• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Voting technology company Smartmatic files $2.7 billion lawsuit against Fox News, Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell over 'disinformation campaign'

As we have seen from NewsMax, these people are scared shitless as they all know they lied
Arizona doesn't want the machines examined. Go figure, eh?

The Fascist party is over. The grownups are back in charge.
It's a good start, as is the vote to not punish Liz Cheney, but I'll believe that responsible adults are back in charge as soon as the Senate convicts. Otherwise we still live with a crazy step mom who drinks vodka at noon and tells dad lies about you when he gets home.

It's a good start, as is the vote to not punish Liz Cheney, but I'll believe that responsible adults are back in charge as soon as the Senate convicts. Otherwise we still live with a crazy step mom who drinks vodka at noon and tells dad lies about you when he gets home.
By 'grownups' I meant Biden et al. There's still a bunch of toddlers running around peeing on the carpet and eating stuff they find in the cat litter box.

Arizona doesn't want the machines examined. Go figure, eh?
It is not Arizona. It is a small group in the Republican Party that has pushed the Maricopa County machines to be audited. They don't want a statewide audit or an audit in counties Trump lost. They also do not want any audit to election results they won. Go figure, eh?

How many hand counts, verification of machine accuracy does one political party need to be done before they are happy.

So far the Biden era hasn't turned out too well for Fox "News."

CNN Smashes Ratings Records; Has Most-Watched Month on Record
CNN RANKS #1 IN CABLE NEWS IN JANUARY ACROSS THE BOARD;

FOX Has Significant Ratings Declines in January

Geezus. They literally dominated across all demos & time slots. Wow! And Cuomo knocked-off Hannity! How about that?

I love how Smartmatic's law suit begins: "The earth is round." News to the far right!!!

INTRODUCTION
1. The Earth is round. Two plus two equals four. Joe Biden and Kamala Harris won the 2020 election for President and Vice President of the United States. The election was not stolen, rigged, or fixed. These are facts. They are demonstrable and irrefutable.
2. Defendants have always known these facts. They knew Joe Biden and Kamala Harris won the 2020 U.S. election. They knew the election was not stolen.
They knew the election was not rigged or fixed. They knew these truths just as they knew the Earth is round and two plus two equals four.
3. Defendants did not want Joe Biden and Kamala Harris to win the election. They wanted President Donald Trump and Vice President Michael Pence to win re-election. Defendants were disappointed. But they also saw an opportunity to capitalize on President Trump’s popularity by inventing a story. Defendants decided to tell people that the election was stolen from President Trump and Vice President Pence.
4. Defendants had an obvious problem with their story. They needed a villain. They needed someone to blame. They needed someone whom they could get others to hate. A story of good versus evil, the type that would incite an angry mob, only works if the storyteller provides the audience with someone who personifies evil.

Rats, Tex, you beat me to it! But having it posted twice is okay. The truth often bears repeating!

5. Without any true villain, Defendants invented one.

Hey. It's what they do.

7. Having invented their story, and created their villain, Defendants set about spreading the word. In November and December 2020, Fox News broadcasted thirteen (13) reports stating and implying that Smartmatic had stolen the 2020 U.S. election. They repeated the story in articles and social media postings. Night after night, publication after publication, Fox News reached out to its millions of viewers and readers around the world with a story: Joe Biden and Kamala Harris did not win the 2020 election; Smartmatic stole the election for them.

Geeze, this makes great reading! Who knew legal documents could read like storybooks!?!

Good luck to Smartmatic in this lawsuit. When they win, and they will win, radical right wing news outlets will think twice about lying to the American people. Dominion and Smartmatic should also go after those that promoted the same bs on the AM dial. People like Limbaugh should also be named.

Those who defamed Smartmatic and Dominion should be held accountable for their conduct. The gravity and malice of those who sought to bring ruin to Smartmatic and Dominion to advance far-fetched conspiracy theories they knew had no basis in fact was very damaging to both companies. If such conduct is ignored, it would set a damaging precedent that would encourage more such abuses in the future.

10. Smartmatic’s loss was Defendants’ gain. Fox News used the story to preserve its grip on viewers and readers and curry favors with the outgoing administration – one of their anchors was even able to get a pardon for her ex-husband. Ms. Powell used the story to raise money and enrich herself. Mr. Giuliani used the story to guarantee himself a flow of funds from the sitting President and to sell products. Defendants knew the story could not change the outcome of the election. It could, and did, make them money.
12. With this action, Smartmatic says: Enough. Facts matter. Truth matters. Defendants engaged in a conspiracy to spread disinformation about Smartmatic. They lied. And they did so knowingly and intentionally. Smartmatic seeks to hold them accountable for those lies and for the damage that their lies have caused.

Right-wing media doesn't do well in arenas where facts and truth matter. Doesn't look good for the defendants. :cool:

Most defamation lawsuits go nowhere. Smartmatic and Dominion are excellent examples of legitimate slam-dunk defamation cases.

In my fantasy, the settlement would require the defendants to correct the record every night until the number of Republicans who believe the election was stolen is reduced to below 5%. So long as a single poll finds over 5% of Republicans believing Biden stole the election, everybody at Fox will have to repeat the truth every single night.

Now, of course, that's not going to happen. But it would be pretty cool if it did.

The thing is now those in the lawsuit will have to lawyer up and have to shoulder that expense. I don't feel bad for them though, because if you're going to implicate companies with no evidence, then this is often what you'll get.

The thing is now those in the lawsuit will have to lawyer up and have to shoulder that expense. I don't feel bad for them though, because if you're going to implicate companies with no evidence, then this is often what you'll get.

As someone else said, I hope Rudy and Sydney represent themselves! That would be so much fun to watch

My fantasy is Giuliani on the street carrying a cardboard sign begging for a dollar.
Mine has Trump right beside him and Borat punks them both.;)

“We are going to take a strong look at our country’s libel laws, so that when somebody says something that is false and defamatory about someone, that person will have meaningful recourse in our courts,” Mr. Trump said during a public portion of a cabinet meeting in the White House.
The president added, “Our current libel laws are a sham and a disgrace and do not represent American values or American fairness.”

Donald Trump, January, 2018

”The lawsuit, filed in New York state court, accused Fox, Giuliani, Powell and hosts Lou Dobbs, Maria Bartiromo, and Jeanine Pirro of intentionally lying about Smartmatic in an effort to mislead the public into the false belief that the 2020 presidential election was stolen from former President Donald Trump.”

Rudy is gonna need some cash........

Maybe Trump will pay him this time.

Yep. Keep 'em comin', I hope!

Only over a week into the new administration, and I'm blown away with the progress I'm seeing. Hell, they even classified Proud Boys as a terrorist organization.
That was Canada declaring them a Terror Group/Org
Lawsuits are just beginning. RWNJ Media are looking over their insurance policies and what they may be able to settle for

Remember all the legal prognosticators who said these companies wouldn't sue because it would open them up to discovery? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I love this. Clearly, the criminal justice system is impotent to punish these fascists but I am overjoyed that civil courts can still stand against their lies and apathy to the results. Yes Virginia, indeed, there ARE consequences and these traitors will be hit where they live.
And all the major players involved with Stop the Steal, will mostly walk away clean, and that would be just the politicians who rode this lie and are shocked I say, shocked the Capitol Insurrection could happen

It is not Arizona. It is a small group in the Republican Party that has pushed the Maricopa County machines to be audited. They don't want a statewide audit or an audit in counties Trump lost. They also do not want any audit to election results they won. Go figure, eh?

How many hand counts, verification of machine accuracy does one political party need to be done before they are happy.
He lost Arizona only by a little and Arizona is fighting tooth and nail to hide the ball.

Back
Top Bottom