• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:12]Who's take do you like to read? ie Which posters usually have thoughtful responses, worth the read?

There are many basement threads calling out Posters for their hackery.

I thought I would start one to acknowledge those who add to the debate and, in their own way, elevate this forum.

Three that jump to my mind are Chomsky, Cardinal and Redress
You should read my stuff. I'm incredible.

I don't like to call out specific people, though I agree with the ones mentioned. But I've found any poster at a given time can say something meaningfully profound.

I like evilroddy, chomsky and believe it or not joko when he isn't ranting and cardinal off the top of my head.

Swing_voter and bongsaway are my favorite posters.

They have the name, and swing_voter has the avatar that really draws me in.

Last edited:
I was speaking in gest....but it wasn't THAT funny...I hope.
I thought your jest was funny. That's all.:)
Is this better?

Informative thread. Thanks for pointing out some names; it makes it easier to choose whether or not to respond to alerts or not, useful for newbies who have no interest in playing with the trolls.

First that springs to mind is cpwill, who is an excellent debater, and just a great guy.

Turtledude at times has an interesting take on issues, and a great sense of humor.

jmotivator, POS and Lutherf are all great to read in the Apps and Gaming section.

Roadvirus and JamesRage are both good reads.

apdst and Jack Hayes both are knowledgeable and interesting when talking about history, even if they are usually wrong in their conclusions ;)

I notice that my list is made up of conservatives, not because they are better posters, but I tend to read those I disagree with more than those I agree with.

All time favorites: Zyphlin, Tucker Case, Jallman

ROTFLMAO

Anyone who "visits with Visbek" better have their facts in order.
If not, he's like a "friendly Dalek" who will disembowel you and make you feel honored at the same time.
I truly enjoy any thread that draws his participation.

I agree about some of the names listed (and I'm too new to have run into some of the others quite yet) but I'll add Jay59 to a list of posters whose comments interest me.

There are a LOT of posters on this site that can make me go "woah...hadnt thought about that in that way"

those are my favorites, as they bring something new to my attention that i needed to learn, or at least consider

But we have a great many trolls on the site also.....my list of those who i dont read has grown substantially over the years on this site

I have a few favorites....both on the blue and the red sides of the arguments....

But i guess that is what keeps me coming back here....intelligent people, and sometimes decent discourse....

@Felis Leo.
We don't agree on much but he's a rational actor 100%.
He's not given over to personal attacks or hyperbole and he comes across as a decent guy with his head and heart in the right place.
Same goes for @cpwill.
@ttwtt78640, again the same...honest and rational, I find I am able to make adjustments to my outlook by using his political weathervane and if anything, my view becomes a bit more broadbased and bipartisan. He'd make a pretty good old school politico, the kind that puts up their best fight against the loyal opposition and then settles down to hammering out something for the good of the country that works for both sides.
There's more but I beginning to fade and I'm heading for beddie bye but I am sure I'll think of a few more cons who are good people.

Those of you on the left, you know who you are, hat tip to all of you. ;)

Alas Felis Leo is a rational poster among a few others over there such as chuckiechan for his ability to delineate friend from foe based on the specific issue rather than be absolute or a dogmatic dichotomist.

All the same however I couldn't name ten posters offhand as I need an all flags flying reason to remember a poster no matter who it may be, ie, I reply to what's written not who wrote it. If I look at a username I have to look quickly cause it's like it's blowing past and gone with the wind in the same moment. There are of course 3 to 4 names I remember for reasons consistent with the thread topic; there are also 3 or 4 names I remember but for reasons not associated with this thread title and purpose.

What's awesome though is to find here and in the present time that you and another poster were kids in the same place and time decades ago, doing the same shennanigans without knowing one another back then. I found out this year and quite incidentally chatting with RetiredUSN that he and I often were within rows of one another as complete stranger kids in the bleachers of Fenway Park home of the Boston Red Sox. Game after game and season after season besides.

I could see Fenway Park clearly stepping out the front door of my building so I and my neighborhood kids constantly scrounged a nickel here and some pennies there to amass a quarter daily for a homestand bleacher seat.

RetiredUSN and his neighborhood crew from the other side of town took the different approach of coming in over the supposedly impregnable distant nook of the center field wall. We'd see 'em crash land onto the concrete bleachers floor and sometimes failing ouch to land safely against still empty seats that were anyway closer to New Hampshire than to homeplate.

I and my friends relaxed and sunning in our seats got used to seeing those guys -- RetiredUSN & his boyz -- dropping in so hard and suicidally sometimes hobbling fast to mingle into the crowds at the hotdog stands -- where they weren't going to buy any dogs cause they had no money ha. We felt like we knew 'em given this was season in and season out, ie, year after year as we all grew bigger.

And now here he and I are still never met yet joined once again at DP sometimes in agreement, sometimes not but sharing these fond common bonds.

Interesting. Many of the conservative posters mentioned as people with intelligent posts that "elevate this forum" don't live up to the compliments showered on them when dealing with topics about women. Their posts become shrill, contain some pretty inappropriate language, logic falls victim to propaganda and names are called. This isn't just my observation both DMs and Mods have called The Abortion sub-forum a cess pool.

That's funny. I spelled due wrong.
A few days ago I noticed that I had written "through" when I meant "threw". That was a weird mistake. But I caught it within the editing time limit.
I empathize with you. :)

I like to read and respond to those who back up their posts, think about the issues before they post, don't take foolish arguments lightly, and are willing to be persuaded. Felis Leo, Perotista, Evilroddy, ttwtt, Emily L, cpwill, Checkerboardstrangler, Mary P, Mr. Person, bongsaway, rjay and many others have demonstrated that to me personally. Some of those may be surprised to be on my list, (since I can be rather acidic when I disagree with particular arguments or how they are presented). I prefer a somewhat open mind and some of those have actually persuaded me to change my approach. (I noticed some people have added other posters I neglected. I appreciate those contributions, but I don't want to keep editing.)

@Jetboogieman is probably my favorite read, along with a few other gents that are similar.

But I find much more wisdom in the posts by our women members. I was wondering why until I remembered:

@Jetboogieman is probably my favorite read, along with a few other gents that are similar.

But I find much more wisdom in the posts by our women members. I was wondering why until I remembered:

Agree on both counts. JBM is a top tier poster, and dollar for dollar, in the sense males seem to far outnumber females here at DP, I also find the women to be the more quality posters than males, in general.

@NWRatCon, @Cordelier, @Glitch, and a couple of others.

They are knowledgeable and will answer questions.

I don't agree with a few of them when it comes to basic ideology, but that doesn't matter.

I appreciate those who share perspective that is more than opinion.

Back
Top Bottom