• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

VP Takes Full Responibility In Shooting

Harry Reed said any politician should come forward and tell the truth. Because Cheney did not immediately notify the National media, unlike the small town Tx newspaper that was contacted instead, and the accident not being made public immediately, the Bush Administration (How was Bush involved in the Shooting again?) is the most secretive in HISTORY!

I might suggest that the Kennedy assassination in which the files were sealed until all parties were dead to protect them might be an argument of why Reed might be wrong here...however,

I don't seem to recall Clinton rushing to notify the media when he had his big accident....you know...how he slipped, fell, and accidently stuck his 'slick willey' in Lewinski?! :rofl

Relax, folks - it's just a joke!

Doesn't the President have his own spin-doctors ? He knew a couple of hours after it happened? His press secretary could have handled that.Oh. the president was on another one of his vacations and couldn't be bothered.

The whole thing smells of poor judgement.

easyt65 said:
On WHAT Basis do you get that? There has been NO mention of alcohol in any of the reports. Eyewitnesses explained everything in detail! There was no alcohol...except the alcohol that was pulled outta your rear to post here!

The only basis I get it from is his prior two DUI's and he did admit to having a beer at lunch. Of course his "eyewitnesses" are not going to report alcohol use, because they were all his friends. I will tell you what though it took an awful long time to report.

I believe he feels horrible about it. I actually feel sorry for him, I can't imagine how that would feel to shoot a friend. There is no dought in my mind that it was an accident. I just simply wondered if there was drinking involved. If there was I'm not judging him for that, I drink myself. I think the media is over doing this.

Now grow up and stop with the personal attacks.

alphieb said:
Consider that Mr. Cheney has had two DUI's. He was probably drunk.

LOL

Man, I would love to be a drunk alcoholic politician. Sign me up next to Ted Kennedy.

Count me as another dem/lib who is proud of the way VP Cheney handled it. He has taken responsibility. Good on him. :applaud

But it is our business when something happens with one of our elected officials.
ted

Come on people, at least get the basic facts right...

Oh. the president was on another one of his vacations and couldn't be bothered.
Wrong.. the President was at the White House.

I will tell you what though it took an awful long time to report.
It was reported to the authorities within an hour which is all that matters.

Gill, I love the quote in your sig!

SixStringHero said:
LOL

Man, I would love to be a drunk alcoholic politician. Sign me up next to Ted Kennedy.

Between Bush and Cheney, they have had three DUI's. Now who were you referring too?

LOL, can't believe this is still "news". Wah I say to the media!

Besides, it's their own damn fault for not tailing him with reporters.

Wait a minute.

Us, Liberals gotta hear about Bill Clinton's sexual adventures for years on end. And we gotta see Howard Dean say 'YeeHaa!' at a democrat caucus on every t.v. show and "liberal" main stream media news show there is over and over and over again for 3 weeks straight during the '04 elections and a simple 'I'm sorry I just about killed someone on the taxpayers buck while hunting' is good enough?

If this were John Edwards' "accident", you conservatives would be calling for his resignation and saying how reckless democrats are.

And frankly I'm sick of your contempt and hatred.

If this were John Edwards' "accident", you conservatives would be calling for his resignation and saying how reckless democrats are.

Is there any doubt?

alphieb said:
Between Bush and Cheney, they have had three DUI's. Now who were you referring too?

I'm pretty sure Teddy has had some kind of DUI on his record as well. I was really referring to Cheney and Ted, but I didn't know about Bush's.

Saboteur said:
Us, Liberals gotta hear about Bill Clinton's sexual adventures for years on end. And we gotta see Howard Dean say 'YeeHaa!' at a democrat caucus on every t.v. show and "liberal" main stream media news show there is over and over and over again for 3 weeks straight during the '04 elections and a simple 'I'm sorry I just about killed someone on the taxpayers buck while hunting' is good enough?

And frankly I'm sick of your contempt and hatred.

Cheney is not the President. Cheney really has a worthless job unless W kicks the bucket.

Cheney so far has never lied under oath in front of a grand jury.

Cheney so far has not been impeached.

No one cares who Clinton had sex with. That is just a :spin: to cover up the real issue - lieing under oath. The news realized that sex sales, so that is what we saw. Blame that on the media - not us conservatives.

You must admit - that yeehaw was pretty ****in funny.

John Edwards isn't smart enough to own a gun.

vauge said:
Cheney is not the President. Cheney really has a worthless job unless W kicks the bucket.

Cheney so far has never lied under oath in front of a grand jury.

Cheney so far has not been impeached.

No one cares who Clinton had sex with. That is just a :spin: to cover up the real issue - lieing under oath. The news realized that sex sales, so that is what we saw. Blame that on the media - not us conservatives.

You must admit - that yeehaw was pretty ****in funny.

John Edwards isn't smart enough to own a gun.

Are we living in the same United States? Do you genuinely think that Cheney's job is worthless? vauge, he is the most powerful VP we have had. Get real.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah We have all heard the republican's talking points--he lied under oath--he lied under oath. Yawn.

aps said:
Are we living in the same United States? Do you genuinely think that Cheney's job is worthless? vauge, he is the most powerful VP we have had. Get real.
Pretty much. He is a powerful person, but he was that well before becoming VP.

The job itself isn't really much - show up a couple of times in the house and slap the gavel.
Say a few speeches to proclaim "the man" is on the right track.

Shoot a guy if he gets in your way.

Not much else to it really.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah We have all heard the republican's talking points--he lied under oath--he lied under oath. Yawn.
Hey, that's my talking point too! The President is not above the law, period. That...is...why Clinton was impeached, after all.

Oh, and the VP is the President of the Senate is he not? His job is a lot more important than mine is....

easyt65 said:
I don't care if it is 'Brad' or 'Jen' - its a NON-STORY!

It should be a non-story, but the vultures smell a possible kill. What they don't realize is that the tiger still has quite a bit of life left.

vauge said:
Pretty much. He is a powerful person, but he was that well before becoming VP.

The job itself isn't really much - show up a couple of times in the house and slap the gavel.
Say a few speeches to proclaim "the man" is on the right track.

haha... only my third post and I'm laughing :mrgreen:

Tell that to the VP at your company.

And if you're the VP, you're a very balanced VP! :2wave:

easyt65 said:
The whole point was that it was NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS - had NOTHING to do with YOU at all! Cheyne did not owe anyone except the man he shot an apology, and he did NOT have to do it on national T.V.

Jimminy Cricket! :doh

And, by God, SOMEONE needs to rein in the media. This was RIDICULOUS!
The same argument could have been made about Clinton and Monica.

scottyz said:
The same argument could have been made about Clinton and Monica.

As it was... many times over :doh

aps said:
Well didn't he?

KCConservative said:
Link please.

'tis true

Sadly, we're all stupid at least 57 times in our lives (random number pulled outta my head)... but very few of us are subject to this kind of scrutiny, so its much easier to hide :shock:

fooligan said:
'tis true

Sadly, we're all stupid at least 57 times in our lives (random number pulled outta my head)... but very few of us are subject to this kind of scrutiny, so its much easier to hide :shock:

Thanks, but I was looking for the link that supports the assertion that he was drunk in this instance.

Back
Top Bottom