• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#112]FOX Cable Network and Hosts

Credence

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I figured I'd start this thread and info can be added to instead of starting multiple new threads.

Poll: Voters trust ABC, CNN most, Fox News lea1648568840598.pngst among mainstream news outlets​

Chris Wallace’s new comments came in an interview with the New York Times. Wallace declared that he “no longer felt comfortable with the programming at Fox.” In that regard, the key revelation concerns Wallace’s conclusion about the meaning of Carlson’s dominance:

He confirmed reports that he was so alarmed by Mr. Carlson’s documentary “Patriot Purge” — which falsely suggested the Jan. 6 Capitol riot was a “false flag” operation intended to demonize conservatives — that he complained directly to Fox News management.

“Before, I found it was an environment in which I could do my job and feel good about my involvement at Fox,” Mr. Wallace said of his time at the network. “And since November of 2020, that just became unsustainable, increasingly unsustainable as time went on.”
In the weeks after the 2020 election, Hemmer noted, right-wing protests that attacked the “liberal media” for its coverage of the election’s aftermath also attacked Fox. As Hemmer put it, a key driver of Fox’s support for Carlson’s Jan. 6 propaganda is the network’s need to “shore up and continue to do maintenance on its reputation with MAGA people.”

What that says about Fox as a journalistic organization is bad enough. What it says about Fox’s low opinion of its audience’s incapacity for exposure to the truth might be even worse.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/03/28/chris-wallace-tucker-carlson-shames-fox-news/

Fox News Host Lara Logan Suggests Theory of Evolution Is a Hoax Funded by Jews

It wasn’t long ago that Lara Logan was a correspondent for CBS News, which is a little hard to believe considering the types of conspiracy theories she’s been pushing since she left the network. The latest came during an appearance on the right-wing podcast “And We Know,” during which Logan suggested that the theory of evolution is the result of a wealthy Jewish family paying Charles Darwin to devise an explanation for what gave rise to humanity.

“Does anyone know who employed Darwin, where Darwinism comes from?” Logan, now with Fox News’ streaming service Fox Nation, asked. “Look it up: The Rothschilds. It goes back to 10 Downing Street. The same people who employed Darwin, and his theory of evolution and so on and so on. I’m not saying that none of that is true. I’m just saying Darwin was hired by someone to come up with a theory — based on evidence, OK, fine.”

Logan rambled for a bit longer, but her point was that evolution is a “chicken or the egg” debate and “you can’t answer it scientifically” and, while we’re here, Jews are trying to control the world with their money. Media Matters caught the claim on Monday.

The Rothschilds, who Logan says is responsible for the theory of evolution, are a Jewish family that often shows up in anti-Semitic conspiracy theories. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) famously wrote on Facebook that the Rothschilds funded a space laser that started the California wildfires.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...an-theory-of-evolution-anti-semitism-1328721/

Published on 2/15/22​

The Loudest Voices: How Can Real Journalism Possibly Compete With Fox News Lies and Double Standards?​

What if you had to have a civil political debate with someone who had zero obligation to the truth? It would be frustrating, right? If your debate opponent isn’t held to account for either past statements or acceptable facts, then there is really no debate. There is no way to win, and certainly no way to find common ground.

That is the situation we are currently in with Fox News.

Over the weekend FoxNews.com published a story from Brooke Singman, the headline of which claimed the Hillary Clinton campaign “infiltrated” Trump Tower servers, which was presented as de facto evidence in support of former President Donald Trump’s claim that he had been spied on.

But The New York Times reporter Charlie Savage writes: “The entire narrative appeared to be mostly wrong or old news — the latest example of the challenge created by a barrage of similar conspiracy theories from Mr. Trump and his allies.”

I have developed a bad habit of checking out Tucker’s opening bit for the last few weeks. (2000EDT) Boy, he is getting more shrill by the week…..

He knows that his watchers are like heroin addicts and that he needs to keep increasing the dose of lies and hatefulness in order to keep them hooked. He’s basically a drug dealer.

I have developed a bad habit of checking out Tucker’s opening bit for the last few weeks. (2000EDT) Boy, he is getting more shrill by the week…..
I think many people watch just to see how many crazy things he can say in that hour and it also drives up his ratings

I was for a while but I had to stop he is beyond annoying and dishonest......but they love that crap , so stupid he is not.
I think many people watch just to see how many crazy things he can say in that hour and it also drives up his ratings
I don't think so but what I do think is that those inclined to his type of "entertainment" are addicts. They have a need he fills.

Personally, I don't do prime time " news/talk shows". The only one on any network I can stomach is Anderson Cooper but rarely watch even him.

I was for a while but I had to stop he is beyond annoying and dishonest......but they love that crap , so stupid he is not.

I don't think so but what I do think is that those inclined to his type of "entertainment" are addicts. They have a need he fills.

Personally, I don't do prime time " news/talk shows". The only one on any network I can stomach is Anderson Cooper but rarely watch even him.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I just happen to know some that DVR his show that can't stand him (or pretend to not like him) thus my comment

Is FOX available in Canada. His staged maniacal laugh gives The Joker a run for his money, imo.

Is FOX available in Canada. His staged maniacal laugh gives The Joker a run for his money, imo

You can get it in cable TV packages but we don't subscribe to a package that includes it. However, we spend our winters in FL so it's readily available......

OK.........is that suppose to tell us something?

Oh, I'm sorry that I need to explain to you why I found your comment about others' addictions hilarious.

Again I know this will set people off...
Fox news has been and is the #1 cable news. They gave been #1 for years.

Now blast away with your silliness about FOX!😄

Oh, I'm sorry that I need to explain to you why I found your comment about others' addictions hilarious.
No that's fine. I was just uncertain which of the three distinct points, or maybe all three, you found comical. Thanks.

Number one in terms of ratings. Not surprising given they are the only major conservative cable news channel and conservatives seem to love this crap. The liberal audience has two to choose from. The real big winners are the network news shows.

Come on
You have to understand why Fox has the most viewers but is least trusted.
If you truly don't, you simply don't want to.
Peace

Number one in terms of ratings. Not surprising given they are the only major conservative cable news channel and conservatives seem to love this crap. The liberal audience has two to choose from. The real big winners are the network news shows.

They're not the only conservative cable news network. OAN and Newsmax are available as well.. Fox is the most popular though because it's obvious that the libs are promoting their ratings. Maybe try watching less or turn it off? ;)

They're not the only conservative cable news network. OAN and Newsmax are available as well.. Fox is the most popular though because it's obvious that the libs are promoting their ratings. Maybe try watching less or turn it off? ;)
OK.

Back
Top Bottom