• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Voting trend in 2022

gbg3

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I am very glad to hear of this trend! I hope more and more voters continue to return to polling places.

"The great vote-by-mail wave appears to be receding just as quickly as it arrived.

After tens of millions of people in the United States opted for mail ballots during the pandemic election of 2020, voters in early primary states are returning in droves to in-person voting this year.

In Georgia, one of the mostly hotly contested states, about 85,000 voters had requested mail ballots for the May 24 primary, as of Thursday. That is a dramatic decrease from the nearly 1 million who cast mail ballots in the state’s 2020 primary at the height of the coronavirus pandemic."

I am very glad to hear of this trend! I hope more and more voters continue to return to polling places.

"The great vote-by-mail wave appears to be receding just as quickly as it arrived.

After tens of millions of people in the United States opted for mail ballots during the pandemic election of 2020, voters in early primary states are returning in droves to in-person voting this year.

In Georgia, one of the mostly hotly contested states, about 85,000 voters had requested mail ballots for the May 24 primary, as of Thursday. That is a dramatic decrease from the nearly 1 million who cast mail ballots in the state’s 2020 primary at the height of the coronavirus pandemic."

But what will it change in your mind if people like Trump still call fraud without any evidence whatsoever?

Nothing.

You guys will come up with more lies.

I like her quote. It's not foolproof but she has a very good point. When I was a young voter, I think the only way I could vote was at my polling place, of which the location was mailed to me prior to the election. I arrived, I was located on their list of people eligible to vote at that particular location, my picture ID was checked, it was noted on their list that I had completed voting, etc. All sorts of checks and balances had taken place before I entered that voting booth.
While I imagine there was a process for those who would be out of town that day, I can't remember what it was and I don't think I ever required it.

"Debbie Hamby, a nurse who lives in Kennesaw, north of Atlanta, said she supports limits on mail ballots and believes voting in-person is more secure. She, too, voted early last week.

“There’s not a question as to who the person is if you have your license and identity,” Hamby said. “You can see the person in the picture is the person who’s voting, and we know that it’s an honest vote.”"

But what will it change in your mind if people like Trump still call fraud without any evidence whatsoever?

Nothing.

Why you going to impeach Trump again and make his name toxic for the moderate voters, there by stealing an election?

This ain't a surprise.

2020 was shaped by Covid and people who were educated (= Democrats) opted to vote by mail - instead of standing in line at the polls, infecting other people.

Things are returning to normal now.
Good thing the ballots were printed on the back of fruit loop cereal boxes , Kool cigarettes, Colt 45 beer cans so the democrats would send them in

Did that AP article you linked to lean left or what?

Nothing.

Jeez, the thread is not about what you state will happen in my mind in the future and it's not about Trump. Are you here just to disrupt?

The thread is about the decrease in mail in ballots being requested and the notable increase in people returning to polling places.

2020 was shaped by Covid and people who were educated (= Democrats) opted to vote by mail
Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? The snark side?

Things are returning to normal now.
That's a good thing. In person voting is a good trend to return to IMO. I think it offers the voters and those processing votes a higher degree of confidence in voter integrity.

Did that AP article you linked to lean left or what?

It sure did (dramatically laughably in parts, as is so common these days)! But regardless of its lean, I still like the direction and numbers it did present in regard to 2022 in person voting patterns.

Regarding the lean, I think so much media has just made a joke of themselves (and really damaged ratings and viewer numbers) with their blatant and silly overdone leanings.

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? The snark side?

Snark ?

It is just the truth.

Democrats voted by mail because they had empathy with other people, something Republicans lack.

They didn't want to infect other people at the polling lines.

They didn't vote by mail because they wanted to commit fraud, like Trumpists claim. Every ballot requested was recorded and properly cast, just like in an in-person precinct.

The assumption that mail voting is insecure is a myth.

Look at Oregon, which has conducted its elections exclusively by mail since 30 years and virtually no evidence of fraud has been found.

Republicans will make it difficult to vote by mail if they haven't already. Unfortunately, the only way to fight back is to stand in their lines. Also, especially if you live in a right wing state, check online to make sure that you're still registered to vote.

Also:

Republican states like Utah or Montana are also all-mail states, meaning all elections are conducted by mail ballots only.

And no fraud there either. Everything smooth. And they are not becoming more Democratic either (except long-term, if more Democratic people move there maybe).

Good thing the ballots were printed on the back of fruit loop cereal boxes , Kool cigarettes, Colt 45 beer cans so the democrats would send them in
Oh look, racism. What a surprise.

I smoke kools once and awhile, me thinks your reading into something that's not there
Riiiiiiiight. That's why you included that criterion.

Quit trying to cover yourself and just admit what you meant. You republicans think you're so clever with this crap but you aren't fooling anyone.

I like her quote. It's not foolproof but she has a very good point. When I was a young voter, I think the only way I could vote was at my polling place, of which the location was mailed to me prior to the election. I arrived, I was located on their list of people eligible to vote at that particular location, my picture ID was checked, it was noted on their list that I had completed voting, etc. All sorts of checks and balances had taken place before I entered that voting booth.
While I imagine there was a process for those who would be out of town that day, I can't remember what it was and I don't think I ever required it.

"Debbie Hamby, a nurse who lives in Kennesaw, north of Atlanta, said she supports limits on mail ballots and believes voting in-person is more secure. She, too, voted early last week.

“There’s not a question as to who the person is if you have your license and identity,” Hamby said. “You can see the person in the picture is the person who’s voting, and we know that it’s an honest vote.”"
I'm sorry but that is a bullshit argument. I think last election was the first time I used a mail in ballot and guess who sent me that mail in ballot? It wasn't some guy standing on the street corner with thousands of ballots, it was my supervisor of elections of my county and yet the right wants to act like mail in ballots come from china and are made from bamboo. It's not 1972 any longer. I find it difficult to believe the stories of all the fraudulent voting and election fraud the right has been pushing for six years now. I expect the same lie to be repeated by more than a few republican candidates, if they lose it's because the election was rigged against them. Same old song and dance.

Now, GA needs to crack down on the vote counters...make them follow the law when they do their jobs.

Back
Top Bottom