• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:103]I Don't Answer Questions

DebateChallenge

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
When being asked questions, any questions by police, a good simple response could be, "I don't answer questions."

Re: I Don't Answer Questions

You just answered a question by saying you don’t answer questions. Lying to police as your opening statement...not good.

When being asked questions, any questions by police, a good simple response could be, "I don't answer questions."

depends on the circumstances. If they ask you your name and for your driver's license and you are driving and you don't answer or respond to that-you're asking for trouble. Now if you just were mugged and you wasted the mugger your answer should be

I was in fear of my life and I am traumatized by the attack upon my person. I need time to collect my thoughts. I will be happy to answer any questions you have after I have consulted with my attorney.

Let's apply this to a situation. You just witnessed your significant other get shot and die. Your saying your response when interviewed by law enforcement is "I don't answer questions". I hope you can live with that response.

Let's apply this to a situation. You just witnessed your significant other get shot and die. Your saying your response when interviewed by law enforcement is "I don't answer questions". I hope you can live with that response.

"book him Dan-O" would likely be the next thing the guy would hear.

You just answered a question by saying you don’t answer questions. Lying to police as your opening statement...not good.

How is it lying if I say I don't answer questions?

I can see why its a good idea to answer questions in a case like that but in most cases where I get pulled over or otherwise harassed by police I might simply say I don't answer questions.

I can see why its a good idea to answer questions in a case like that but in most cases where I get pulled over or otherwise harassed by police I might simply say I don't answer questions.

How often would you say that happens?

you do have the right to not incriminate yourself.

Officer-I found a bag of crystal meth near where you were standing-was that yours

You-I won't answer that question--OK, that is better than saying-"I am unaware of a bag of meth and if I were aware of it, I would not be disposed to explain where it came from

I would rejoin that the best thing to say is this. First, if the officer asks for your identification, you give it to him or her. Then, if the officer asks any further questions, you reply: "Officer, I am asserting my right to remain silent, AND I am asserting my right to have counsel. I will only answer your questions when I have a lawyer present to advise me. I want a lawyer." Then, if the officer keeps pressing you, and threatens to arrest you if you do not cooperate you keep saying "Officer, I want a lawyer present before I answer any further questions." (And truth is, if he already suspected you, he was going to arrest you anyway). You keep doing that until they give up asking questions and eventually provide you with an attorney. And that attorney should, if they are at all competent, advise you to shut up and answer no further questions by the police. And if they do not, you continue to refuse to answer.

I prefer being friendly to any law enforcement officer when they approach me because I don't give a **** about what he/she might be looking for, and I don't have anything to hide from them to begin with.

you dont need to say anything, you have the right to remain silent. just remain silent! just let whatever happens, happen. dont do anything , nothing is wrong. just be a slave. and cower to massa

That is the problem with your OP, way to general.

you dont need to say anything, you have the right to remain silent. just remain silent! just let whatever happens, happen. dont do anything , nothing is wrong. just be a slave. and cower to massa

massa polished his boots last night. you think massa want to scuff his/her boots when kicking you in the ass?

I prefer being friendly to any law enforcement officer when they approach me because I don't give a **** about what he/she might be looking for, and I don't have anything to hide from them to begin with.

If you don't want to exercise your rights that's your choice.

massa polished his boots last night. you think massa want to scuff his/her boots when kicking you in the ass?

massa has a warm meal waiting at home, and doesnt have time for rights and bull****

massa has a warm meal waiting at home, and doesnt have time for rights and bull****

massa tells you what your rights are. when your laying on the ground. you piece of ****.

massa tells you what your rights are. when your laying on the ground. you piece of ****.

massa knows that the constitution was written a very long time ago, and is no longer relevant . massa in charge now.

Saying that you don't answer questions is not a lie to their questions... LOL

If you are not sure if it is lying or not then a better way to go might be to simply say, "**** the police".

the "i don't answer questions" strategy reminds me of those stupid traffic stop videos where armchair constitutional lawyers try to play games with the cops. my guess is that you're more likely than not going to end up in handcuffs if you employ that strategy in the wild.

the "i don't answer questions" strategy reminds me of those stupid traffic stop videos where armchair constitutional lawyers try to play games with the cops. my guess is that you're more likely than not going to end up in handcuffs if you employ that strategy in the wild.

For what?

Back
Top Bottom