• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

VP Takes Full Responibility In Shooting

aps said:
I looked up the definition in the dictionary, which stated, "To engage in delaying tactics; stall." Websters Dictionary.

And, as I said, there's more to it than that, as noted in the phrases I used -- [refusing] to answer or cooperate with; resist or rebuff and/or obstruct[ing] or hinder[ing] any discussion -- that ALSO came from the dictionary.

And lets be honest with that Webster's cite:

Main Entry: stone·wall
Pronunciation: 'stOn -"wol
intransitive senses
1 chiefly British : to engage in obstructive parliamentary debate or delaying tactics
2 : to be uncooperative, obstructive, or evasive
transitive senses : to refuse to comply or cooperate with
- stone·wall·er noun
http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/stonewall

You're going to stick with 'delaying tactics' because its the only way your argument works. You're deliberately ignoring the OTHER aspects of the term because you know Cheney didnt do those things.

Thats intellectually dishonest.

fooligan said:
Aww, look. He's getting tired of the teasing.

Imagine him being teased with a few hundred bombs and no one to back him up. Well, execpt for the cops... he's called them but man it will be days. If ever. The cops fled because it was never their job to begin with. Boom.

The military ~ where is it?

Certain people live in bubbles.

The military is right where we need it.

What does any of your comment have to do with what I posted?

fooligan said:
Quoted the Wrong guy.

OK, that makes more sense! :cool:

Last edited:
Goobieman said:
And, as I said, there's more to it than that, as noted in the phrases I used -- [refusing] to answer or cooperate with; resist or rebuff and/or obstruct[ing] or hinder[ing] any discussion -- that ALSO came from the dictionary.

And lets be honest with that Webster's cite:

Main Entry: stone·wall
Pronunciation: 'stOn -"wol
intransitive senses
1 chiefly British : to engage in obstructive parliamentary debate or delaying tactics
2 : to be uncooperative, obstructive, or evasive
transitive senses : to refuse to comply or cooperate with
- stone·wall·er noun
http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/stonewall

You're going to stick with 'delaying tactics' because its the only way your argument works. You're deliberately ignoring the OTHER aspects of the term because you know Cheney didnt do those things.

Thats intellectually dishonest.

I am honestly providing you with the definition in the dictionary that I have sitting on my desk, which is dated in 1984. So to imply that I would almost provide you with the wrong definition is ridiculous.

The fact that you cannot acknowledge that there could be different interpretations of how long or short it took Cheney to report the incident to the press is pretty sad, and you have lost ALL credibility. Buh-bye.

aps said:
I am honestly providing you with the definition in the dictionary that I have sitting on my desk, which is dated in 1984. So to imply that I would almost provide you with the wrong definition is ridiculous.

The fact that you cannot acknowledge that there could be different interpretations of how long or short it took Cheney to report the incident to the press is pretty sad, and you have lost ALL credibility. Buh-bye.

Yeah. As if.

You're arguing that waiting until the next morning - a whole 12 hours, over a Saturday night - to report the inicdent is "stonewalling". If it were a WEEK you might have something.

Thats just plain SAD. Your argument is a thin as the skin on your teeth.

Last edited:
Goobieman said:
Yeah. As if.

You're arguing that waiting until the next morning - a whole 12 hours, over a Saturday night - to report the inicdent is "stonewalling".

Thats just plain SAD. Your argument is a thin as the skin on your teeth.

Okay. :lol:

vauge said:
No one cares who Clinton had sex with. That is just a :spin: to cover up the real issue - lieing under oath. The news realized that sex sales, so that is what we saw. Blame that on the media - not us conservatives.

So that would be the "Liberal" media right?

You must admit - that yeehaw was pretty ****in funny.

Yes it was as funny and it is asinine to minimize Cheney's hunting incident while that 'yeehaw' earned Howard Dean the label of 'angry reckless liberal loose cannon'. At least no one got shot in the face and had a heart attack.

John Edwards isn't smart enough to own a gun.

I think John Edwards is smart enough to obey the law and get a hunting licence and take a refesher course in firearm safety before going out to shoot at birds.

But hey if you want to believe that the V.P. isn't some irresponsible poacher go ahead. It's no skin of my back.

easyt65 said:
Uh...unless Clinton slipped, fell, and ACCIDENTALLY IMPALED Lewinski with his 'Slick Willey', then it doesn't even remotely fall into the same category as a hunting accident.
I imagine that he did impale her with a cigar sorta.... :lol: Still, it was no less a private matter than this and the media also made a big fuss over it.

scottyz said:
I imagine that he did impale her with a cigar sorta.... :lol: Still, it was no less a private matter than this and the media also made a big fuss over it.

Clinton committed adultery and lied to the entire nation over this, directly relating to the trustworythness of our pathelocially lying Commander and chief.

cheney had a hunting accident, and the local media was notified inside of an hour and a half. The only story is that the national media is ticked they were scooped by the local Tx newspaper!

easyt65 said:
Clinton committed adultery and lied to the entire nation over this, directly relating to the trustworythness of our pathelocially lying Commander and chief.

cheney had a hunting accident, and the local media was notified inside of an hour and a half. The only story is that the national media is ticked they were scooped by the local Tx newspaper!

Cheney had a hunting accident and was hunting illeagally. You should be glad that there isn't more hype than there is in the media about that little tid-bit. Cheney's a poacher and poaching is a serious crime to us regular folks. I don't know anybody that goes hunting without the proper license, the DNR is so aggressive these days.

easyt65 said:

He shouldn't have lied about it, but it was still his PERSONAL business. Clintons sex life doesn't concern you or the nation. He certainly wasn't the first Presdient to be fooling around in the Whitehouse. The only difference is that you don't like him, so you have a double standard on the issue.

Saboteur said:
Cheney had a hunting accident and was hunting illeagally. You should be glad that there isn't more hype than there is in the media about that little tid-bit. Cheney's a poacher and poaching is a serious crime to us regular folks. I don't know anybody that goes hunting without the proper license, the DNR is so aggressive these days.
Did Cheney report the shooting to local authorities?

Saboteur said:

OMG...

Clinton makes a career sexually harasing women and lying. he commits adultery ON PURPOSE, lies about it ON POURPOSE, commits a felony of perjuring himself to protect his butt ON PURPOSE.....

and you turn around and say because his staff who bought the permits and did the paperwork for Cheney FORGOT/erred in not getting the $7 dollar bird stamp, that makes Cheney a calculating and intentional POACHER?! :rofl

Good gosh, can we PLEASE turn down the rabid, democratic Party, Bush-Bashing ILL-LOGIC and BS for one minute! It is claims like THAT which make people look at your incredulously and shake their heads! :shock:

scottyz said:
He shouldn't have lied about it, but it was still his PERSONAL business. Clintons sex life doesn't concern you or the nation. He certainly wasn't the first Presdient to be fooling around in the Whitehouse. The only difference is that you don't like him, so you have a double standard on the issue.

The Dems keep making the case about clinton the affair with Lewinski. i think a president represents the country, and Clinton made the U.S. a laughing stock and the butt of MANY jokes overseas. I know - I was overseas, traveled abroad, and had to endure them all. Still, you are partly right - an affair is his business...

but the issue is NOT the affair. He committed a FELONY - he broke the LAW! he attempted to strip an American citizen of her constitutional right to a fair trial, one of the rights he took an oath to protect as President! He broke that trust! He lied to the nation! he proved he was completely untrustworthy and, again , broke the LAW!

Clinton put himself in this position intentionally. Cheney's was an ACCIDENT

easyt65 said:
OMG...

Clinton makes a career sexually harasing women and lying. he commits adultery ON PURPOSE, lies about it ON POURPOSE, commits a felony of perjuring himself to protect his butt ON PURPOSE.....

and you turn around and say because his staff who bought the permits and did the paperwork for Cheney FORGOT/erred in not getting the $7 dollar bird stamp, that makes Cheney a calculating and intentional POACHER?! :rofl

Good gosh, can we PLEASE turn down the rabid, democratic Party, Bush-Bashing ILL-LOGIC and BS for one minute! It is claims like THAT which make people look at your incredulously and shake their heads! :shock:

Gimme a break! Like I said, if this were John Edwards' accident it would be a republican field day!

Oh and there is a long standing tradition of not discussing the presidents sexual affairs in public... You think he was the first, democrat or republican?

And the question about his affair came in a line of unrelated questions. And then because they couldn't nail him for anything else.... The rest is an unfortunate history.

Plus it's been 6 years, you conservatives ever gonna let it go? Tell me you will and I'll clean the foam off my mouth.

scottyz said:

Cheney saw to the medical care of his frine and had the owner of the ranch immediately report it to authorities. The media was notified within an hour and a half...just not the National media!

CNN, ticked that Chenye turned to Fox instead of them, made the comment that Fox interviewing Cheey was like Bonnie interrviewing Clyde!
:shock: They were so pi$$ed they were scooped that they compared Fox and the VP and his accident to 2 criminal bank robbers! THAT is the point to all of this!

The national media demands an apology from Cheney for their getting scooped, and CNN lashed out because they were scooped by Fox! If I was the VP, I would su CNN for slander! The freakin' media needs to be reined in! Flashback to the incident recently when CNN was flashing an X over the VP's face - you really think after that incident that the VP is going to turn to CNN for a 'fair' interview?!

Saboteur said:
Plus it's been 6 years, you conservatives ever gonna let it go? Tell me you will and I'll clean the foam off my mouth.

I wish it would go away, but CLINON refuses to go away. 6 years after he has left office, we are still having to suffer throughhis antics and scandals, most recently the Bereger classified stealing and destroying incident and the Cisneros investigation de-railing! It would be best for this country if he just shut up and went away!

scottyz said:

Yes. Saturday. 1830hrs.

easyt65 said:
The Dems keep making the case about clinton the affair with Lewinski. i think a president represents the country, and Clinton made the U.S. a laughing stock and the butt of MANY jokes overseas. I know - I was overseas, traveled abroad, and had to endure them all. Still, you are partly right - an affair is his business...
Actually the only thing people around the world were laughing at was people like you, who thought it was some new thing for a elected leader to have a mistress. The only things I ever hear about Clinton overseas is that he was a much better President that Bush. It's because of Bush that many Americans are now told to say they're Canadian when traveling overseas for their own safety.. :roll: Lotta respect there! It's no secret that the rest of the western world views Bush VERY unfavorably.
but the issue is NOT the affair. He committed a FELONY - he broke the LAW! he attempted to strip an American citizen of her constitutional right to a fair trial, one of the rights he took an oath to protect as President! He broke that trust! He lied to the nation! he proved he was completely untrustworthy and, again , broke the LAW!
Above you say the issure was the affair and here you say it wasn't? Which one?
Clinton put himself in this position intentionally. Cheney's was an ACCIDENT
Without hearing Whittingtons account I can not be for certain Cheney's incident was an accident.

easyt65 said:
I wish it would go away, but CLINON refuses to go away. 6 years after he has left office, we are still having to suffer throughhis antics and scandals, most recently the Bereger classified stealing and destroying incident and the Cisneros investigation de-railing! It would be best for this country if he just shut up and went away!
Coincidentally, I just addressed the very issue of "Clinton not going away" just this morning...

SOMEBODY please read it...It took me over an hour to write it!...:doh

easyt65 said:

The Clinton years were the best 8 years this country had seen in 2 decades. Just because the man wasn't a super hero or a god doesn't mean everything he did and does is terrible.

And when they open those files GWB Jr. sealed on his very first day in office for his daddy and they're bad don't try and blame liberals.

Goobieman said:
Odd - I dont see them accusuing Cheney with hyperbolic terms like "stonewall" and "deception". Thats just YOU and YOUR partisan bigotry.
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. Just like your buddy Cheney your attempt to twist words and alter the truth is transparent and fooling no one. Hell, Cheney didn't even call Bush until MONDAY!

Cheney sucks, he's an evil bastard who along with his soul mate W make up the worst tandem this country has seen since Nixon / Agnew, and these two losers probably are the worst ever.
Goobieman said:
And, as usual, You didnt address the point.

It was reported to the press the next morning.
Who stonewalled?
Who deceived?
How so?
If you lack the common sense to already know that waiting until the next morning is bad form then there is no point debating with you. I've already provided links to Republicans stating that it was wrong to wait, so give up your prideful posts and admit the truth, it's not tough you know...

fooligan said:
Okay. Let's pretent it's a big deal.

What difference does it make?

Three weeks from now you'll be latched onto something else ;)
It's simply another example of the pattern of deception that this White House perpertrates regularly. They lack the ability to be honest, to admit their mistakes and because they're so damn clueless they keep getting raked over the coals. They lack the intelligence to know that if you make a mistake the best way to deal with it is to admit you screwed up and it goes away.

The attitude of these assholes is that they are above the law (see NSA) and that they don't owe anyone any explanation despite their being PUBLIC SERVANTS!

26 X World Champs said:
Cheney sucks, he's an evil bastard who along with his soul mate W make up the worst tandem this country has seen...
I think it's important that, every now and then, we stop debating and share our little opinions. :2wave:

26 X World Champs said:
that they don't owe anyone any explanation despite their being PUBLIC SERVANTS!
But this didn;t happen while serving the public. Why does Cheney owe you an explanation about this accident. He shot his buddy. He feels terrible. He got the man immediate medical attention. What does he owe you about this?

Back
Top Bottom