• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Voting For Third-Party Candidates - POTUS

Will you, would you vote Third-Party in 2016?

• Total voters
Cruz would appoint conservatives who will uphold the Constitution to the supreme court not far right judges and I seriously doubt Cruz would use executive orders the same way Obama does to create law.

Its because he makes a spectacle of praying with people in public, and opposing gay marriage on religious grounds that I would not be able to trust that he isn't using his religion as the basis of executive office decision making.

You don't need to run around preaching on the street corners to be religious........

Religion is between you and God. Jesus taught us that.

Not quite right....the Bible says go forth and spread the word.

Mark 16:15-16 - And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Matthew 28:19 - Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

So you want a guy who is religious in name only? Most people would call that being a phony.

Stephen Colbert teaches Sunday school. Ted Cruz makes a spectacle whenever religious issues come up and makes sure he's in the forefront of the news cycle when it does. Of the two, I'm fairly certain Colbert is 100% legit.

That was kind of a joke in that I don't think you could issue an executive order for something like that. But, it doesn't change the fact that he wants to shove his religious morals down everyone's throats. Being fiscally conservative is one thing but forcing his values on others is completely different.
Defending a state law is shoving your religious views down others throats?

Defending a state law is shoving your religious views down others throats?

I got off the dildo thing. Overall, he does want to shove all of his religious values on everyone else.

I got off the dildo thing. Overall, he does want to shove all of his religious values on everyone else.
I think you were trying to use the whole dildo thing to paint Cruz as some die hard religious extremist. And when that failed you tried to make it seem as though you were just joking about that while still trying to claim that he would shove religion down our throats. Amazing how to moderates IE RINOs that we are to believe that a RINO president would appoint conservatives to the supreme court and other appointed positions, but someone who is religious and a conservative or mostly conservative would shove religion down our throats.

I think you were trying to use the whole dildo thing to paint Cruz as some die hard religious extremist. And when that failed you tried to make it seem as though you were just joking about that while still trying to claim that he would shove religion down our throats. Amazing how to moderates IE RINOs that we are to believe that a RINO president would appoint conservatives to the supreme court and other appointed positions, but someone who is religious and a conservative or mostly conservative would shove religion down our throats.

Just because someone isn't a religious Zealot doesn't make them a RINO.

Nobody likes the candidates. Almost all tend to vote for the lessor of two evils.
So many refuse to vote for anything but a Dem or Rep for a variety of reasons.
I call that insanity, but so be it.

So with the coming election this fall, will you vote for a third-party candidate?

If not, why not? Especially if you feel the Rep and Dem candidates are the worst we've ever seen?

I wonder what percentage of DPers would go alternative. :mrgreen:

I think America would go into shock if a libertarian were elected. From what I've gathered a libertarian thinks most government agencies would be more efficient if those agencies were controlled and operated by the private sector. Depending on the candidate they will be for some small government agencies, but only to collect facts that will make legislation regarding specific situations fair. Gary Johnson for example wants to diminish the EPAs power while other libertarians want to abolish the EPA entirely.
The extremities they advocate regarding less government is unnerving, but that may only be because it is a form of government Americans like myself never put true consideration into. I've heard of less government agencies, like privatized police forces rather than state operated police forces. I wave off ideas like that as impractical, probably because I can't see a private security firm doing any better than our state police force. I actually presume that private security firms would be more corrupt and less lawful than our current police forces.
I don't know if any libertarian candidate is pushing for privatized police forces, it was just a thought that came in my head regarding less government agency in exchange for more private agencies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom