrong, how does that mean I think poorly of men? That's just snowflakism on your part.

Except the majority of judges who oversee these cases are themselves, men. So if it were sexism it would men's own sexism leading them to believe men are worse.

One would have to be unfortunately simple to think I am trying to make this men vs women, to think I'm trying to make systemic sexism against men the fault of women. Polarized mindless nonsense like that is the business of radfems. Obviously men can and do perpetuate sexist standards against other men.

Last edited:
Then why didnt your studies mention the things I pointed out? Obviously they missed things or ignored them or didnt think of them.

Since they didnt account for the things I mentioned...and you cant explain it either...then I showed holes in your studies and that means they could very well be wrong.

If the facts are wrong, how does that mean I think poorly of men? That's just snowflakism on your part.

The truth is I didn't put 10 seconds of thought or effort into your mitigation of known facts. This reminds me of those lunatics arguing against science over in the climate change section. Taking your perspective seriously is a waste of my time because if it was worth taking seriously you'd have easily realized on your own that these studies are numerous, thorough and legitimate. You're turning it into a challenge because you're invested in not believing it. No thanks.

Last edited:
Women have always been treated more gently by the legal system.

Long as we have judges and juries, I don't see it changing. And among all the things in the world that need changing, this is towards the bottom of my list.

I tend to think so.

Generally yes, with women having the reputation for being made of sugar and spice

Women have always been treated more gently by the legal system.

Long as we have judges and juries, I don't see it changing. And among all the things in the world that need changing, this is towards the bottom of my list.

That's because almost nobody cares about victimized men, not even other men.

Generally yes, with women having the reputation for being made of sugar and spice

Feminists that are the real deal and want to be taken seriously need to also recognize and be honest about the issues men face.

The truth is I didn't put 10 seconds of thought or effort into your mitigation of known facts. This reminds me of those lunatics arguing against science over in the climate change section. Taking your perspective seriously is a waste of my time because if it was worth taking seriously you'd have easily realized on your own that these studies are numerous, thorough and legitimate. You're turning it into a challenge because you're invested in not believing it. No thanks.
So you ignored the truth in order to maintain your preconceived beliefs. One example I gave was if they took previous convictions into consideration in those studies. If you consider that 'lunacy,' you should look in a mirror.

You'd rather be wrong than admit something and learn.

Cool. Why not just preach on a street corner if you're not actually interested in debate?

You asked a question in your OP title...and didnt like it when someone shot holes in it.

So you ignored the truth in order to maintain your preconceived beliefs. One example I gave was if they took previous convictions into consideration in those studies. If you consider that 'lunacy,' you should look in a mirror.

You'd rather be wrong than admit something and learn.

Cool. Why not just preach on a street corner if you're not actually interested in debate?

You asked a question in your OP title...and didnt like it when someone shot holes in it.

You are not a scientist; when it comes to the science here your views have no weight at all. The idea that you've uncovered some variable that upends decades of study is a joke. I won't debate science with climate change deniers and I won't do it with radfems that have such an emotional investment in women always being the only victims that they can't even deal with the reality that men get victimized too. I'm not going to debate scientific understanding with an extremist that will pervert their own perspective to see what they want to see. If everybody on the planet was telling you this I think you would still be in denial.

Back
Top Bottom