• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:1] Has Science Discovered God

You posted the same thread twice, taking up OP space someone else could have used.

You posted the same thread twice, taking up OP space someone else could have used.
Thanks for bringing that to my attention ....not sure how it happened but I have requested a mod to delete one of them.

The more important question is, has God found science?

The "First cause/cosmological argument" is difficult to get past and by it theists, at least, can justify a belief in God.
I think it is all beyond human comprehension....our mental faculties simply are not up to the task

I.E. how can something always have existed? Common sense tells me that is not possible....yet even those who claim a causation for the creation of matter say that God has always existed.

I remember as a child asking my mother where God came from and how did he become God?

She told me he has always existed....how can humans understand that...impossible.

Thus it all comes down to a matter of faith and not science....at least the science we have at this time.

I think it is all beyond human comprehension....our mental faculties simply are not up to the task

I.E. how can something always have existed? Common sense tells me that is not possible....yet even those who claim a causation for the creation of matter say that God has always existed.

I remember as a child asking my mother where God came from and how did he become God?

She told me he has always existed....how can humans understand that...impossible.

Thus it all comes down to a matter of faith and not science....at least the science we have at this time.
Theology describes God. Absent it we would still be left with an indescribable "first cause". Because we are part of the creation anything outside our sphere would be beyond our grasp of understanding. Thus, the rejection of an uncaused entity and the admission that nothing that exists can be uncaused. They might not call "the first cause" God, but by logic they are (unwittingly) acknowledging its existence.

Moderator's Warning:
A reminder this is in the theology forum and the rules that goes along with that.

Moderator's Warning:
A reminder this is in the theology forum and the rules that goes along with that.

I don't understand the warning? Many churches and religions teach science. I believe they go together as the article suggests.

I remember a proof in geometry to prove there is a lowest number. While doing the proof, it became apparent that there is no lowest number. There is always one lower. The same with time or anything for that matter. has our God always existed? In some form of intelligence. In our universe? Nope...

Back
Top Bottom