• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Voters in North Carolina have received ballot request forms in the mail with Trump's face on them

W_Heisenberg

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Voters in North Carolina have receive absentee ballot request forms in the mail with Trump's face on them - CNNPolitics

Given the crisis facing the United States Postal Service before a presidential election, the last thing John Herter expected to receive in the mail Saturday was an absentee ballot request form with President Donald Trump's face on it.

"Is this a joke?" Herter said his wife told him as she opened up the mailer to reveal a photo of Trump grinning underneath the words, "Are you going to let the Democrats silence you? Act now to stand with President Trump."

Herter, of Lincoln County is among a group of voters in North Carolina to receive the mailer over the past few days after Trump said that he opposed crucial USPS funding because he doesn't want to see it used for mail-in voting this November.

This is a pretty shocking display of hypocrisy, deceit, and cynicism.

Am I in a Coma?

Why do things just keep getting weirder and weirder?

our trips to NC used to be something i looked forward to every year as a kid. it's sad that the Republicans there are making so many people dislike a lovely state. i'm sure that it won't be great for tourism.

NC GOP campaigns and informs. So, what's the problem? Are you a bit short on butt salve? :lol:

July 27, 2020 - "... The North Carolina Republican Party sent out a flyer to potential voters with two blank request forms for an absentee by mail ballot—an effort a spokesperson for the party said was to educate potential voters who their data analysts identified are likely to vote by mail. ...

“The mailer highlighted the portion of the tweet relevant to North Carolina voters. We, along with the President, oppose an all-mail election where all voters are simply mailed ballots without a request or authentication,” he said, adding: “We don’t want to confuse North Carolina’s absentee system with other states all-mail elections. We agree with the president that absentee ballot request system is safe and secure. We want to provide our voters with every opportunity to utilize this tool in an easy, safe and secure manner.”

In North Carolina, a voter does not need a reason to vote by mail—she or he can choose to do so, or vote in person early or on Election Day. ..."

Voters express concern over absentee flyer as state sees surge in mail ballot requests

our trips to NC used to be something i looked forward to every year as a kid. it's sad that the Republicans there are making so many people dislike a lovely state. i'm sure that it won't be great for tourism.

I lived there for a while and at the time the state government was well run. I was pretty pleasantly surprised. Then they went off the right wing rails and it's sad to see.

I'm worried the same thing is about to happen to Tennessee. We've had a string of pretty good governors - Bredesen (D) for eight years, then Haslam (R) and both were essentially pragmatists who did a pretty good job. Haslam got through free community college/trade school for every citizen, and we fund higher education four year scholarships for lots of better students. That was because businesses told the state our education system was holding back development, so they got that done. Our legislature is a den of right wing nuttery, but the worst of their inclinations haven't made it into law, yet. But we replaced Corker with nutjob Marsha Blackburn, and now Lamar! is about to be replaced by a guy who supported Trump in the primaries, so he's the real deal Trump MAGA.

Isn't this unsolicited stuff exactly what Trump claims he's against?

If it's done by a state led by a Democratic governor he doesn't like, it's the path of Voter Fraud!!

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 8.59.32 PM.jpg

Of course if his campaign does it, it's fine!

FWIW, in case anyone doesn't know, Trump was lying about Michigan sending out "absentee ballots." Shocking, I know! What Michigan mailed were exactly what his campaign is mailing which is the form to request a ballot.

What's funny is the NC GOP didn't include the full text of this series of tweets, probably because they look like they're posted by a deranged moron, and would make no sense to anyone requesting a ballot to vote by mail.

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 9.07.41 PM.jpg

How do you like that vote by mail, now?

Fine.

What's confusing is what Trump and the GOP think of vote by mail. It's the path of Voter Fraud, says Trump. Now he wants Republicans to go the path of Voter Fraud. Makes no sense to me but then Trump is a moron, and his followers apparently don't mind being told one thing one day and the opposite a few days later. They'll just change their views to whatever Trump said that day - no problemo!

I lived there for a while and at the time the state government was well run. I was pretty pleasantly surprised. Then they went off the right wing rails and it's sad to see.

I'm worried the same thing is about to happen to Tennessee. We've had a string of pretty good governors - Bredesen (D) for eight years, then Haslam (R) and both were essentially pragmatists who did a pretty good job. Haslam got through free community college/trade school for every citizen, and we fund higher education four year scholarships for lots of better students. That was because businesses told the state our education system was holding back development, so they got that done. Our legislature is a den of right wing nuttery, but the worst of their inclinations haven't made it into law, yet. But we replaced Corker with nutjob Marsha Blackburn, and now Lamar! is about to be replaced by a guy who supported Trump in the primaries, so he's the real deal Trump MAGA.

i had a several great childhood vacations in Tennessee, too. we all swam in a river off a mountain trail near Gatlinburg that we probably weren't supposed to swim in. i skinny dipped. oh, the fun.

i had a several great childhood vacations in Tennessee, too. we all swam in a river off a mountain trail near Gatlinburg that we probably weren't supposed to swim in. i skinny dipped. oh, the fun.

The swimming was probably fine. People get in the rivers all through the GSMNP, and I'm sure once you get a few miles from the parking area that skinny dipping happens all day every day. On the river we fished last weekend above Tremont, people had their lawn chairs set up in the pools on the lower end. Looked like they were enjoying themselves. We fished 3-4 miles upstream and lots of it was completely deserted, and too far from the trail to see. A little shallow to swim, but lots of hungry brook trout!

That's what's good about the park. We get about 10 million visitors a year, but about 9.5 million or so never get more than a half mile from the car. So walk in just a bit except on just a few of the most popular hikes and you have the place almost entirely to yourselves.

Last edited:
Fine.

What's confusing is what Trump and the GOP think of vote by mail. It's the path of Voter Fraud, says Trump. Now he wants Republicans to go the path of Voter Fraud. Makes no sense to me but then Trump is a moron, and his followers apparently don't mind being told one thing one day and the opposite a few days later. They'll just change their views to whatever Trump said that day - no problemo!

What makes you think Trump had something to do with this?

Been there once or twice. Legend has it that the trees are still blushing.

The swimming was probably fine. People get in the rivers all through the GSMNP, and I'm sure once you get a few miles from the parking area that skinny dipping happens all day every day. On the river we fished last weekend above Tremont, people had their lawn chairs set up in the pools on the lower end. Looked like they were enjoying themselves. We fished 3-4 miles upstream and lots of it was completely deserted, and too far from the trail to see. A little shallow to swim, but lots of hungry brook trout!

That's what's good about the park. We get about 10 million visitors a year, but about 9.5 million or so never get more than a half mile from the car. So walk in just a bit except on just a few of the most popular hikes and you have the place almost entirely to yourselves.

those were beautiful hikes. my parents wouldn't go to the water parks around there because they called them tourist traps, lol. they found our own water park instead, and that has made all the difference, to paraphrase Robert Frost.

Am I in a Coma?

Why do things just keep getting weirder and weirder?

You really do have to question if we are all hallucinating, given all the nonsense about this subject and it turns out President OrangeGlow just wanted his picture printed on them.

I'm not much of a fisherman. Not my thing. Well, except for a few bottle-bass back in the day. But brook trout? I'll eat those babies any day! :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom