• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Voting straight ticket

skeptic llc

Testing
Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Anyone voting a straight party ticket even though they don't completely agree with their party? If so, why?

NOTE JUST FOR BLUESMOKE -- I'M GOING TO WAIT POLITELY TO LET PEOPLE ANSWER, I THINK YOUR CLAIMED RULE IS WEIRD, BUT WORRY NOT FRAGILE FLOWER, I DID VOTE STRAIGHT PARTY TICKET, I DON'T REMOTELY AGREE WITH MY PARTY 100%, AND I WILL EXPLAIN WHY I NONETHELESS VOTED THAT WAY SOON ENOUGH.

Anyone voting a straight party ticket even though they don't completely agree with their party? If so, why?

NOTE JUST FOR BLUESMOKE -- I'M GOING TO WAIT POLITELY TO LET PEOPLE ANSWER, I THINK YOUR CLAIMED RULE IS WEIRD, BUT WORRY NOT FRAGILE FLOWER, I DID VOTE STRAIGHT PARTY TICKET, I DON'T REMOTELY AGREE WITH MY PARTY 100%, AND I WILL EXPLAIN WHY I NONETHELESS VOTED THAT WAY SOON ENOUGH.
Don't have a Party, the State says no straight ticket on the ballot this year, voted for only for the Dems, felt Good

I was a Dem a long time ago, always had an Indie streak, and actually was an Indie for many years. Until Trump. Now, I'm a card carrying Democrat who's proud to pull a straight Dem ticket! (y)

I'm so disgusted with the way the Republican Party has protected & enabled Donald Trump, including during his impeachment, that I cannot in good conscience vote for any Republican.

Anyone voting a straight party ticket even though they don't completely agree with their party?

I don't agree with some of the Dems proposals that have wide support in the party, but I voted straight ticket.

If so, why?

1. Trump enablers don't belong in Congress or anywhere else at any level of government.

2. I would have made an exception for a Republican governor I like (some of them effectively gave Trump the finger) but that was not a choice for me.

I consider myself an independent voter but voted straight democrat this time as a message to the republicans for letting this assclown of a president go unchecked and do a lot of harm to our country.

Same thing here as others are saying. I was an independent until Bush Jr., then an independent-minded D until Trump, and now I just vote straight D ticket, hold my nose, and hope for a day when I can be independent again. Where the choices were two Ds I picked the more moderate one, and where someone ran unopposed I did not vote ... but otherwise, every vote I cast was to try to prevent the country from going down the current R path, because that's the screaming priority at the moment.

I consider myself an independent voter but voted straight democrat this time as a message to the republicans for letting this assclown of a president go unchecked and do a lot of harm to our country.
Ditto. I was an Indie for many years, and voted Republican several times during that period. But now thanks to Trump, I'm a card carrying Democrat! I believe I'm fighting for liberty, the Constitution, and egalitarianism. I'm proud of Pelosi and her fellow Dems for impeaching Trump. I'm disgusted with the Republicans for protecting him. And I found the grassroots movements of the many freshmen 2018 Dem House Members to be inspiring!

Same thing here as others are saying. I was an independent until Bush Jr., then an independent-minded D until Trump, and now I just vote straight D ticket, hold my nose, and hope for a day when I can be independent again. Where the choices were two Ds I picked the more moderate one, and where someone ran unopposed I did not vote ... but otherwise, every vote I cast was to try to prevent the country from going down the current R path, because that's the screaming priority at the moment.
Great choice of words, in the bolded! (y)

Sure, hopefully the Democratic Party keeps it's head on it's shoulders and charts a strong way forward not giving into their fringes or radical ideas (unless they're good).

Unfortunately there's only 2 major parties. And the R's need to go. They've shown they care for party more than country for 12 yrs now.
Not that the Ds are any better, but there's only 2 options. D's turn to crap on America.

I've always voted a split ticket based entirely on issues and individuals. For the first time in my life I voted straight Democratic ticket.

Frankly, the GOP members of congress and the senate left me no damned choice.

I would've voted straight Democratic but unfortunately, Joe Biden was the only Democrat on my ballot.
Everyone else was a Republican running unopposed other than Tom Cotton.
I did vote for his opponent, Libertarian candidate Ricky Dale Harrington Jr.

Kind of, sort of, but not in the way people think.

I will be voting to reelect Rep. Don Young (R) for his 25th term and Sen. Dan Sullivan (R) for his second term, but not for President Trump (R). Instead, I will be voting for a conservative for President, Joe Miller a Republican from Alaska. I never vote for leftist freaks, regardless to which political party they happen to be registered with at the time. So while everyone at the national level that I will be voting for will be members of the Republican Party, I will not be voting for the Republican candidate for President.

Back
Top Bottom