• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

VP Takes Full Responibility In Shooting

fooligan said:
*looks at your sig*

And your point is....?

How do you read my sig and see it as anti-Jew?

:tongue4:
aps said:
LOL Yes, I am all woman, if you know what I mean.... ;)

My picture is in the picture thread.....somewhere.

Where's the picture thread? :2razz:

Billo_Really said:
This incident is just another brick in wall. A wall that needs to come down via impeachment. How much longer will Congress allow the Executive branch to trash a once great country?

I think your record is skipping. :lol: Keep us posted, billo.

Bottom line: Kenedy County has now closed the case. There was an accidental shooting while good friends were hunting. There was no neglegence, no alcohol, no mischief of any kind. The victim was given immediate attention and only then was the media informed. The case is now closed. Sorry libs, this wasn't the scandal you've been waiting for afterall. But it was fun watching you salivate. Keep looking.

KCConservative said:
Bottom line: Kenedy County has now closed the case. There was an accidental shooting while good friends were hunting. There was no neglegence, no alcohol, no mischief of any kind. The victim was given immediate attention and only then was the media informed. The case is now closed. Sorry libs, this wasn't the scandal you've been waiting for afterall. But it was fun watching you salivate. Keep looking.
If you would actually read what others have written you wouldn't write what you wrote...The objection was not questioning if it were an accidental shooting, rather the arrogant way Cheney delayed revealing his mistake and his lack of respect for the public that he serves...which for him is SOP.

Originally posted by KCConservative:
I think your record is skipping. Keep us posted, billo.
And just what are you doing to help?

alphieb said:
I will agree with you on that. The first priority was medical care not the PRESS. I could care less if I found out Sunday or Monday or today. I believe it is very possible drinking played a factor. maybe not though.

Well if Cheyney gets drunk from one beer at lunchtime, and approximately 3 hours later, he's STILL drunk, he's more of a lightweight than I am :roll:

What played a factor in this ACCIDENT was two things, hunting at dusk, which can always be dangerous, and a momentary lapse in communication AND judgement. When did these things become crimes???:confused:

26 X World Champs said:
The objection was not questioning if it were an accidental shooting, rather the arrogant way Cheney delayed revealing his mistake and his lack of respect for the public that he serves...which for him is SOP.

Waiting 12 hours until the next morning and letting the property owner report it to the media is "arrogant" and shows a "lack of respect for the public"?

How, exactly, is that?

Incredibly low thressholds you have for "arrogance" and "lack of respect", eh? Of course, they only apply to Republicans...

Saboteur said:
Cheney had a hunting accident and was hunting illeagally. You should be glad that there isn't more hype than there is in the media about that little tid-bit. Cheney's a poacher and poaching is a serious crime to us regular folks. I don't know anybody that goes hunting without the proper license, the DNR is so aggressive these days.

The sheriff's dept was notified, and I'm pretty sure they examined the license that Cheyney did possess. If he were hunting illegally, would they not be fining him for such offenses? I'm pretty sure they would be. But since you feel the need to slander Cheyney.. here you go:

Meanwhile, a Texas county sheriff’s office said no charges would be filed against Cheney in the incident, and closed the investigation.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11407623/

Happy :spin: ing!!

KCConservative said:
But this didn;t happen while serving the public. Why does Cheney owe you an explanation about this accident. He shot his buddy. He feels terrible. He got the man immediate medical attention. What does he owe you about this?

I agree, I think he did the right thing. First and foremost of importance was getting the gentleman medical care, which is what he did. Sometimes, unfortunately, people thrive on others hardships. I made the comment that drinking was perhaps involved and I don't know that for sure, but if it was, that does not change the fact that it was an accident. I would hate to be in his shoes.

Goobieman said:
Waiting 12 hours until the next morning and letting the property owner report it to the media is "arrogant" and shows a "lack of respect for the public"?

How, exactly, is that?

Incredibly low thressholds you have for "arrogance" and "lack of respect", eh? Of course, they only apply to Republicans...

His respect was to his friend and not the media. I don't see where he did anything wrong.

debate_junkie said:
Well if Cheyney gets drunk from one beer at lunchtime, and approximately 3 hours later, he's STILL drunk, he's more of a lightweight than I am :roll:

What played a factor in this ACCIDENT was two things, hunting at dusk, which can always be dangerous, and a momentary lapse in communication AND judgement. When did these things become crimes???:confused:

Actually, there is such thing as criminal negligence which does include poor judgment and can be a crime. My husband is an attorney and informed me of that, but I'm not saying I think he warrents charges, just merely pointing that out.

alphieb said:
Actually, there is such thing as criminal negligence which does include poor judgment and can be a crime. My husband is an attorney and informed me of that, but I'm not saying I think he warrents charges, just merely pointing that out.

But if I'm not mistaken, doesn't criminal negligence HAVE to involve acting recklessly without regard to the other person/persons? Unless the definition has changed on me (LOL) I never considered actions housed under "criminal negligence" to be simply poor judgement.

First of all, Cheney has admitted to having a beer with lunch. He has heart problems, so I would bet that he is on some kind of heart medication. Some medication can increase the effects of alcohol. Also, after they took him to the hospital, Cheney went back to the ranch and had dinner with a "cocktail." Interesting.

Sure you all can dismiss this, but some people are still investigating the discrepancies between what Armstrong says and what Cheney said. I pointed them out somewhere. So I am happy that some people are not willing to let this go. This is very typical republican--make it seem as though we are going overboard on this issue. I wasn't on this message board at the time Clinton's affair with Monica was exposed, but I remember how the republicans reacted. So don't pretend that you don't do the same thing when someone of the opposite party is put in the spotlight.

aps said:
First of all, Cheney has admitted to having a beer with lunch. He has heart problems, so I would bet that he is on some kind of heart medication. Some medication can increase the effects of alcohol. Also, after they took him to the hospital, Cheney went back to the ranch and had dinner with a "cocktail." Interesting.

What's so interesting about getting the man shot to the hospital, going back to the ranch and having dinner, and a drink? Is there something that says Cheney needed to go back to the ranch and fret and pace and go on a hunger strike because he shot his friend accidentally?

aps said:
Sure you all can dismiss this, but some people are still investigating the discrepancies between what Armstrong says and what Cheney said. I pointed them out somewhere. So I am happy that some people are not willing to let this go. This is very typical republican--make it seem as though we are going overboard on this issue. I wasn't on this message board at the time Clinton's affair with Monica was exposed, but I remember how the republicans reacted. So don't pretend that you don't do the same thing when someone of the opposite party is put in the spotlight.

Willing to let what go? I don't see what the issue is. Very Typical Republican? Hmmm I didn't know there was some "mold" I had to fit in when I turned 18 and registered Republican:confused:

As far as Clinton (oy vey... yet again) I was one of the FEW who believed the lawsuit should have been DELAYED... not thrown out.. delayed until Clinton was a private citizen. Furthermore, what is it with this "Well you guys did it with Clinton. Why can't we with Bush?" Is this fricking grade school for crying out loud? :spin:

debate_junkie said:
What's so interesting about getting the man shot to the hospital, going back to the ranch and having dinner, and a drink? Is there something that says Cheney needed to go back to the ranch and fret and pace and go on a hunger strike because he shot his friend accidentally?

Just pointing out that fact. Frankly, if I shot someone, I would have NO appetite. It sounded somewhat cold to me to hear that he went back to the ranch and served himself a cocktail.

By the way, for everyone's information, Cheney and Whittington are merely acquaintenances. NOTHING MORE.

Willing to let what go? I don't see what the issue is. Very Typical Republican? Hmmm I didn't know there was some "mold" I had to fit in when I turned 18 and registered Republican:confused:

You know I don't mean every single republican. Just look at the majority of reactions from them on this topic. They keep saying that the case is closed. Just because the police have closed the case, we have to close it too? Many people want to seek the truth, and it appears to me that the police were more concerned about politics than seeking the truth. Kenedy County is tiny and everyone knows everyone's business. I know personally what it's like to be in a situation like that and how the police will overlook certain problems when you have connections to them.

As far as Clinton (oy vey... yet again) I was one of the FEW who believed the lawsuit should have been DELAYED... not thrown out.. delayed until Clinton was a private citizen.

Good for you.

Furthermore, what is it with this "Well you guys did it with Clinton. Why can't we with Bush?" Is this fricking grade school for crying out loud? :spin:

Some of the people on this message board are making it seem as though we are incapable of dropping the subject and that there's something wrong with us. I am merely pointing out that they should not throw stones when they live in glass houses.

aps said:
Just pointing out that fact. Frankly, if I shot someone, I would have NO appetite. It sounded somewhat cold to me to hear that he went back to the ranch....
Which part of your statement is the "fact?" That, to you, it sounded cold? You're just saying you don't like him. No need to try and justify it. Shall we arrest him on "inappropriate appetite?" Maybe charge him with "sounding cold?"

aps said:
Just pointing out that fact. Frankly, if I shot someone, I would have NO appetite. It sounded somewhat cold to me to hear that he went back to the ranch and served himself a cocktail.

So the VP is supposed to act a certain way, because that's how YOU would act? That has GOT to be the funniest thing I ever heard. My father, when I was 14, threatened to blow my brains out, and then went up to bed to go to sleep.. you're point? PEOPLE handle different scenario's differerntly, otherwise we'd be CLONES... right?

aps said:
By the way, for everyone's information, Cheney and Whittington are merely acquaintenances. NOTHING MORE.

And that has any bearing on anything.. how?

aps said:
You know I don't mean every single republican. Just look at the majority of reactions from them on this topic. They keep saying that the case is closed. Just because the police have closed the case, we have to close it too? Many people want to seek the truth, and it appears to me that the police were more concerned about politics than seeking the truth. Kenedy County is tiny and everyone knows everyone's business. I know personally what it's like to be in a situation like that and how the police will overlook certain problems when you have connections to them.

More concerned about politics, how? Show me where the police made it a point to A)cover up the situation, or B) put Cheney's VP status ahead of the fact that a man was shot. Until then, this argument is baseless.

Good for you.

aps said:
Some of the people on this message board are making it seem as though we are incapable of dropping the subject and that there's something wrong with us. I am merely pointing out that they should not throw stones when they live in glass houses.

Well with almost any situation, Clinton continually seems to be brought into the situation, by members of this thread of BOTH political leanings. But that's not what I was addressing, and I've taken fellow members of my own political leanings to task on this situation... so because one does it, it must be ok? I've YET to get an answer that even remotely addresses this, and it looks like this time will be no different, either:confused:

KCConservative said:
Which part of your statement is the "fact?" That, to you, it sounded cold? You're just saying you don't like him. No need to try and justify it. Shall we arrest him on "inappropriate appetite?" Maybe charge him with "sounding cold?"

Dangit KCC.. now I sound like a mindless parrot because you beat me to the punch :rofl I need to get a better typist.. this one types too darn slow :2wave:

aps said:

They had a beer with lunch.... 6 hours before the accident.
If they had the beer at 1200, it was out of his system by 1400, at the latest.

You guys, really, are sad.

Originally posted by debate_junkie:
But if I'm not mistaken, doesn't criminal negligence HAVE to involve acting recklessly without regard to the other person/persons?
Like voting for Bush or attacking Iraq?

Originally posted by Goobieman
They had a beer with lunch.... 6 hours before the accident.
If they had the beer at 1200, it was out of his system by 1400, at the latest.

You guys, really, are sad.
What if he was drinking Old English 800?

Back
Top Bottom