• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Voters in North Carolina have received absentee ballot request forms in the mail with Trump's face

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
2020 election voters have received absentee ballot request forms in the mail with Trump's face on them - CNNPolitics

Voters in North Carolina have received absentee ballot request forms in the mail with Trump's face on them

CNN)Given the crisis facing the United States Postal Service before a presidential election, the last thing John Herter expected to receive in the mail Saturday was an absentee ballot request form with President Donald Trump's face on it.

"Is this a joke?" Herter said his wife told him as she opened up the mailer to reveal a photo of Trump grinning underneath the words, "Are you going to let the Democrats silence you? Act now to stand with President Trump."

Herter, of Lincoln County is among a group of voters in North Carolina to receive the mailer over the past few days after Trump said that he opposed crucial USPS funding because he doesn't want to see it used for mail-in voting this November.

During an interview on Fox News last week, Trump said that if USPS does not receive the additional $25 billion funding request that Democrats included in the ongoing stimulus negotiations, then he believes the Post Office won't be able to handle the influx of mail-in ballots in the upcoming election.

200816084310-02-nc-usps-trump-absentee-ballot-request-exlarge-169.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trump's trying to cheat to win the election is nothing new, it's what he was impeached for. We are officially a non-democracy. Not only is Trump's photo on the form, there's a political message on it.

Last edited:

apdst

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
2020 election voters have received absentee ballot request forms in the mail with Trump's face on them - CNNPolitics

Voters in North Carolina have received absentee ballot request forms in the mail with Trump's face on them

CNN)Given the crisis facing the United States Postal Service before a presidential election, the last thing John Herter expected to receive in the mail Saturday was an absentee ballot request form with President Donald Trump's face on it.

"Is this a joke?" Herter said his wife told him as she opened up the mailer to reveal a photo of Trump grinning underneath the words, "Are you going to let the Democrats silence you? Act now to stand with President Trump."

Herter, of Lincoln County is among a group of voters in North Carolina to receive the mailer over the past few days after Trump said that he opposed crucial USPS funding because he doesn't want to see it used for mail-in voting this November.

During an interview on Fox News last week, Trump said that if USPS does not receive the additional $25 billion funding request that Democrats included in the ongoing stimulus negotiations, then he believes the Post Office won't be able to handle the influx of mail-in ballots in the upcoming election.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trump's trying to cheat to win the election is nothing new, it's what he was impeached for. We are officially a non-democracy. Not only is Trump's photo on the form, there's a political message on it.

Well, y'all have been screaming for mail in ballots. Don't start crying, now.

Moot

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
If I got a ballot like that my first impulse would be to bring out the sharpie and make his face look better.

e42463174b2ebe12d5b61f7d5d1dc340.jpg

Crosscheck

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
All states have laws restricting campaigning within certain distance of the entrance or exit to a polling place on Election Day.

I think someone is in violation here.

it's just me

Non Bidenary
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Not a word in the Charlotte Observer about it...

d0gbreath

Yellow Dog Democrat
Banned
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Communist
I've already sent for my ballot using the form from vote.org. Two days ago I received a ballot request form from the State of Texas. I just checked, there's no ugly trump mug on there.

humbolt

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Given your political persuasion, if I were you, I wouldn't use such a ballot.

humbolt

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

I'm taking no chances with my vote, I'd rather risk Covid-19. I plan to be one of the first people on election day to cast my ballot in person.

humbolt

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I'm taking no chances with my vote, I'd rather risk Covid-19. I plan to be one of the first people on election day to cast my ballot in person.

Good for you. I plan to vote in person as well.

azgreg

Chicks dig the long ball
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I've received election propaganda that looks like official stuff from both parties over the years. This is nothing new.

tres borrachos

HoHoHo
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

Awesome!

Disgusting. I'd shred it for cat littler if I got it.

OrphanSlug

A sinister place...
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Well, y'all have been screaming for mail in ballots. Don't start crying, now.

Your acceptance of the Trump administration potentially in violation of the law by putting his own image and campaign efforts on the ballot itself is noted.

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Early vote.

Top Bottom