• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Voter Fraud already?

oh hey gee, whattya know?

The Voting Machine Techicians Are SEIU

Clark County is where three quarters of Nevada's residents and live and where Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's son Rory is a county commissioner. Rory is also a Democratic candidate for governor.

Since early voting started, there have been credible reports that voting machines in Clark County, Nevada are automatically checking Harry Reid's name on the ballot:

Voter Joyce Ferrara said when they went to vote for Republican Sharron Angle, her Democratic opponent, Sen. Harry Reid's name was already checked.

Ferrara said she wasn't alone in her voting experience. She said her husband and several others voting at the same time all had the same thing happen.

"Something's not right," Ferrara said. "One person that's a fluke. Two, that's strange. But several within a five minute period of time -- that's wrong."..

it is worth noting that the voting machine technicians in Clark County are members of the Service Employees International Union. The SEIU spent $63 million in elections in 2008 and is planning on spending $44 million more this election cycle -- nearly all of that on Democrats. White House political director Patrick Gaspard is formerly the SEIU's top lobbyist, and former SEIU president Andy Stern was the most frequent vistor to the White House last year.

Just in Nevada, the SEIU has given a lot to groups that are heavily vested in the state -- in just one prominent example, the SEIU gave $500,000 to the Patriot Majority PAC, which has spent $1.3 million against Reid's opponent Sharron Angle...

Unions increasingly have a major financial stake in election outcomes, both as a matter of their own election expenditures, and as a function of what they stand to gain if their legislative agenda is enacted. Should they really be responsible for tabulating the votes? That's certainly something voters ought to think long and hard about.

Last edited:
Five old people can't figure out a computer. CONSPIRACY!

Have any reports surfaced where the machine accidentally checked Angle's name? I think this should be investigated considering Reid's son's position in government.

I'm not a Republican. If you don't want me to start refering to you as a communist i suggest being more accurate in the future. Thanks. :2wave:

Have any reports surfaced where the machine accidentally checked Angle's name?

no. and isn't that just the oddest coincidence? all those shaky old people just happen to shake Democrat when they mean to shake Republican?

disneydude said:
Its funny to hear Republicans talking about voter fraud

well, we're not the pro's you are. or perhaps we're just not as oh-look-i-found-exactly-the-number-of-votes-we-need-forgotten-in-the-trunk-of-my-car blatant.

Its funny to hear Republicans talking about voter fraud....
Oh that's rich! Mary Landrieu's first term was challenged due to suspected voter fraud in La. and the rock solid case was dismissed by a sitting Democrat court. The Washington governor's race in the mid 2 thousands was ripped off in a similar fashion to the attempted Fla. election "problems", Minnessota's recount "swung" suspiciously in Al Franken's favor and was upheld by a Democrat secretary of state but somehow Democrats want to play cute with election fraud whining comments like these. Well, it is coming up on Halloween so I guess it's appropriate in a Twilight Zone kind of way.

But there was no fraud in Ohio in 2004, right? And no fraud in Florida ever?

I mean, come on. If you get to bitch and moan, then we can bitch and moan into perpetuity.

You call one side whiners for complaints of fraud - but when you get to whine like a schoolgirl, it's clearly TRUE that the other side cheated. But your side never does anything wrong, right?

i'm slowly developing a theory that the most consistent or prominent Democrat charges against Republicans are actually projection.

But there was no fraud in Ohio in 2004, right?

not that was ever demonstrated, there were conspiracy theories involving the owner of the voting machines; but no actual instances where someone could point to a ballot and say "i tried to vote for kerry but the machine made me vote bush". certainly nothing like Minnesota in 2008.

And no fraud in Florida ever?

if you are referring to 2000, then no. Bush won every single count and recount. there was a confusing butterfly ballot.... that had been designed by and approved by the local Democrats.

You call one side whiners for complaints of fraud - but when you get to whine like a schoolgirl, it's clearly TRUE that the other side cheated. But your side never does anything wrong, right?

i wouldn't suggest anything of the sort. but the will-to-power strain in progressive thought leaves them with branches more accepting of such tactics, and the Democratic parties' alliance with thuggish groups such as SEIU and ACORN make them more likely, just as the Justice Departments' famous decision not to investigate voter abuses against white voters encourage like groups.

New reports are emerging that could spell trouble for Patrick Murphy’s campaign (D) after it was revealed that his campaign manager controlled a post office box where voters were being instructed to send their absentee ballots. The ballots were then re-mailed to the county Board of Elections.

A letter from a fictitious agency, the “Pennsylvania Voter Assistance Office,” was sent to an unknown number of residents across the 8th district in southeastern Pennsylvania warning them that their ability to voter could be jeopardized unless they returned an enclosed absentee ballot in a pre-paid envelope that went to a private post office box in Bristol, Pa.

At issue is whether Rep. Patrick Murphy was directly involved, and whether absentee ballots were tampered with or discarded as they were proceeded through the post office box maintained by Tim Persico, his campaign manager...

The local Republican Party is alleging voter fraud after more than 600 ballots were thrown out this week for “defects” like incorrect birthdays and mis-matching signatures. The county district attorney is investigating allegations of fraud from multiple citizens who have signed sworn affidavits.

Last week, there was a sudden 67 percent increase in Democrat absentee ballots, many sent in identical, pre-labeled envelopes, according to Pat Poprik, vice chair of the Bucks County Republican Party. Some were dated as far back as August, indicating that they had been held by a third party...

At the heart of the controversy is the unusual practice of a party not only soliciting absentee voters, but specifically directing that ballots be returned to the party — rather than directly to the board of elections... In other words, [as citizen after citizen lodges complaint and signs affadait that they have witnessed something wrong] local Democrats with the Murphy campaign are asking for trust in their word alone that no ballots were discarded or manipulated.

Last edited:
looks like that might be a popular tactic:

...Chicagoan Rosia Carter is one of 404,000 registered Illinois voters who recently received vote-by-mail requests that were sent by the Illinois Democratic Coordinated Campaign.

"By the time I filled it out and sent it in, my vote would not get counted," Carter said.

She and others called the I-Team when they noticed the return address is not their local election official but instead a PO box for the organization. IDCC officials claim they are entering ballot request information into their own database before sending the mailings on to election authorities who then mail voters the ballot.

The Lake County clerk received a shipment of 500 ballot requests from the IDCC Tuesday. By law, her office has two days to process the ballot requests. The problem is, Thursday is the deadline for election officials to get the ballots out.

IDCC told the clerk that another 1,500 ballot requests are headed to her office, which, she says, may not give her enough time to process all the ballots, potentially disenfranchising voters...

Carter and others who contacted the I-Team are furious that their vote may also be thrown out because the IDCC put the registered voters' wrong birthdate on the form.

"My birthdate is wrong," said Carter. "That means it doesn't match the election board of commissioners' records."

The IDCC says that less that "1 percent of the ballot applications have been affected by the date-of-birth glitch... The IDCC told the I-Team that they used their PO box as the return address because they "are better able to track the process and make sure there are fewer problems."

But there was no fraud in Ohio in 2004, right? And no fraud in Florida ever?

I mean, come on. If you get to bitch and moan, then we can bitch and moan into perpetuity.

The past does not matter

Let me correct my earlier statement:

Its downright hilarious to hear Republicans talking about "voter fraud".

Five old people can't figure out a computer. CONSPIRACY!

I guess it's a conspiracy when it's happening in IL too, right?

Let me correct my earlier statement:

Its downright hilarious to hear Republicans talking about "voter fraud".

Sure, considering we have to go through this with Dems every voter cycle. Now you guys want illegals to vote too.

Back
Top Bottom