• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

[W:1011]TRUMP’S TAXES SHOW CHRONIC LOSSES AND YEARS OF TAX AVOIDANCE

Great, prove to me he paid his fare share.

LOL. Define "fair share". Good grief.

He paid exactly as much as the tax law demanded he pay. If he didn't then the NYT would have run with that story... but they didn't.

From the supplied link.

In response to a letter summarizing The Times’s findings, Alan Garten, a lawyer for the Trump Organization, said that “most, if not all, of the facts appear to be inaccurate” and requested the documents on which they were based. After The Times declined to provide the records, in order to protect its sources, Mr. Garten took direct issue only with the amount of taxes Mr. Trump had paid.

“Over the past decade, President Trump has paid tens of millions of dollars in personal taxes to the federal government, including paying millions in personal taxes since announcing his candidacy in 2015,” Mr. Garten said in a statement.

Well done!

I’m in the financial industry and I know that if someone walked into a bank demanding a $100 million loan with no source of income except a business that posted losses for 15 years and a string of defaults they’d call the police. Of course, what Trump told the IRS per the OP is not what he was telling the banks. So he was either committing a plethora of crimes related to bank fraud or he was lying to the IRS.
He posted losses in all of his businesses for 15 straight years? I didnt see that in the article.

Again, you are just gushing nonsense from your own private delusions. For one thing, when Russian Oligarchs are looking to hide money they don't do it in the US. They hire the VP's kid to help run interference for them while they stash the money in Cyprus. 😂
You are mistaken if you think no Russian money was spend on real estate deals in the United States which was handled by Deutsche Bank and their customer Donald Trump. You watch the wrong TV station and read the wrong newspaper.

LOL. Define "fair share". Good grief.

He paid exactly as much as the tax law demanded he pay. If he didn't then the NYT would have run with that story... but they didn't.
Do you think all American's should not pay their taxes?

Your cognitive dissonance is going overtime.

The president needs ignorance and anger to win.

Same way he ****ed demented Fred out of his intentions to disburse his estate..........

I’m in the financial industry and I know that if someone walked into a bank demanding a $100 million loan with no source of income except a business that posted losses for 15 years and a string of defaults they’d call the police. Of course, what Trump told the IRS per the OP is not what he was telling the banks. So he was either committing a plethora of crimes related to bank fraud or he was lying to the IRS.
Bank and insurance fraud is what they are looking for in NY

Well, well, well. This means that trump is:

A. A tax dodger, just like he was a draft dodger, or
B. Not nearly as rich as he claims he is, or
C. A crook, or
D. All of the above!

Or

E. None of the above

I bet you never thought of that one, did you?

The NY Slimes 😂

Do you think all American's should not pay their taxes?

Your cognitive dissonance is going overtime.

The president needs ignorance and anger to win.
All the ignorance and anger comes from the left. Trump, like every taxpayer, uses the tax code to pay the least in taxes that he can. Just like you do so stop being hypocritical

Republicans are all about personal responsibility...until they aren't...

Let's see the Slime's sources, shall we, before we go blaming this on your imaginary enemies, the Republicans.

You folks keep claiming things that there is no evidence of. The NYT "followed the money" and came away with Trump wrote off business losses.

You folks are also the group who were sure for years that Trump was a Russian spy, so you are prone to believe stupid things when the truth doesn't suit you.
The NYT did not follow the money. They have his tax returns and published the amount he paid in income tax for two recent years, and the fact that he paid none in 10 of the last 15. That was the extent of the report.

Let's see the Slime's sources, shall we, before we go blaming this on your imaginary enemies, the Republicans.
Why would the "source" be important if they have the actual return? Maybe it's Julian Assange?

Trump could easily prove they have bogus returns by releasing his tax returns as he has promised to do on numerous occaisons.

All Trump's golf resort businesses in Britain and Ireland have been money-pits from the start. With commercial judgement like that, the reports of minimal returns on his investments are plausible. His cashflow is sustained by money laundering.
Is money laundering taxable? LOL

Then you have no point. Fair enough.
Point is that trump pays a lower tax rate than the lower/ middle class but as a trumper you would defend if he raped your mother.

All the ignorance and anger comes from the left. Trump, like every taxpayer, uses the tax code to pay the least in taxes that he can. Just like you do so stop being hypocritical
Once the details come out, we will see that he’s a common crook, who overestimates is loses and underestimated his gains, in order to evade taxes.

According to the article, he spent $70,000 on his hair. Sure he did. We’ve seen his hair.

Why would the "source" be important if they have the actual return? Maybe it's Julian Assange?

Trump could easily prove they have bogus returns by releasing his tax returns as he has promised to do on numerous occaisons.

oh lord I CANNOT WAIT FOR TRUMP BOIS TO SCREAM ABOUT ILLEGALLY ACQUIRED FILES OMG OMG OMG we are gonna be destroyed by a rip in the time-space hypocritical continuum.

I just browsed through the really long article but didn't see a link to the returns themselves. Has the NYT released the returns for public consumption or are we supposed to rely on their analysis alone?
You could rely on Trump actually releasing the documents?

Back
Top Bottom