• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

[W:1011]TRUMP’S TAXES SHOW CHRONIC LOSSES AND YEARS OF TAX AVOIDANCE

That's a huge article. I don't have time to read all of it right now, but it appears the image of Trump being a billionaire has been nothing but a marketing in scam in order to promote his own image. He is loaded with debt, and it sounds like he is on the verge of bankruptcy.
Im beginning to think that you might not vote for him now.

I just browsed through the really long article but didn't see a link to the returns themselves. Has the NYT released the returns for public consumption or are we supposed to rely on their analysis alone?

No returns released that I can see either... but why would the 'little details' matter? The Democrats and their crooked media are shitting their panties trying to make something out of this.

The Slimes, known to be the absolute pillars of virtue when it comes to being truthful about this president. So funny!
Watch the left suck up and gobble up every word as though it were Gospel though.

'D.C. Reporter' last year published an article on a Donald Trump supporter who lives one door away from Mar-a-Lago who was getting $100 million a year and not paying income taxes and when Trump took office, the IRS investigation mysteriously stopped of this Trump supporter. The D.C. Reporter has written proof that this man was under criminal investigation before that.

1601248659165.png

Surely, he isn’t going to gain support from this. Even if he only gets 1/2 pt lose in some states, that’s enough to turn Ohio and Georgia blue.
Thats what you hope. Keep throwing enough of this crap against the wall and hope it sticks. What you havent figured out yet is that these stories only rile up the Trump haters like yourself. No one else is paying attention to this nonsense. Oh, and Trump is not going to lose Ohio.

i've always been very concerned about who in the hell Donald Trump is massively in debt to. it has to be the Russian Mob.
That means Putin directly.

Actually, I don't object to corporations writing off losses -- as long as they are genuine losses, rather than lies manufactured to get a tax break.

That said, I'd guess that many of the losses are real, and the only reason Trump can sustain them is because he's constantly borrowing massive sums of money, and intermittently failing to pay his debts. At this point, anyone who loans to Trump is a fool -- again, if Trump Org followed the law and properly filled out its loan documents.

We already know it is highly likely that Trump lied on his tax forms, or loan forms, or both. The problem is not the law, it's the abuse thereof, and the failure to properly enforce the law.

So say you bought some stock and you lost money on it. How much can you deduct as a loss? Say you bought a house and it was sold for less then you paid for it. How much can you deduct? The answer is not much. But say you are an LLC and lose money, you get all the breaks. Are you starting to grasp the inequities here?

No returns released that I can see either... but why would the 'little details' matter? The Democrats and their crooked media are shitting their panties trying to make something out of this.

The Slimes, known to be the absolute pillars of virtue when it comes to being truthful about this president. So funny!
Watch the left suck up and gobble up every word as though it were Gospel though.
stages.jpg

Why should it?

Exactly. Everyone with half a brain or less should already know he's a total fraud. Hell, they should have known this before he even ran for president.

Conservatives won't stop supporting him because he's a good vehicle to achieve the long-standing right-wing agenda. Which is, in short, to utterly dismantle the government, weak its system of democracy, and to rewrite society so that it favors white male oligarchs even more than it currently does.

Trump has been audited. If his 'crimes' are so obvious just by reviewing his tax returns, why hasnt he been busted by the IRS?

Exactly. Everyone with half a brain or less should already know he's a total fraud. Hell, they should have known this before he even ran for president.

Conservatives won't stop supporting him because he's a good vehicle to achieve the long-standing right-wing agenda. Which is, in short, to utterly dismantle the government, weak its system of democracy, and to rewrite society so that it favors white male oligarchs even more than it currently does.
False and predictably stupid. But go ahead and give me an example of some aspect of government that conservatives have dismantled.

Thats what you hope. Keep throwing enough of this crap against the wall and hope it sticks. What you havent figured out yet is that these stories only rile up the Trump haters like yourself. No one else is paying attention to this nonsense. Oh, and Trump is not going to lose Ohio.
My theory is far more logical than yours, which is that ‘Trump is just an honest businessman who never seems to make money, only loses, and banks just have no issue lending him hundreds of millions of dollars.’

False and predictably stupid. But go ahead and give me an example of some aspect of government that conservatives have dismantled.
obamacare and pretty much democracy if you count them trying to stop voting by mail.

Wow, surprise; the guy who has repeatedly gone bankrupt, found guilty of defrauding charities, and constantly claimed his taxes were fine is actually a huge failure when it comes to business.

Who cares? It’s more important to know this info now that we can. You know, like emails taken off DNC servers.
Are you saying Hillary lost due to the DNC letting out her e mails that were illicit to begin with?

obamacare and pretty much democracy if you count them trying to stop voting by mail.
Not voting, the blanket printing and distribution of ballots to anyone living in a residence. Illegals live in residences.

That's a huge article. I don't have time to read all of it right now, but it appears the image of Trump being a billionaire has been nothing but a marketing in scam in order to promote his own image. He is loaded with debt, and it sounds like he is on the verge of bankruptcy.

You and others apparently haven't read about the TrumpNation Lawsuit
TrumpNation: The Art of Being the Donald is a 2005 biographical book about Donald Trump that was written by Timothy L. O'Brien and published by Warner Books. After the book was published, Trump filed a $5 billion lawsuit against O'Brien, who had written that Trump was not a billionaire and that his net worth actually ranged between $150 million and $250 million. Trump sought $2.5 billion in compensatory damages and an additional $2.5 billion in punitive damages. The lawsuit was dismissed in 2009, and an appeals court affirmed the decision in 2011.
(. . .)
Trump's business dealings with associates of the American Mafia, as well as a bailout by his siblings that prevented him from going bankrupt, are also included in the book.

O'Brien, citing three anonymous people who worked with Trump, wrote in the book that Trump "was not remotely close to being a billionaire," stating that his actual net worth ranged between $150 million and $250 million. O'Brien also wrote that Trump was "bored" with Marla Maples at the time of their marriage: "I was bored when she was walking down the aisle. I kept thinking, 'What the hell am I doing here?'"
(. . .)
The case was dismissed based on a lack of malice and that dismissal was upheld because it was not enough to prove the claims were false, actual malice requires proving that O'Brien was aware the claims were false. The appeals court noted, "Nothing suggests that O'Brien was subjectively aware of the falsity of his source's figures or that he had actual doubts as to the information's accuracy."

Wow, surprise; the guy who has repeatedly gone bankrupt, found guilty of defrauding charities, and constantly claimed his taxes were fine is actually a huge failure when it comes to business.
Oh from the national enquirer publication of the Democrats? I pass.

Back
Top Bottom