• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:1][W:11][W:368] Russia invades Ukraine: Live Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither am I. I just hope what I am not allowed to say about what I want to happen to Vladimir Putin happens in public, in a painful humiliating manner.
what sort of military forces does the Ukraine have. I realize it is not nearly as vast as Russia but can the Ukraine cause some significant casualties to the Russian Invaders?

This was totally avoidable and unnecessary. But there is no going back now. I can't even imagine what the long term effects will be or how long this war will go on for. Tens of thousands will die. Millions of Ukrainians will become refugees and millions of Russian citizens will be hurt by Putin squeezing the economy to fuel the military. **** Putin. **** anyone who was "just following orders". This was a war of choice. Ukraine isn't capable of winning this fight. But I have hope that they won't lose.

what sort of military forces does the Ukraine have. I realize it is not nearly as vast as Russia but can the Ukraine cause some significant casualties to the Russian Invaders?

If hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians mount a full-scale Guerilla war, yes.

Several hundred thousand troops, but they are not as well trained, armed, and experienced as the Russians.

Not inside their own borders, sadly. At least, not of consequence.

They might have more punch if they found a way to do some damage on Russian soil.

People find war an easy thing to support until it arrives in their own backyard.

I've heard numbers in the range of 250,000 with another 100,000 in reserve.

Can we set aside the partisan bickering for tonight?

Myself being one of the worst offenders.
No, not after your traitor trump praised Putin as savvy and a genius, along with all of YOUR media.

No, not when you people would rather be Russian than American when there’s a Democratic potus.

Hell NO, as Boehner once said.

More strikes in Kiev, gunfire at the Kiev international airport, and Russian forces are striking crossing across the Dnieper north of Crimea.

No, not after your traitor trump praised Putin as savvy and a genius, along with all of YOUR media.

No, not when you people would rather be Russian than American when there’s a Democratic potus.

Hell NO, as Boehner once said.

I think we can call a truce with @dobieg, even if it's short-lived. With this invasion all bets are off.

Several hundred thousand troops, but they are not as well trained, armed, and experienced as the Russians.
Depends on the long term strategy. If Putin chooses to hold ground, he'll probably have to turn to the conscripts, and it can go badly if the Ukrainian partisans can do to them what the Muj. did not do long ago.

Russian airborne forces are attempting to take control of Kiev's airport. Additional amphibious forces are landing at Mariupol, and ground forces are moving in from Belarus, Crimea, and Russia.

Ukraine is working primarily with aged Soviet era equipment and Russia will dominate the air. They’re going to be steamrolled.

Russian paratroopers have allegedly taken control of Kiev's airport.

Tucker, Pompeo and the former guy must be celebrating.
I doubt it.

Although no doubt it must be somewhat amusing to see Biden has totally floundered as a foreign policy president.

I hope that Putin's blatant warmongering makes it easier to unequivocally condemn his actions. We'll see how it plays out.

Ukraine is working primarily with aged Soviet era equipment and Russia will dominate the air. They’re going to be steamrolled.
Anyone have numbers on Patriot systems moved in?

Russian paratroopers have allegedly taken control of Kiev's airport.
Which means they already have armor in Kiev, Russia’s paratroops have tanks, the crew jumps in the tanks, so they probably have armor securing the airport and reinforcements will be arriving by plane shortly

I am told that lethal aid was sent, but I am not nearly as up to speed as some of the more nuts-and-bolts folks around here.

So far the strikes appear to have included a Ukrainian air base, a Ukrainian barracks, and Ukrainian forces in the field.

There are additional reports that 2 Ukrainian drones have been downed.

I wonder if they are trying to establish an air bridge at Kiev airport?

My Russian is meh. Is it true that Nebenzya just called on the citizen militias in Donetsk to join the fight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom