• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Voter fraud in California

Desert Storm

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Remember how you Lefties always claim that voter fraud doesnt exist.
Please explain this:

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...e-ln-skid-row-voter-fraud-20181120-story.html

Election fraud scheme on L.A.'s skid row got homeless to sign fake names for cigarettes and cash, D.A. says

A forged signature swapped for $1 — or sometimes a cigarette.

The crude exchange played out hundreds of times on L.A.’s skid row during the 2016 election cycle and again this year, prosecutors said Tuesday as they announced criminal charges against nine people accused in a fraud scheme.

Using cash and cigarettes as lures, the defendants approached homeless people on skid row and asked them to forge signatures on state ballot measure petitions and voter registration forms, the district attorney’s office said. The defendants — some of whom were scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday — face several criminal charges, including circulating a petition with fake names, voter fraud and registering a fictitious person.

The charges, which were filed three weeks ago but made public Tuesday, followed a Los Angeles Police Department crackdown on suspected election fraud on skid row earlier in the year.

“They paid individuals to sign the names,” Officer Deon Joseph, the senior lead officer on skid row, told The Times in September. “That’s an assault on our democracy.”

State officials said petition signature scams aren’t widespread in California, but Joseph said they do pop up from time to time on skid row. People hired to help qualify initiatives for the ballot are often paid per signature collected, typically $1 to $2, but officials said a recent slew of proposed ballot initiatives had pushed the rate as high as $6 a signature. It is illegal for the collectors, however, to pay people for signatures.

Los Angeles police Capt. Marc Reina said officials used undercover officers and security camera video before arresting Kirkland Kauzava Washington, 38, one of the nine individuals charged by prosecutors. Washington allegedly set up a card table outside the Midnight Mission, where homeless people line up for meals and shelter, Reina said.

Two other people arrested at the same time as Washington were either homeless or living in a single-room-occupancy apartment on skid row, but neither of them were among the nine defendants charged by L.A. County prosecutors.

“We didn’t charge any homeless people,” said district attorney spokeswoman Shiara Davila-Morales.

L.A. County elections chief Dean Logan previously said it was unlikely the forgeries eluded his staff, who manually compare petition signatures with those on registration forms. But, Logan said, he worried about “any activity that causes voters to lose faith in the process.”

Washington, Harold Bennett, 53, and Louis Thomas Wise, 36, face up to six years and four months in prison. The others charged — Richard Howard, 62, Rose Makeda Sweeney, 42, Christopher Joseph Williams, 59, Jakara Fati Mardis, 35, Norman Hall, 61, and Nickey Demelvin Huntley, 44 — face up to four years and eight months in prison

ALL impartial observers agree that voter fraud is as American as apple pie.

No one is actually surprised (regardless of what they say).

The usual excuse is: Well, sure, there is voter fraud. But it doesn't really matter except in close elections. So what the hell! Don't get your panties in a twist. After all, this isn't squeaky-clean Scandinavia, you know!

Remember how you Lefties always claim that voter fraud doesnt exist.
Please explain this:

I'm pretty sure that nobody has claimed that voter fraud doesn't exist. But do you know what a major difference between America and a **** hole country is?

A **** hole country actually experiences routine voter fraud and blatant election rigging, whereas America is merely full of people who really, really want to look like a **** hole country by exaggerating anything and everything they can for a personal or political purpose.

...the facts makes clear that fraud by voters at the polls is vanishingly rare, and does not happen on a scale even close to that necessary to “rig” an election.

On this site, you will find 21 private studies, 13 government investigations, and 6 court opinions.

The verdict is in from every corner that voter fraud is sufficiently rare that it simply could not and does not happen at the rate even approaching that which would be required to “rig” an election.

But screw all that fact based dumb stuff. Go ahead and cling to your idea of things and obtusely rage on those darned "lefties."

Just on this alone I would null and void all voting from California and declare a 90 day emergency decree and install all new judges, county councils, state representatives to congress people and governor. But President Trump lacks the balls to do so.

California would never do that. Mostly because Trump wanted it.

Just on this alone I would null and void all voting from California and declare a 90 day emergency decree and install all new judges, county councils, state representatives to congress people and governor. But President Trump lacks the balls to do so.

To throw our democracy in the trash and just pick out all of the representatives himself? Yes, thank god he doesn't have the "balls" to destroy our democracy. Shame on you for suggesting such nonsense. You certainly wouldn't be happy if Obama nullified your state's elections on a whim and replaced them all with loyalists.

Or because it's highly illegal and unconstitutional. Are you really that much of a nut that you think California only doesn't want the president to pick all of their representatives because they hate Trump? Do you think maybe there's another reason?

california would never do that? They lost their right at collective representation.

To throw our democracy in the trash and just pick out all of the representatives himself? Yes, thank god he doesn't have the "balls" to destroy ou r democracy. Shame on you for suggesting such nonsense. You certainly wouldn't be happy if Obama nullified your state's elections on a whim and replaced them all with loyalists.

Or because it's highly illegal and unconstitutional. Are you really that much of a nut that you think California only doesn't want the president to pick all of their representatives because they hate Trump? Do you think maybe there's another reason?

The officials are unelectable so the state lost its ability to be represented by the popular vote.

Just on that alone? Doesn't take much for some of you conservatives to wipe your ass with the Constitution and install autocracy does it? You were born in the wrong era, in the wrong country, and under the wrong flag. I realize that many of you have decided to identify with the alt-Right, but even Europeans managed to finally figure out that the Swastika isn't desirable.

But, you will turn around, after making these sort of very ignorant statements, and try to declare that "the left" is where the fascists are. Unreal. You know what really offends me? It's that people like you are actually allowed to vote. For people like you, better men have deployed and have died.

Last edited:
Just on that alone? Doesn't take much for some of you conservatives to wipe your ass with the Constitution and install autocracy does it? You were born in the wrong era, in the wrong country, and under the wrong flag.
Your system has failed your agenda of your Pravda Manifesto. Don’t worry though. You can still hide behind the righteous......while they still don’t realize that’s what you’re doing that is.

They've been discussing secession.

Good. Maybe they can resolve their water problems in their own ways. Not one democrat U S president can win without their electoral vote count.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that nobody has claimed that voter fraud doesn't exist. But do you know what a major difference between America and a **** hole country is?

A **** hole country actually experiences routine voter fraud and blatant election rigging, whereas America is merely full of people who really, really want to look like a **** hole country by exaggerating anything and everything they can for a personal or political purpose.

On this site, you will find 21 private studies, 13 government investigations, and 6 court opinions.

But screw all that fact based dumb stuff. Go ahead and cling to your idea of things and obtusely rage on those darned "lefties."
And we will ignore the elephant the room...the REAL election rigging...gerrymandering.

And we will ignore the elephant the room...the REAL election rigging...gerrymandering.

Yeah.

I can post a very detailed recent history of attempts to shamelessly election rig, in which even the Supreme Court had to get involved, but I've learned that people on this site really don't care as a new wave of trolls are increasingly ruining discussions and threads. It's a waste of time.

Yeah.

I can post a very detailed recent history of attempts to shamelessly election rig, in which even the Supreme Court had to get involved, but I've learned that people on this site really don't care as a new wave of trolls are increasingly ruining discussions and threads. It's a waste of time.

Post a complete listing of states to be overhauled in force. I’m sure I would back any voter fraud violations in their entirety.

That's right. **** the Constitution! Democrats won!

Post a complete listing of states to be overhauled in force. I’m sure I would back any voter fraud violations in their entirety.

You make yourself too obvious, kid. The best trolls are the clever ones.

Good. Maybe they can resolve their water problems in their own ways. Not one democrat U S president can win without their electoral vote count.

If California weren't in the Union, do you think that just maybe the number of electoral votes needed to win might change? I know, crazy idea....

Republicans can't win without Texas. They have actively discussed secession. Even did it once. California can go if they take Texas with them.

You make yourself too obvious, kid. The best trolls are the clever ones.

Okay sparky. Whatever it takes you to get the brownie points. ( I hope you’re living in California and don’t know anyone off the west coast. )

Okay sparky. Whatever it takes you to get the brownie points. ( I hope you’re living in California and don’t know anyone off the west coast. )

Well, if you try real hard and look over to the left under my avatar you will see that my current location is "London," whereas your location is supposedly TEXAS.

Is it possible for you to make at least one post where you actually write something smart? I mean, you are even too far off the spectrum for the "very conservatives" around here.

Even your trolling is sad. What is your age?

If California weren't in the Union, do you think that just maybe the number of electoral votes needed to win might change? I know, crazy idea....

Republicans can't win without Texas. They have actively discussed secession. Even did it once. California can go if they take Texas with them.
ive seen where the confederacy had little hope in warfare without Texas troops. The pacific war was the same. I’m not from TEXAS originally, and I still think this state sucks. But it has been able to produce water from certain oil wells that that water has now been exported to California on a continuos basis now for 18 months straight. You can have our oil formation water. The Edwards aquafier water is good enough for me. I’m presently planning a move to either the UP, northern Wisconsin or NE Minn. all depends if the politics of the mining permits pending are proven to be free of political impedance.

ive seen where the confederacy had little hope in warfare without Texas troops. The pacific war was the same. I’m not from TEXAS originally, and I still think this state sucks. But it has been able to produce water from certain oil wells that that water has now been exported to California on a continuos basis now for 18 months straight. You can have our oil formation water. The Edwards aquafier water is good enough for me. I’m presently planning a move to either the UP, northern Wisconsin or NE Minn. all depends if the politics of the mining permits pending are proven to be free of political impedance.

As a resident of Minnesota, I can confidently say that we don't want you here.

As a resident of Minnesota, I can confidently say that we don't want you here.

that goes for us here in Wisconsin as well.

As if there were not enough reasons already to appose mining in Wisconsin, the UP and Minnesota.

Wisconsin residents are currently fighting a proposed mine in the up on the Menomonee river water shed.

Back
Top Bottom