• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

VP Cheney and the Media

*ahem* I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God.

I'm baaack.

Non-issue - Cheney waits a day before notifying the heralded 5th estate which for one reason or another now considers itself a co-equal branch of Government.

Issue - Secret Service blocks a Cheney interview with investigators for a day, was he drunk? Is he culpible for the accident? Who knows the interogation was postponed until Monday.

Funny issue - The Charicature of Cheney cocking a shotgun and blasting away in a frantic rage all the while wearing that giant grin of his (you know the one). I have it on good authority that the victim was making reference to Cheney's daughters sexual preference at the time of the shooting.... watch out Edwards.

Hunting accidents happen to people using poor judgement.In this case taking a ground-level shot not knowing where everyone in the hunting party were.

tumbleweed said:
I think the presidents interest was that it wouldn't appear to the public he is always the last one to know what actually is, or was, going on.Even if it was just to tell him it was the other guy who got shot. It shows poor judgement IMO

Err...if you watched Scott brief the press, he made it clear that Bush knew about the incident soon after it happened. He just didn't see the big deal. (Hunting Accidents are fairly uncommon, but while bird hunting, several people a year get peppered.) So, GW knew. Cheney actually left it to Ms. Armstrong, the property owner to notify the press.
She did. She called her local paper. They just didn't see it as a major issue, so they finally moved on it...hours later. The big issue? The major media got scooped by Billy Bob's Corner Journal. Nothing else.

tumbleweed Hunting accidents happen to people using poor judgement.In this case taking a ground-level shot not knowing where everyone in the hunting party were.

And you must also address Mr. Whittington's liability in this as well. When approaching a hunter from his blind side, always sound off loudly and clearly. Never remove your eyes from hunters who have their guns in their hands, as you may be required to...gasp...DUCK!!!
He approached from the side that wasn't where he started. What happened here? A series of bad judgements and bad luck, all working together to cause an accident. There are a bunch of shoulda/coulda/woulda's.
A gun safety course would have no bearing on this, as the hunting party is all well past their prime. I'm certain that if they'd sucked down their Geritol that morning and taken their one a days, none of this would have happened. :confused:

Grand Jury Investigation?!

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/15/p...&ex=1140670800&partner=MYWAY&pagewanted=print

Cheyne could face a Federal Grand Jury Investigation (FGJI) if the shooting victim dies?!

:ranton:

Come ON! It was a freakin' hunting accident!

The local police chief already did his own investigation and came up with the obvious conclussion that it was an ACCIDENT! Witnesses say the victim walked up beside Cheyne to a point where he had not been previously (MISTAKE) - Cheyne was unaware of his presence (MISTAKE - know your surroundings, especially before you shoot), bird takes off, Cheyne turns, and >BLAM< - he shoots his bud (MISTAKE, see last note).

NOW the NY Times is talking about a FGJI if the victim dies. Nevermind that the attending physician has said that, despite the heart attack, the victim will live a long and happy life - NO chance of death!

Yet, we are willing to hold a FGJI, at the expense of MILLIONS to tax payer dollars, to investigate a HUNTING ACCIDENT?! :doh 1st the federal govt sticks its nose into governing baseball -now you telling me that the Federal goverment is going to start holding FGJIs on EVERY Huntiong Accidents that occur every year in this country...or only those that involve Republicans?

One reporter said the majority of their frustration was that no one notified them until the next day! Well La-Tee-Da, and who the h@ll cares! Pi$$ off! There is no freakin' law that the VP has to alert the media of JACK! Deal with it!

Good GOSH, GIVE IT A BREAK! :rantoff:

Last edited:
Blue Collar Joe said:
And you must also address Mr. Whittington's liability in this as well.

Aahhhh..the ol' Republican mantra...'But, mom, Johnny did it too!!!'

Blue Collar Joe said:
...DUCK!!!

Leno said that was Cheney's new line of cologne...:rofl

Blue Collar Joe said:
A gun safety course would have no bearing on this, as the hunting party is all well past their prime. I'm certain that if they'd sucked down their Geritol that morning and taken their one a days, none of this would have happened. :confused:

Now you've taken this just a little too far!!!......LOL :lol:

The REAL Truth is starting to come out! I saw this GREAT interview with a reporter and a Republican Senator, and friend of Cheyne, just now.

The Reporter said she finds fault with 'this administration' (The administration didn't go hunting, lady - it was Cheyne') for being so secretive. The Senator ripped her/the press for being upset at the bottom-line fact that the media knew nothing about the incident until the ranch owner called the local newspaper, that they were scooped by a small town newspaper!

The female reporter then went into a rant demanding that Cheyne owes an apology for the incident. The Senator ripped her again by saying that Cheyne had contacted and seen his friend, the victim, several times and had apologized several times. 'All necessary apologies have been given, and the VP doesn't owe the national media any kind of apology!

THAT is the bottom line! The media is pi$$ed about being scooped by a small town newspaper and wants - DEMANDS - an apology from Cheyne! :rofl Well, they are in-freakin'-sane and can wait until h@ll freezes over! :doh :2razz:

Back
Top Bottom