• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Vote! Top U2 Song (pt1)

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Out of the selected group what is your most liked song from U2!?

EDIT:
DAMMMMMN IT!!!!!!!!!!! I forgot to check the box for a poll!!!!! :doh

Last edited:
Out of the selected group what is your most liked song from U2!?

Something is missing

Best U2 Songs IMHO

1) Gloria

2) I will follow

3) Pride

4) Mysterious ways

5) The Fly

6) End of the world

1) I will follow

2) Gloria

3) Sunday Bloody Sunday

4) Where the streets have no name

5) Two Hearts

Well here is the list......

"All I Want Is You" (Rattle and Hum)
"Stay (Faraway, So Close)" (Zooropa)
"Acrobat" (Achtung Baby)
"Bullet the Blue Sky" (Joshua Tree)
"Vertigo" (How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb)

"New Year's Day" (War)
"Running To Stand Still" (Joshua Tree)
"Beautiful Day" (All That You Can't Leave Behind)
"Bad" (The Unforgettable Fire)
"One" (Achtung Baby)

"Acrobat" (Achtung Baby)

"New Year's Day" (War)
"One" (Achtung Baby)

Bad
New Year's day

Nothing else from your list

"Acrobat" (Achtung Baby)

"New Year's Day" (War)
"One" (Achtung Baby)

none of those make my list

Sunday Bloody Sunday (from the Live under a Blood Red Sky) would be my next choice.

That Red Rocks record is my favorite with Achtung Baby #2 and Boy #3

"I will Follow", which I got to see live on their first American tour in a club in San Francisco that only held a few hundred people.

"I will Follow", which I got to see live on their first American tour in a club in San Francisco that only held a few hundred people.

They were supposed to come to a small college town in upstate NY but Live UABRS took off and they cancelled as their popularity went stratospheric. Funny story, a girl I dated in the early 80s was gushing over a Cheap Trick concert she had seen in Cleveland but whining about the warm up band--some "Irish band with an airplane name" is how she described them. This was right about the time MTV was playing I will follow, New Years day and Sunday Bloody Sunday videos daily.

They were supposed to come to a small college town in upstate NY but Live UABRS took off and they cancelled as their popularity went stratospheric. Funny story, a girl I dated in the early 80s was gushing over a Cheap Trick concert she had seen in Cleveland but whining about the warm up band--some "Irish band with an airplane name" is how she described them. This was right about the time MTV was playing I will follow, New Years day and Sunday Bloody Sunday videos daily.

Funny you should mention Cheap Trick, because I got to see them before they were famous, too. I lived in Madison Wisc when they were still a local bar band in the area (being from nearby Rockford), and I met Rick Neilson. Well, I'm not sure "met" is really the word, but I was really drunk one night and this weird guy kept talking to me and acting odd, and I didn't actually know who he was until he climbed onstage.

Funny you should mention Cheap Trick, because I got to see them before they were famous, too. I lived in Madison Wisc when they were still a local bar band in the area (being from nearby Rockford), and I met Rick Neilson. Well, I'm not sure "met" is really the word, but I was really drunk one night and this weird guy kept talking to me and acting odd, and I didn't actually know who he was until he climbed onstage.

my only similar experience was being on a hs committee to get a band for a party and we got a band named WILD CHERRY for about 500 bucks. A few months later they released "Play that Funky music white boy". THe next year I tried to get them again but we didn't have 10,000 bucks to blow

One of my best friends when I was a grad student was the son of a man who owned a night club that featured some up and coming acts in the Queens area. This guy got to be a friend of Joe Strummer-sadly when they played nearby I was out of town since I was the varsity coach as well.

But those arent on the 10 songs I listed that you must choose from. :lol:

well being sort of a libertarian myself, I don't follow silly rules when the answers I have are far superior. I really don't follow even if I like the song

well being sort of a libertarian myself, I don't follow silly rules when the answers I have are far superior. I really don't follow even if I like the song

*dropping pill in water*
*putting lemon wedge in water*
*Mixing*
*Pouring*

Hey Turtledude! Heres a glass of water. You look thirsty. :2wave:

*dropping pill in water*
*putting lemon wedge in water*
*Mixing*
*Pouring*

Hey Turtledude! Heres a glass of water. You look thirsty. :2wave:

WTF, I live in a pond, I'm never thirsty

Then you should know my friend Randall Hogan, aka, Xeno. (Milwaukee here...)

Last edited:
My band does a U2 cover. One. That's enough.....

'Nuff said..... :roll:

Depends on the moment I suppose...

"One" with MJB...much better than the straight up U2 version
Pride
Live version of "Love and Peace or Else"
Acoustic version of "Walk On"
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Live version of "Sometimes You Cant Make It On Your Own"

my only similar experience was being on a hs committee to get a band for a party and we got a band named WILD CHERRY for about 500 bucks. A few months later they released "Play that Funky music white boy". THe next year I tried to get them again but we didn't have 10,000 bucks to blow

One of my best friends when I was a grad student was the son of a man who owned a night club that featured some up and coming acts in the Queens area. This guy got to be a friend of Joe Strummer-sadly when they played nearby I was out of town since I was the varsity coach as well.

Look at Turtle, he's a regular little chatterbox in this thread.

Ask him to articulate specific points on economics, public policy... good luck getting ten words out of him

I guess next time I try to explain tax policy to him, I should use examples related to 1980s alternative rock crossover bands.

"Bono and the Edge are taxed at 39.9%, but this is a marginal rate..."

I like "Walk On." It's about Aung San Suu Kyi, the Burmese democracy advocate.

One
I Will Follow
When Love Comes To Town
New Years Day
Love And Peace Or Else

They're my favs.

Back
Top Bottom