• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

[W:11]UAE/Bahrain/Israel

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Early this week UAE extends the olive branch to Israel. Today Bahrain follows suit.

I think Qatar will follow in the “next short period of time.”

I nominate Jared Kushner for the Nobel Peace Prize!

:monkey

Mods: I posted this here because I suspect that these actions pertain to the upcoming election.

Early this week UAE extends the olive branch to Israel. Today Bahrain follows suit.

Mods: I posted this here because I suspect that these actions pertain to the upcoming election.

Well I for one won't pour water on this. Any kind of a deal that gets Arab states to recognize israel is probably a good one. At this stage it is probably more of an anti-Iran alliance but these states may one day become brokers themselves in any sort of a Palestinian state solution. So it's a small step, but a step in the right direction.

Well I for one won't pour water on this. Any kind of a deal that gets Arab states to recognize israel is probably a good one. At this stage it is probably more of an anti-Iran alliance but these states may one day become brokers themselves in any sort of a Palestinian state solution. So it's a small step, but a step in the right direction.

Until Israel stops violating the human rights of Palestinians, this is all theater.

Until Israel stops violating the human rights of Palestinians, this is all theater.

Well certainly it's not the be-all-end-all. And if it is a step in the direction of thee countries recognizing Israel's rights over those of Palestinians, it's a step in the wrong direction. However I think since the big one on the block, Saudi Arabia, is still holding out, the smaller players' roles will be to slowly work with Israel toward Palestinian statehood.

It's of course not the 'great victory' the Trump team are selling,but it's better than nothing at all.

Well certainly it's not the be-all-end-all. And if it is a step in the direction of thee countries recognizing Israel's rights over those of Palestinians, it's a step in the wrong direction. However I think since the big one on the block, Saudi Arabia, is still holding out, the smaller players' roles will be to slowly work with Israel toward Palestinian statehood.

It's of course not the 'great victory' the Trump team are selling,but it's better than nothing at all.

Israel wants no part of Palestinian state hood, and neither do the fundies in the United States. Isreal is where Jebus and Big Red do battle for all the oreo cookies. Can’t mess with god’s plan.

You don't like it because I shines a good light on Trump.
You don't care that it is good for the region.
You would have been happier if his Administration had failed in this area.

I believe you just made a back-handed compliment because Trump did something good.
You should just acknowledge it as a smart move to show unity against Iran.
The region is afraid of Iran. Israel has lots of nuclear weapons. The Arab nations are smart to align with Israel against Iran.
The analogy is NATO aligned against Russia because Russian is threatening and has nuclear weapons.

Israel wants no part of Palestinian state hood, and neither do the fundies in the United States. Isreal is where Jebus and Big Red do battle for all the oreo cookies. Can’t mess with god’s plan.

Do you think people understand you when you post?

Netanyahu won't be around forever. A more liberal leadership in Israel could do wonders with new partnerships. We're looking twenty years or more down the track though. It's gonna take a long time to unf***k this.

Trump May 2018: "The prize I want is victory for the world. That's the only prize I want."

Peace is the prize.

Moderator's Warning:
Do not discuss Israel/Palestine issues outside of the IP section of the board. This will be the only warning.

Carter brokered a deal between Egypt and Israel and lost in a landslide.

I believe you just made a back-handed compliment because Trump did something good.
You should just acknowledge it as a smart move to show unity against Iran.
The region is afraid of Iran. Israel has lots of nuclear weapons. The Arab nations are smart to align with Israel against Iran.

It means we need to look at both sides. Firstly yes the Trump administration has scored a success on this one. I also acknowledge the move against Iran serves regional interests in my first post on this thread. Trumpies should be delighted with the compliment. However it's only the start and that should be obvious.

If it's only a move against Iran and does nothing to further other regional issues then it's value is very limited - these countries were already arrayed against Iran under the US umbrella.

I like to hope there's more to it than that, that's all.

Last edited:
Why isn't this thread in the International Politics section? It certainly has nothing to do with the general election coming up in 53 days.

Why isn't this thread in the International Politics section? It certainly has nothing to do with the general election coming up in 53 days.

You didn’t read the entire op........it has everything to do with the election.

Location, location, location; timing, timing, timing....

Back
Top Bottom