• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Voting Age For Women

responding to the OP, I have to say that sounds like discrimination to me. Regardless of the draft, all adult citizens should be allowed to vote at whatever age we deem "adult".

technically though, now that women can serve,they should allow both men and women to be drafted if the draft where to be instituted again.

whether that should be for front line duty or not, is up for debate.

Last edited:
When there's only two choices to vote from and the class is mixed on who they would vote for, obviously the teacher would have a different opinion than some of the students, based on who the teacher votes for, but they would have the same opinion as the students who would vote for the same candidate.

I’m not making myself clear my apologies. The point isn’t the decision. The he point is how the decision is arrived at. Did the 3rd graders actually understand the issues and make a informed decision based on that understanding?

Did the 3rd graders actually understand the issues and make a informed decision based on that understanding?

Yes, all the issues of each candidate were thoroughly discussed and studied in class. We were all really well informed on each candidate. I made my decision based on the issues. I would say I was more informed back then than lots of voting adults today.

Yes, all the issues of each candidate were thoroughly discussed and studied in class. We were all really well informed on each candidate. I made my decision based on the issues. I would say I was more informed back then than lots of voting adults today.

No way to dispute what you say. I’m skeptical that your garden variety 8 year is up to the task of making an informed decision that doesn’t include whether they’re going to eat Oreos or Chips Ahoy but that’s just me.

Bottom line though is you have to be a certain age same as most other things where young people are concerned. It’s not perfect but it gets the job done reasonably well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom