• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

[W:1, 35]Second Presidential Debate

Patriotic Voter

Smarter than trolls
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Now is our last chance to watch President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden face off for an hour and a half (9:00-10:30 ET), this time at Belmont University in Nashville. It will be moderated by Kristen Welker, who works for NBC. Here is everything you need to know:

Of course you can watch it on other TV networks or listen to the whole show live on NPR. Hopefully this will not be close to the disaster we saw and heard on September 29. During the two minutes candidates cannot be interrupted, the other candidate's microphone will be muted.

Joe Biden will likely win this debate. I am missing three quarters of a football game to watch this, so it better be good.

Mod edit:

Moderator's Warning:
This thread is now stickied, please use it for discussions of tonight's debate. I and other mods will be in the thread throughout the debate. ANy trolling, baiting or flaming will earn a thread ban. Just do not do it. Let's have a good discussion as a community, where we can disagree while still being civil. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now is our last chance to watch President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden face off for an hour and a half (9:00-10:30 ET), this time at Belmont University in Nashville. It will be moderated by Kristen Welker, who works for NBC. Here is everything you need to know:

Of course you can watch it on other TV networks or listen to the whole show live on NPR. Hopefully this will not be close to the disaster we saw and heard on September 29. During the two minutes candidates cannot be interrupted, the other candidate's microphone will be muted.

Joe Biden will likely win this debate. I am missing three quarters of a football game to watch this, so it better be good.
Game time!... in a little over an hour.

2 of the worst teams playing each other you’re not missing much. The debate will almost certainly be more entertaining

Predictions:
1. Trump will say something stupid... not a "lie" (because both will no doubt)...I mean stupid... like Zebra's are purple type stupid.
2. Trump will be calm but hammer the Hunter Biden thing every time he can
3. Biden will use a curse word

I kind of wish they weren't muting the mics. I love seeing the adults scold Trump like the petulant child he is.

Predictions:
1. Trump will say something stupid... not a "lie" (because both will no doubt)...I mean stupid... like Zebra's are purple type stupid.
Trump insisted that the only topic be foreign policy. That means every answer will be Hunter... China!

Biden needs to pound Trump on the virus.

Predictions:

I'll add . . .

4. Unlike the previous debate, the moderator will have to turn around several times and tell the audience to keep quiet.

I kind of wish they weren't muting the mics. I love seeing the adults scold Trump like the petulant child he is.
Come on... it'll be hilarious when trump's mic is cut off and he's starts SCREAMING to make up for it.

I felt bruised after the last "debate". With the muted mikes we may not hear Trump, but Biden and Kristen Welker will be able to hear him if he starts to shout. He can still cause chaos.

Nah... I think if the mic is muted (they will let him know) he will shuddap and put his hands to his side like 6 year old.

It looks like there is a delay.

Come on... it'll be hilarious when trump's mic is cut off and he's starts SCREAMING to make up for it.

God, I hope that happens.

Trump insisted that the only topic be foreign policy. That means every answer will be Hunter... China!

I agree that Trump will speak only about Hunter Biden, as if Hunter Biden had some relevance to governmental policy. But Trump's followers will think that he does, since they live in a separate reality. This we must accept.

I agree that Trump will speak only about Hunter Biden, as if Hunter Biden had some relevance to governmental policy. But Trump's followers will think that he does, since they live in a separate reality. This we must accept.
My only fear of that is if it gets under Biden's skin. Which of course is it's intent when he does.

What is the over/under on Trump deciding to leave the debate early and complain about left-wing bias?

Speaking of television shows and delays, did "60 Minutes" ever go on the air?

Back
Top Bottom