• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Vote on Slogan for Debate Politics

Please help us select the slogan for Debate Politics

• Debate Politics - Political bias optional, civility a must

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Debate Politics - Simply the best in Politcal Discussion

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Debate Politics - An Arena of Ideas

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Debate Politics - Come for the dinner...stay for the show

• Debate Politics - You'll be wrong; but you won't be alone

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • Debate Politics - With 10% less fat than the other political forums

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Debate Politics - Battlefield of the War of Ideas

• Debate Politics - Don't let facts get in the way of a good discusion

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Debate Politics - Where the Einstein of intelligence meets the Tammy Faye Baker of emotion

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Debate Politics - Diversity in a cup with a side of fries

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
AlbqOwl said:
Gee. Sorta makes me fight the impulse to break out in song with the Battle Hymn of the Republic or something.

Don't say that out loud...The ACLU might hear you....

Originally posted by ShamMol:
Debate Politics - Where the Einstein of intelligence meets the Tammy Faye Baker of emotion
C'mon, you can't beat that...
This is the best. No question about it!

Only 5 days left...

But you won't let us vote more than once. I still say let's have a run off election.

Only two more days....

Attached is an idea of what it might look like with the current vote. lol

Attachments

• debatepolitics_wrong.jpg
    debatepolitics_wrong.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 8
No!!! That't one can't win! It sounds so negative. I say a runoff between the top two slogans.

Hate to discount anyone that has voted - unless it was in pure jest.

Anyone else think we should have a "run off"?

I already voted for a run-off. As one who really does want a free wheeling site where serious discussion can take place, I think a frivolous slogan would attract more nuts and would discourage more serious debaters. (Not that there's anything wrong with nutty. I've been nutty before.)

Just looking at some of the suggestions up there, I wonder if those who suggested them and/or voted for them were really thinking about marketing and promotion strategies when they voted? I think at least some were just having fun and would like another shot at voting on their impression of the best slogan. (In truth I don't even remember which one I voted for.)

Are you already committed to use the one with the most votes? Or would a runoff violate the rules?

AlbqOwl said:
Are you already committed to use the one with the most votes? Or would a runoff violate the rules?
Not really. I've played around with the slogan, but don't really like it. There are no "real" rules about this, as hopefully it is a one time thing. Again, do not want to discount anyone who believe this is the best of the best.

Let's see if others will chime in requesting and we will go for a run off (much shorter duration - promise).

AlbqOwl said:
I already voted for a run-off. As one who really does want a free wheeling site where serious discussion can take place, I think a frivolous slogan would attract more nuts and would discourage more serious debaters.

Just looking at some of the suggestions up there, I wonder if those who suggested them and/or voted for them were really thinking about marketing and promotion strategies when they voted? I think at least some were just having fun and would like another shot at voting on their impression of the best slogan.
My thoughts are very similar to these on several counts.

These are my favorites:

Political bias optional, civility a must
Simply the best in Politcal Discussion
An Arena of Ideas
A Battlefield in the War of Ideas
The ones I'd most like to wear on a T-shirt:

The Best in Political Discussion
An Arena of Ideas
A Battlefield in the War of Ideas
All in no particular order.

Yes, I know I tweaked some of them from their original.

These are the ones that'd get me interested in visiting a site.

I hate to say this...especially when my slogan is in the lead...

But Vague just wrote this in another forum and has the makings of an INCREDIBLE slogan...

I cannot say that your position will go unquestioned, but your voice will be heard.

cnredd said:
I hate to say this...especially when my slogan is in the lead...

But Vague just wrote this in another forum and has the makings of an INCREDIBLE slogan...

I cannot say that your position will go unquestioned, but your voice will be heard.

The thing is, the lead slogan is funny and appropriate for a discussion of message boards in general in a thread. There the members all have a feel for where others are usually coming from and the banter can be lighter and a bit more frivolous if you will.

But honestly, had I seen that slogan when I was surfing looking for a new place to plug into last January, I never would have signed on as a member. As it was I was distracted and didn't participate at that time. Then a few weeks ago I was surfing again looking for a new 'home' and ran across this site again. (I had forgotten I was already a member.) Had that lead slogan been up there, I would have thought this was another kid's site with little to offer in intelligent debate, and I would not have stopped to look in.

The slogan should be a lure to reel interesting and serious debaters in for a look. And then if they happen to wander into one of the discussions that is more edifing that "Bush sucks" or "all liberals wear Army boots", they just might stay. If they don't even stop for a look, we won't get them.

AlbqOwl said:
The slogan should be a lure to reel interesting and serious debaters in for a look. And then if they happen to wander into one of the discussions that is more edifing that "Bush sucks" or "all liberals wear Army boots", they just might stay. If they don't even stop for a look, we won't get them.

Simply unable to argue. Instead of waiting for folks to agree, will see if folks disagree with a run-off. Else, will create a run-off this evening and let it run for 1 week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom