• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Voting Rights Official Calls Dismissal of Black Panther Case a Travesty of Justice

The Prof

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
FOXNews.com - Voting Rights Official Calls Dismissal of Black Panther Case a 'Travesty of Justice'

The Justice Department is ignoring civil rights cases that involve white victims and wrongly abandoned a voter intimidation case against the New Black Panther Party last year, a top department official testified Friday. He called the department's conduct a "travesty of justice."

1. Obama's DOJ harbors a "deep seated opposition to the equal enforcement of the Voting Rights Act against racial minorities and for the protection of white voters who have been discriminated against."

2. Holder's agents foster a "hostile atmosphere against race neutral enforcement."

3. Legally speaking, "white voters have an interest in being able to go to the polls without having race-haters such as Black Panther King Samir Shabazz, whose public rhetoric includes such statements as 'kill cracker babies,' standing at the entrance of the polling place with a billy club in his hand hurling racial slurs at voters."

4. United States Attorney Chris Coates is a card carrying ACLU'er.

5. His sworn testimony before the Civil Rights Commission Thursday echoes almost verbatim the accounts of JC Adams, another vet of the Division, at the start of summer.

6. Coates was subpoenaed to appear a year ago.

7. He was instructed by Holder's department NOT to tell.

8. He says he just couldn't take it anymore.

9. He is seeking WHISTLE BLOWER protection.

10. Exactly what departmental PERSECUTION does Mr Coates apprehend?

11. He's only in SC because he was TRANSFERRED there AFTER making known his disposition towards the department.

Justice Dept. moves Panthers pursuer to S.C. - Washington Times

12. Congressman Frank Wolf of Pennsylvania sent a letter to Holder WARNING the pardoner of Marc Rich NOT to go after in any way the WITNESS.

13. George W What's-His-Name's DOJ initiated CIVIL action against the 3 Panthers in Philly in the few months between the incident's occurrence and Obama's inauguration.

14. Holder picked up the case and won a default judgement when the defendants FAILED TO APPEAR.

15. The DOJ then inexplicably DISMISSED the proceeding when Mr Shabazz agreed not to visit, brandishing his billy club, any polling places within Philadelphia for 2 years.

16. The DOJ's rationale for dropping its action, Coates testified under oath, was hollow---a local cop on the day released one of the Panthers because he believed the hate-caller was a DEMOCRATIC poll watcher.

17. "Given this outrageous conduct, it is a travesty of justice that the DOJ did not allow nationwide injunctive relief."

18. One has only to substitute a klansman into the identical equation to perceive the injustice in its racial reverse, explained Coates.

19. He's only enunciating the obvious.

20. YOUR problem is the totally CHARACTERISTIC quality of this incident, which rings so real, looks so like, colors so consistently.

21. This is the DOJ, after all, which wants to move KSM to Manhattan, jumps to mirandize Mutallab, SUES the PEOPLE of Arizona on THREE separate matters, like a VENDETTA.

22. The Department of Justice APPEARS anti white.

23. YOUR problem is IF it is.

24. This story is NOT about any pathetic pride of Panthers in the City of Brotherly Love.

25. No, it's about YOUR (and my) DOJ.

26. Coates and Adams name names, the same names.

27. This event POLITICALLY is not going to go away.

28. When hardworking Darrell Issa of House Judiciary gets subpoena power, expect some DIGGING---and some FINDING.

The Prof

Re: Voting Rights Official Calls Dismissal of Black Panther Case a Travesty of Justic

Horrible decision and it should be investigated.

My favorite part of the article is...
The Bush Justice Department first brought the case against three members of the Black Panther group, accusing them in a civil complaint of violating the Voting Rights Act. The Obama administration initially pursued the case and at one point won a default judgment, but the administration last year moved to dismiss the charges after getting one of the New Black Panther members to agree not to carry a "deadly weapon" near a polling place until 2012.

Obama: "We'll dismiss all the charges if you promise not to do it again until after I leave office."

Re: Voting Rights Official Calls Dismissal of Black Panther Case a Travesty of Justic

Horrible decision and it should be investigated.

My favorite part of the article is...

Obama: "We'll dismiss all the charges if you promise not to do it again until after I leave office."

Does, "...until 2012. ", mean that he can carry a deadly weapon at a polling house during the 2012 election, or does he have to wait until 2013? :rofl

does "in philadelphia" mean he can take his nitestick to atlanta?

does "in philadelphia" mean he can take his nitestick to atlanta?

Yes it does

Oh Lord please don't let me be misunderstood
Why these look like really friendly folks the kind you want at your back yard BBQ or your next Bar Mitzvah, or even debutant ball.

Black%20Panthers%20support%20Obama.jpg

Come on you have to be blind. deaf and a dumb ass not to know by now that Obama is a racist. He went to Rev. Wrights black Liberation Theology based Church nearly every Sundy for 20 years and at it's core it's Anti-American, Anti-Constitution, Anti-Capitalism, and Anti-White People.

Look at his racist comments: Cambridge police acted 'stupidly and that before he had any facts what ever.

What a MAROON!

Obama fired IG, Gerald Walpin, who had been investigating the misuse of federal AmeriCorps funds by a nonprofit group run by Kevin Johnson, Obama supporter who's now the black mayor of Sacramento.

He did this in violation of the laws governing such actions, and he got away with it.

Those who stand for nothing fall for anything "like OBama's BS."

Last edited:

Actually the position of the DoJ has been anti-white cases even in the Bush years. This has been going on for a while and this policy to not bring cases where white voter were involved. I'm thinking that this isn't unique to Obama nor is it proof he's a racist. I mean he still maybe but this instance isn't the smoking gun. I do agree that this policy is BS and either the law applies to all equally or to none and must be changed.

You got a problem with card carrying ACLU'ers, Prof?

"Voting Rights Official Calls Dismissal of Black Panther Case a Travesty of Justice"

This isn't about the Black Panthers. This is regarding the New Black Panther Party. They are completely different. Leave it to Fox to do something so stupid.

Actually the position of the DoJ has been anti-white cases even in the Bush years. This has been going on for a while and this policy to not bring cases where white voter were involved. I'm thinking that this isn't unique to Obama nor is it proof he's a racist. I mean he still maybe but this instance isn't the smoking gun. I do agree that this policy is BS and either the law applies to all equally or to none and must be changed.

You're quite right. After listening to Coates testimony it is obvious the department does not treat whites the same as blacks and other minorities when it comes to voter intimidation. It is the whole department minus a few and not just the Obama administration. Heads need to roll.
This was all going on while we were being distracted by Colbert's testimony before Congress. :)

"Voting Rights Official Calls Dismissal of Black Panther Case a Travesty of Justice"

This isn't about the Black Panthers. This is regarding the New Black Panther Party. They are completely different. Leave it to Fox to do something so stupid.

Of course, the "New Black Panther Party" has like four members as far as I can tell...

Of course, the "New Black Panther Party" has like four members as far as I can tell...

Going to their website alone might help your "search" :roll:

NewBlackPanther.org

You got a problem with card carrying ACLU'ers, Prof?

that's what you took away from this?

that microscope is mitochondrial

This isn't about the Black Panthers. This is regarding the New Black Panther Party. They are completely different.

well, doesn't that just change everything

The Dayton [ohio] Police Department is lowering its testing standards for recruits. It's a move required by the U.S. Department of Justice after it says not enough African-Americans passed the exam.

Dayton is in desperate need of officers to replace dozens of retirees. The hiring process was postponed for months because the D.O.J. rejected the original scores provided by the Dayton Civil Service Board, which administers the test. Under the previous requirements, candidates had to get a 66% on part one of the exam and a 72% on part two. The D.O.J. approved new scoring policy only requires potential police officers to get a 58% and a 63%. That's the equivalent of an ‘F’ and a ‘D’.

“It becomes a safety issue for the people of our community,” said Dayton Fraternal Order of Police President, Randy Beane. “It becomes a safety issue to have an incompetent officer next to you in a life and death situation." “The NAACP does not support individuals failing a test and then having the opportunity to be gainfully employed,” agreed Dayton NAACP President Derrick Foward.

The D.O.J. and Civil Service Board declined Dayton’s News Source’s repeat requests for interviews. The lower standards mean 258 more people passed the test. The city won't say how many were minorities.

The D.O.J. has forced other police departments across the country to lower testing standards, citing once again that not enough black candidates were passing. The Dayton Firefighter recruit exam is coming up this summer. The chief said it’s likely the passing score for that test will be lowered as well.

Dayton's News Source :: Top Stories - Civil Service Board Announces Police Recruit Scores

No, this isn't a racially motivated or divisive court decision at all.

Tell me now the Black Panthers are any different in their hearts than the Ku Klux Klan.

Back
Top Bottom