• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

VP Takes Full Responibility In Shooting

Billo_Really said:
Like voting for Bush or attacking Iraq?

ROFL I think that's a bit far reaching there, Billo. Have you had a few too many beer's to drink today? :lol:

Originally posted by debate_junkie
ROFL I think that's a bit far reaching there, Billo. Have you had a few too many beer's to drink today?
I plan too. That was just the standard "Hate Bush" rap #43 (in C minor) in case KC was trolling by. He has nothing to say unless you end your post with a Hate Bush sig.

debate_junkie said:
But if I'm not mistaken, doesn't criminal negligence HAVE to involve acting recklessly without regard to the other person/persons? Unless the definition has changed on me (LOL) I never considered actions housed under "criminal negligence" to be simply poor judgement.

Well, every state is different as to how it falls under the statute. For an example, we don't have "criminal negligence" in Indiana, but some states do. How it is defined varies upon the state. We do have criminal recklessness though. If you are driving in excess speed and kill or harm somebody that could be defined as criminal recklessness.

Billo_Really said:
I plan too. That was just the standard "Hate Bush" rap #43 (in C minor) in case KC was trolling by. He has nothing to say unless you end your post with a Hate Bush sig.

Are you always "buzzed"? I'm getting ready to have a glass of wine myself, but I have to work tomorrow, so I have to take it easy.

Originally posted by alphieb
Are you always "buzzed"? I'm getting ready to have a glass of wine myself, but I have to work tomorrow, so I have to take it easy.
I haven't been buzzed in about 10 years. But it's OK if people want to think I am. You never want to lose a debate to a guy that's buzzed.

Billo_Really said:
I haven't been buzzed in about 10 years. But it's OK if people want to think I am. You never want to lose a debate to a guy that's buzzed.

Ironically, it is when people are buzzed that they think they are at their best.

Originally posted by alphieb
Ironically, it is when people are buzzed that they think they are at their best.
Not me. I'm at my worst high or straight. If I'm mean, I'm an arrogant asshole. If I'm nice, I'm a *****. So I'm just me.

It took 6 years for this administration shows any signs of accountability. It only happened when there was an actual smoking gun in Cheney's hand.

debate_junkie said:
So the VP is supposed to act a certain way, because that's how YOU would act? That has GOT to be the funniest thing I ever heard. My father, when I was 14, threatened to blow my brains out, and then went up to bed to go to sleep.. you're point? PEOPLE handle different scenario's differerntly, otherwise we'd be CLONES... right?

It's a common phenomenan that when people are in a state of shock that they lose their appetite. I am not saying that because I lose my appetite in those circumstances that Cheney should as well. I just found it interesting that after he shot someone, he went back to the Armstrong ranch and fixed himself a cocktail and ate dinner. That's all.

Sorry, but your story does not remotely compare to the Cheney/Whittington story. Threatening someone is equivalent to actually injuring someone? If your father had pushed you and you fell down the stairs and injured yourself, do you think he could have gone to bed and slept? Somehow, I doubt it, but if so, then your father has no conscience.

And that has any bearing on anything.. how?

Just pointing out a fact. Cheney is saying that that he shot his "good friend." When asked if he was a friend or an acquaintence, he said "acquaintenace" without any hestitation. It sounded like he was trying to make more of friendship than it really was to give more sympathy to his situation.

More concerned about politics, how? Show me where the police made it a point to A)cover up the situation, or B) put Cheney's VP status ahead of the fact that a man was shot. Until then, this argument is baseless.

debate junkie, you can dismiss whatever I say. All I will say is that my family has excellent connections in a small town. A family member was arrested because of illegal activity. Guess what? That family member has NO RECORD whatsoever. Why? Because of the connections my family had. So you all want to pretend that Armstrong doesn't have some sort of power (whether she asserted it or not) over the police department, that's cool. At least I'm realistic.

Goobieman said:
They had a beer with lunch.... 6 hours before the accident.
If they had the beer at 1200, it was out of his system by 1400, at the latest.

You guys, really, are sad.

Thank you. But again, let's not pretend that someone on medication may have a different reaction to alcohol than others. Lots of things have an impact on how alcohol affects them.

Interesting that no one has commented on what I said about the connections people have in a small town. :lol:

*aps gives herself a high five* ;)

aps said:
Interesting that no one has commented on what I said about the connections people have in a small town. :lol:

I read it, but there really isn;t much to comment on. It's speculation. If you can present evidence that Cheney skated in this small town because of his connections and that anyone else would be charged, then maybe it will be worth discussing. Until then, this story farted to a finish days ago.

aps said:

Given that "connections" in a small town are common...?

Everyone knows everyone, and in every small town there are usually a few large families, so there are lot of relatives, too.

KCConservative said:
I read it, but there really isn;t much to comment on. It's speculation. If you can present evidence that Cheney skated in this small town because of his connections and that anyone else would be charged, then maybe it will be worth discussing. Until then, this story farted to a finish days ago.

LOL I love that I got your attention, KC! I am not talking about Cheney's connections but Armstrong's connections. Of course it's speculation, but it's a possibility. I know it's tough to admit that I could be right, but you can do it!

aps said:
Thank you. But again, let's not pretend that someone on medication may have a different reaction to alcohol than others. Lots of things have an impact on how alcohol affects them.

So you're suggesting ?

Dick was half-cocked before he shot his....I can't go on.:3oops:

aps said:
LOL I love that I got your attention, KC! I am not talking about Cheney's connections but Armstrong's connections. Of course it's speculation, but it's a possibility. I know it's tough to admit that I could be right, but you can do it!

aps

Are you aware that the Armstrong ranching empire is connected to the King Ranch operations via marriage? It's more than just a little small town situation. Those two conglomerates make up a huge chunk of south Texas and they wield just a smidgen of influence in not only that area, but worldwide. :twocents:

Last edited:
I'm just happy to see that, for the first time in recorded history, liberals are blaming the shooter instead of the gun.

"The only good thing about the Cheney hunting incident was that he finally got some combat experience!"
- Alan Colmes (Hannity and Colmes)

Back
Top Bottom