• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:1][W:11][W:368] Russia invades Ukraine: Live Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 min ago

CNN team reports explosions near Ukrainian capital​

The CNN team on the ground is hearing several loud explosions near Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine.

The initial barrage of missile and artillery strikes has struck. Russia has now begun major artillery fire from Belgorod.

Russian forces are moving out of Crimea. Guess is that they'll try to cross at Kherson or Nova Kakhovka to slip behind the Dnieper and trap Ukrainian forces east of the river.

The Russians are striking targets in Kherson, one of the major routes over the Dnieper from Crimea.

I am not allowed to say what I think about Vladmir Putin right now.

Neither am I. I just hope what I am not allowed to say about what I want to happen to Vladimir Putin happens in public, in a painful humiliating manner.

Reports of gunfire at Kiev's airport.

Tonight you're allowed.

I'd rather not take that chance.

Meanwhile, Dow futures are down 500. Surprised it's that little.

So far the strikes appear to have included a Ukrainian air base, a Ukrainian barracks, and Ukrainian forces in the field.

There are additional reports that 2 Ukrainian drones have been downed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom