• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Voters Prefer Biden Over Trump on Almost All Major Issues, Poll Shows

MTAtech

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

On all other subjects tested in the poll, voters preferred Mr. Biden over Mr. Trump by modest or wide margins. Mr. Biden, the former vice president, is favored over Mr. Trump to lead on the coronavirus pandemic by 12 points, and voters trust Mr. Biden over Mr. Trump to choose Supreme Court justices and to maintain law and order by six-point margins. Americans see Mr. Biden as more capable of uniting the country by nearly 20 points.
Do you support or oppose each of the following:
SupportOppose
A new $2 trillion stimulus package 72%21%
A public health insurance option67%25%
Biden’s $2 trillion climate plan66%26%
A national mask mandate59%39%
The Affordable Care Act55%40%
Raising the corporate tax rate46%48%
Fracking44%42% undecided: 14%
A national coronavirus vaccine mandate32%63%

Last edited:

On all other subjects tested in the poll, voters preferred Mr. Biden over Mr. Trump by modest or wide margins. Mr. Biden, the former vice president, is favored over Mr. Trump to lead on the coronavirus pandemic by 12 points, and voters trust Mr. Biden over Mr. Trump to choose Supreme Court justices and to maintain law and order by six-point margins. Americans see Mr. Biden as more capable of uniting the country by nearly 20 points.

A new $2 trillion stimulus package Support
72%

21%
A public health insurance option
67%

25%
Biden’s $2 trillion climate plan
66%

26%
A national mask mandate
59%

39%
The Affordable Care Act
55%

40%
Raising the corporate tax rate
46%

48%
Fracking
44%
14%
42%
A national coronavirus vaccine mandate
32%

63%

Party Preference: 36% Democrat, 30% Republican, 30% Independent (4% not identified?)

Oversampling Democrats as always...

Interestingly how/when voting?

In Person on Election day: 50%

In Person before Election day: 23% (Me, I voted last week Wednesday). (y)

Vote by Mail: 24%

Don't know: 3%

I'd think Trump still has a good chance to win. 🤷‍♂️

Party Preference: 36% Democrat, 30% Republican, 30% Independent (4% not identified?)

Oversampling Democrats as always...

Interestingly how/when voting?

In Person on Election day: 50%

In Person before Election day: 23% (Me, I voted last week Wednesday). (y)

Vote by Mail: 24%

Don't know: 3%

I'd think Trump still has a good chance to win. 🤷‍♂️
Please explain how oversampling Democrats by 6% results in triple the approval (e.g. public option 67% to 25%) of policies that Biden is proposing?

Please explain how oversampling Democrats by 6% results in triple the approval (e.g. public option 67% to 25%) of policies that Biden is proposing?

I am a Trump voter. I also support some form of a "public option" for health insurance. My argument is about what kind, not against having one.

Thus THAT point is no argument either showing such a voter is "anti-Trump," or against voting for Trump. 🤷‍♂️

I am a Trump voter. I also support some form of a "public option" for health insurance. My argument is what kind, not against having one. 🤷‍♂️
Interesting. You support the guy who won't give you the polices that you want, instead of the candidate who will give you the polices that you want.

Interesting. You support the guy who won't give you the polices that you want, instead of the candidate who will give you the polices that you want.

Clearly you have blinded yourself to my post history.

1. I don't have to be 100% behind every plank of a platform to vote for a candidate. If they propose to do more things I like than their opponent, and are not against a few key issues (like upholding 2A individual rights), I can and will vote for them.

2. Trump has stated he is not against a "public option." He simply wants a different kind.

3. Stop "projecting" your viewpoint onto me...it is a silly thing to do. My positions have been VERY clear in this Forum. :coffee:

I am a Trump voter. I also support some form of a "public option" for health insurance. My argument is about what kind, not against having one.

Thus THAT point is no argument either showing such a voter is "anti-Trump," or against voting for Trump. 🤷‍♂️
Why the heck are you voting for Trump if that is your stance on healthcare? Trump has made it very clear he has no healthcare plan. Strange.

Why the heck are you voting for Trump if that is your stance on healthcare? Trump has made it very clear he has no healthcare plan. Strange.

Reading is fundamental. Simply look at post #6 above. :coffee:

SupportOppose
Reality Check

1603248134216.png

SupportOppose
A new $2 trillion stimulus package72%21%
Weren't you the poster who assured me that you took pride in not cherry picking polls? After accusing me repeatedly of cherry picking polls lol?

This is the New York Times. Nothing surpising here.

1. I don't have to be 100% behind every plank of a platform to vote for a candidate. If they propose to do more things I like than their opponent, and are not against a few key issues (like upholding 2A individual rights), I can and will vote for them.

2. Trump has stated he is not against a "public option." He simply wants a different kind.

3. Stop "projecting" your viewpoint onto me...it is a silly thing to do. My positions have been VERY clear in this Forum. :coffee:
You simply have bought Trump's flim-flam on healthcare (HC) (and maybe other issues too.) Let's review Trump's history on HC. He campaigned on promising the American people a “terrific,” “phenomenal” and “fantastic” new health care plan to replace the Affordable Care Act. On Sean Hannity’s radio show he said the replacement would be “something great.”

By March 2016, a blueprint, “Healthcare Reform to Make America Great Again,” was posted on his campaign website. It echoed popular GOP talking points but was skimpy on details.

During his speech accepting the Republican nomination in July 2016, Trump again promised to repeal Obamacare and alluded to ways his replacement would be better. And, by October, Trump promised that within his first 100 days in office he would repeal and replace Obamacare. During his final week of campaigning, he suggested asking Congress to come in for a special session to repeal the health care law quickly.

Trump told The Washington Post in a January 2017 interview that he was close to completing his health care plan and that he wanted to provide “insurance for everybody.”

He tweeted Feb. 17, 2017 that while Democrats were delaying Senate confirmation of Tom Price, his pick to lead the Department of Health and Human Services, the “repeal and replacement of ObamaCare is moving fast!”

And, on Feb. 28, 2017 in his joint address to Congress, Trump discussed his vision for replacing Obamacare. “The way to make health insurance available to everyone is to lower the cost of health insurance, and that is what we are going to do.”

During 2017, the GOP tried to pass an ACA replacement. What did that bill do? It got rid of the special ACA taxes and would have made health insurance so expensive that 20 million Americans wouldn't be able to afford it.

On Oct. 12, 2017, Trump signed an executive order allowing for health care plans to be sold that don’t meet the regulatory standards set up in the ACA. The next day, Trump tweeted, “ObamaCare is a broken mess. Piece by piece we will now begin the process of giving America the great HealthCare it deserves!”

Fast-forward to 2020. Trump has promised an Obamacare replacement plan five times so far this year. And the plan is always said to be just a few weeks away. As I said, Trump is flim-flamming on health care for over four years.

Last edited:

The problem there is he has not spoken about any kind of plan other than to repeal the ACA. His litigation to repeal the protection for pre-existing conditions doesn't have a replacement either. The GOP has had years to come up with another plan if they were so inclined, but they have not done so. Trump has seemingly failed to get the GOP to do so as well, since it's obvious they have no real response when pressed on the subject.

Thus far the only information Trump has provided is he wants something "better" and "cheaper", but with no outline or remote detail on how that will happen. Since repeal and replace the ACA was one of his big talking points in 2016. I'm not sure what Trump is actually planning to do since he's had almost 4 years but no plan to show at this point.

Thus THAT point is no argument either showing such a voter is "anti-Trump," or against voting for Trump.

The rattlesnake is totally against public options for health insurance.

"I will terminate health care." - Donald Trump.

You cannot be a Trump voter and support Medicare, Medicaid, the AARP, etc.

SupportOppose
I'd feel more comfortable if people actually voted for policies instead of personalities.

I've joked that Trump's health plan is a blank sheet of paper. Turns out its a bound book of blank sheets of paper.

Can't imagine why people trust Biden more on the issues.

Back
Top Bottom