• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Voter fraud = right wing myth.

James D Hill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Voter fraud is so rare that NC has only 3 cases in ten years yet they voted to disenfranchise thousands of voters because of an almost non existant crime. In FL Rick Scott has made it harder to vote for tens of thousands because of 128 cases of voter fraud in 20 years in a state of 20 million. I ask you which is worse. A few cases of voter fraus or making it harder to vote for thousands? We all really know what the GOP is doing while hiding under the fake law and order attitude. Attacking liberal voters by making it harder to vote. I thought the GOP was against the government sticking its nose in our business. I guess not when it serves their purpose.

How can u possibly say voter fraud is a myth? link?

Everyone has an opinion; why is it always the radical left that defends voter fraud?

Voter fraud is so rare that NC has only 3 cases in ten years yet they voted to disenfranchise thousands of voters because of an almost non existant crime. In FL Rick Scott has made it harder to vote for tens of thousands because of 128 cases of voter fraud in 20 years in a state of 20 million. I ask you which is worse. A few cases of voter fraus or making it harder to vote for thousands? We all really know what the GOP is doing while hiding under the fake law and order attitude. Attacking liberal voters by making it harder to vote. I thought the GOP was against the government sticking its nose in our business. I guess not when it serves their purpose.

The real question is why the Left fights so hard against voter ID laws.

Why Hillary Clinton is going after voter ID laws

You are only stating the cases that have been uncovered. Like shoplifting, most get out of the store with their take without detection. You weren't around when Kennedy won Illinois with about 10K dead people who voted.... most likely more than once.

Because there has been serious investigation in this.

ID cards are an easy and cheap way to ensure no more voter fraud. state-issued ID. When you turn 14, you get an ID card which you change every 10 years and you go and vote with that whenver you have to. It's so simple.

How can u possibly say voter fraud is a myth? link?

3 Cases in ten years in NC. Is that not what we wouild call rare my friend? It that enought reason for people to wait 8 hours to vote in FL? Voter fraud is rare indead but the GOP seems to be obsessed about it. We know what their real motivation is now don't we? Screw over liberal voters.

Because there has been serious investigation in this.

ID cards are an easy and cheap way to ensure no more voter fraud. state-issued ID. When you turn 14, you get an ID card which you change every 10 years and you go and vote with that whenver you have to. It's so simple.

But voter fraud is very rare and you know it. It is just an excuse to attack liberal voters behind a law and order lie.

Requiring people to have an ID doesn't make it "harder to vote".

We're talking about adults here.

If an adult can't be bothered to get an ID, or if getting an ID is sooooooooooooooo "difficult" that it becomees some impossible hurdle, chances are that the adult in question probably doesn't have any business voting in the first place.

I mean, I certainly don't want this country's future, and consequently my childrens' futures, impacted in any way by some failed idiot who can't even manage to get himself an ID card.

Everyone has an opinion; why is it always the radical left that defends voter fraud?

Saying it does not exist is not defending it.

But voter fraud is very rare and you know it. It is just an excuse to attack liberal voters behind a law and order lie.

I actually don't know since there is no real investigation into this. There could be hundred of thousand of voter frauds and they are untraceable because as long as one is registered and you know where he lives, you can go and impersonate him, no ID required. It's stupid.

Because they are discriminatory

No it isn't. Everybody gets an ID at the age of 14 and then every 10 years you get to go change it. For free. No charge. State issued ID, you pay nothing extra for it. Where you get the money? From the budget. If Congress can spend 100k per weekly meeting of the justice department (how the heck can that cost so much), then surely it can find the money for some plastic things as big as your hand.

No it isn't. Everybody gets an ID at the age of 14 and then every 10 years you get to go change it. For free. No charge. State issued ID, you pay nothing extra for it. Where you get the money? From the budget. If Congress can spend 100k per weekly meeting of the justice department (how the heck can that cost so much), then surely it can find the money for some plastic things as big as your hand.

Then get that part into law before requiring IDs. So far there are many laws that try to make IDs mandatory, but none that say the state will pay for them.

That has been my problem from the get-go on voter IDs. I'm all for it as long as the state pays for the IDs. So far no laws for it are in the works, but there are for requiring IDs.

If you you do not know who voted then how could you prove voter fraud? Check cashing fraud is rare as well, should we drop the ID requirement for that too? Few felons buy guns from FFLs, should we stop doing BG checks?

Requiring people to have an ID doesn't make it "harder to vote".

We're talking about adults here.

If an adult can't be bothered to get an ID, or if getting an ID is sooooooooooooooo "difficult" that it becomees some impossible hurdle, chances are that the adult in question probably doesn't have any business voting in the first place.

I mean, I certainly don't want this country's future, and consequently my childrens' futures, impacted in any way by some failed idiot who can't even manage to get himself an ID card.

When voter fraud basically does not exist then why are we making it harder to vote? I know to attack liberals.

If you you do not know who voted then how could you prove voter fraud? Check cashing fraud is rare as well, should we drop the ID requirement for that too? Few felons buy guns from FFLs, should we stop doing BG checks?

If you can't prove it then it does not exist my friend.

Yes it is. It is attacking liberal voters. Why do you think the GOP is pushing it so hard when voter fraud is so rare.

Then get that part into law before requiring IDs. So far there are many laws that try to make IDs mandatory, but none that say the state will pay for them.

That has been my problem from the get-go on voter IDs. I'm all for it as long as the state pays for the IDs. So far no laws for it are in the works, but there are for requiring IDs.

Yeah, well of course the state "pays" for the ID from the money you already pay in taxes. No tax hikes for this ,it's a cheap piece of plastic. You go to the police or the town hall, you get a picture when you're 14, they put it on the plastic with your name and address, and bam, you're set. That's the minimum need.
Then you get it changed every 10 years as your face changes. Simple. And then you can just quit the whole pre-registration crap too.

Why bother to preven such a rare crime. Oh I know why because liberal voters like minorities and young voters are more likely to not have a ID. It is politically motivated and we all know it. Anything to keep liberals from voting the better.

Yes it is. It is attacking liberal voters. Why do you think the GOP is pushing it so hard when voter fraud is so rare.

Explain to me like I'm 5. How is it attacking liberal voters.

WRONG. Until the state will pick you up in a limo, supply you a free birth certificate copy and take you to the polls on election day the liberals will still claim that the law poses an undue discriminatory burden. Although they seem to see no problem with requiring that same valid, state issued, photo ID to buy alcohol, tobacco, guns or ammo. ;)

About Those Free Voter ID Cards | The Texas Tribune

DPS to Offer Free Voter ID Cards | The Texas Tribune

Yeah, well of course the state "pays" for the ID from the money you already pay in taxes. No tax hikes for this ,it's a cheap piece of plastic. You go to the police or the town hall, you get a picture when you're 14, they put it on the plastic with your name and address, and bam, you're set. That's the minimum need.
Then you get it changed every 10 years as your face changes. Simple. And then you can just quit the whole pre-registration crap too.

You say simple yet the states aren't doing it. If it's so simple and solves the "voting fraud" (Which BTW is not rampant), then why aren't the states (Even GOP strongholds) doing it?

Back
Top Bottom