• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:119]Could a liberal on the forum explain this to me

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Why do liberals want a huge costly over bearing government that tries to control every aspect of our lives? For every rule or regulation the government comes up with people lose more freedom. What is it with the liberal psyche that makes them want to totally control the lives of other people? Why do liberals think they need to tell me what I should do or not do in minute detail????????????

Re: Could a liberal on the forum explain this to me

Why do liberals want a huge costly over bearing government that tries to control every aspect of our lives? For every rule or regulation the government comes up with people lose more freedom. What is it with the liberal psyche that makes them want to totally control the lives of other people? Why do liberals think they need to tell me what I should do or not do in minute detail????????????

Explain that you come in here with erroneous fallacy, make a false premise and then expect others to answer why you have paranoid fantasies? Why?:roll::lamo:2rofll:

They don't.

Now ask a hard one.

Provide a list of liberals that want this.

Trollbait poster gonna bait.....

They don't.

Now ask a hard one.

A liberal on this forum said seriously the government should start controlling the prices of drugs.

They don't want that.

Why do you promote a Marxist USA?

/Thread

I doubt any liberal could explain your thoughts, here. I know I can't!

Your claim about what "liberals" believe is false. It's a Straw Man.

It's like me asking, "Why do conservatives want a country without any government or regulations?"

straw-man-meme.jpg

A liberal on this forum said seriously the government should start controlling the prices of drugs.

That has next to nothing to do with the OP.

That has next to nothing to do with the OP.

IF the government controls the price of drugs, lots of companies would go out of business.

I'm certainly not a liberal, but my opinion, and take it as you wish, is that they are just overly-emotional children seeking a new mommy or daddy figure to take care of them because reality is just too challenging for them to handle. They don't want to be responsible for themselves, they want to be coddled. They won't agree, of course, but that seems to be the reality of it.

.......there are no liberals here; just like there are no guilty people in prison.........

So if we don’t have government oversight who will control drug prices, healthcare, education just to name a few. What is your plan for oversight?

You have made this general political discussion far too general. To help matters along, perhaps you can make a more specific topic of discussion along the lines of that general statement (bolded above). Could you please name a specific rule or regulation that you find to be especially overbearing and how it reduces your freedom? After that, then some liberal (or maybe even myself) may be better able to explain why they support that specific rule or regulation despite its reduction of your freedom.

You answer me this: what is the conservative psyche that believes all the nonsense about liberals preached constantly on Faux News, Lush Rimbaw and other ultra right news 24/7/365. Because I gotta tell you, your question isn't based on any reality I'm aware of.

Yes it is liberals who want to control women's bodies and who you can marry. The right wing wants to take away our freedoms and give corporations free reign to screw us and the environment.

Logical1 finally admits he is a pro-choice supporter! Logical1 supports same sex marriages, transgenders in the military, legalized reefer, strict separation of church and state, the right to kneel during the national anthem at public events, freedom of the press and nude selfies among consenting adults.

Rock it, bro.

IF the government controls the price of drugs, lots of companies would go out of business.

Too bad. That's one area that should be highly regulated. It's disgusting how these companies have huge profits off of drugs that some people need to stay alive.

That is a different subject from the OP.

Back
Top Bottom