• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

[W:1011]TRUMP’S TAXES SHOW CHRONIC LOSSES AND YEARS OF TAX AVOIDANCE

It’s far worse than that. Trump has 14 known loans. Only six of those total $479 million and are coming due in the next three years and he used his personal property assets as collateral. He’s going to be living out of a cardboard box in the next 3-5 years if he can’t somehow use the Presidency as a conduit to refinance or wipe out the debt.
Where did you get this info?

That's a LIE, they were obtained legally through the courts.
So the Times has released the returns? How do we know they came from the courts? I thought the Times was keeping sources secret. Anyway, can you point me to where I can read these returns for myself?

So...you can't FORCE Trump to release his returns, so you get them by corruption. Good job.

And this is why I've always said that nobody who wants his returns gives a rat's ass if he broke any laws. You just want to make a big deal out of his legal tax strategy. Somehow, legal action is bad nowadays, while criminal action is excused.

This thread is useless.

Dismissed.
The Times said in the article that they were given by people who had a legal right to them.

It’s lame to use the, “but mommy, you weren’t supposed to look in my bottom dresser drawer,” excuse.

Common dude. The IRS works for Don the Con. He also appointed their lead tax attorney. They are keeping it under wraps for him.
What of the previous 11 years ?
Wait ! are you part of some conspiracy theory group?

You really do just make shit up don't you???

His moron cult won't care, we know how stupid they are.

While it's true his base likely won't care or will dismiss it as 'fake news', it may resonate with swing voters. We can only hope.

But the best prize is the egg on his face: He's not as rich as he claims, he keeps posting losses and he's exposed as a guy who dodges taxes by any means legal or not. He looked rattled at his presser today. To see a leader who thinks his job is 'owning the libs' get so neatly 'owned' himself gave me a nice chuckle.

The Times piece, without substantiation, is borderline slander. It isn't news at all. In fact, when a so called news organization engages in this type of behavior it could well be considered an in kind contribution to Biden.
Did you actually read the Times piece? It lists fact after fact after fact. If any fact is not correct it would be easy for the Trump team to show that.
Do you think the Times should have withheld these facts until after the election? Does the press not have an obligation to inform the public?

Donald Trump isn't even competent enough to run a company and make money and yet Republicans let him RUN OUR COUNTRY.

Take a few steps back and let that sink in (as more people die).

I just wonder how much campaign money was funneled to Trump family members as consulting fees?

Consider a new tax advisor and business plan....
Nope. I don't want to end up in federal prison for evading or committing fraud on my taxes. There is an old saying, if you're not paying taxes, you're not making any money.

Lutherf said:
The Times piece, without substantiation, is borderline slander. It isn't news at all. In fact, when a so called news organization engages in this type of behavior it could well be considered an in kind contribution to Biden.
Let Trump sue theTimes for slander. Since Trump would have to prove the story in the times was false, he’d need to release tax data. I say let him do it. What about you?

I just wonder how much campaign money was funneled to Trump family members as consulting fees?
A ton. The RNC is currently shaking their heads trying to figure out where a Billion dollars went. We all know where it went. A bunch of people are going to jail when this is all over.

And that's not all. There are open investigations looking into the missing $40 million from the inauguration committee. This guy just never quits.

It seems to me it is imperative that we know who he owes over $421 million to, which will come due within the next four years. If these are foreign actors, they will have leverage over a president, making him a national security risk.

Attachments

• 47554972-58E9-4BBD-88B8-CB29CB7F55F0.png
    47554972-58E9-4BBD-88B8-CB29CB7F55F0.png
    116.8 KB · Views: 7
It seems to me it is imperative that we know who he owes over $421 million to, which will come due within the next four years. If these are foreign actors, they will have leverage over a president, making him a national security risk.
This is the most important bit and my hope is the NYT shows this soon. If he is beholden to a foreign government, he should lose his security clearance, even if it means he cannot do his job.

LONG-CONCEALED RECORDS SHOW TRUMP’S CHRONIC LOSSES AND YEARS OF TAX AVOIDANCE

The Times obtained Donald Trump’s tax information extending over more than two decades, revealing struggling properties, vast write-offs, an audit battle and hundreds of millions in debt coming due.

Donald J. Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. In his first year in the White House, he paid another $750.

He had paid no income taxes at all in 10 of the previous 15 years — largely because he reported losing much more money than he made.
===============
Well, well. Either he's not the successful businessman that he claims to be and losses more money than he earns or he's a cheat that pays less money in taxes than the working poor.

Romney was attacked during the 2012 election because he only paid 12% in federal tax. How will paying only $750, the highest in decades is going to fly?

Exactly why President Trump or any other president should not show their returns. The NYT
The word you're looking for is "stole".

Or made up.

Nope. I don't want to end up in federal prison for evading or committing fraud on my taxes. There is an old saying, if you're not paying taxes, you're not making any money.
If you pay too much in taxes, you're not following the law.

Some time back I predicted Trump would go belly up in less than a year if he lost. Many disagreed with me. Care to change that assessment? It's clear Trump is broke, and the only thing propping him up is his presidency. Once he loses, the brand will be toxic.

Back
Top Bottom