• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Vote For Me You Racist, Inbred Morons

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Democrats are being crushed in the heartland.

The Democrats are holding their big annual event, the McGovern Day dinner, next weekend at the Ramkota in Sioux Falls. They invited Minnesota’s Keith Ellison to be their featured speaker. But then they got cold feet, and closed the event — their big public dinner of the year — to the press. Dakota War College explains:

I’m not sure if they want to hide the fact that their keynote speaker Keith Ellison has said that a 63 Percent Tax Rate is “Fair,” and they’re afraid that it could see print in the Argus Leader or Rapid City Journal.

Or that a KELOland reporter might note to the audience that Ellison gave a speech defending Sara Jane Olson, a Domestic Terrorist and attempted Cop Murderer.

Or it could be that Ellison stated that he believes the Democrat Party should come out against the Second Amendment, and Democrats are afraid how that’s going to look for their party in South Dakota when it appears in every weekly newspaper in the state?

Moreover, some South Dakotan Democrats have the knives out for their party chairperson, Thornburg, who is pro-life, and therefore anathema to the purists. They want their party to be 100% pure ... and very small.

Good news! Good news!

Moreover, some South Dakotan Democrats have the knives out for their party chairperson, Thornburg, who is pro-life, and therefore anathema to the purists. They want their party to be 100% pure ... and very small.

Good news! Good news!

Sounds like all the Conservatives running around using the term "RINO." OH, but that's different...

Perfect Trump campaign slogan...:)

I find it amazing that the Democrats are so tone deaf.

They attack Republicans as racists saying they hate people that are not born where they were born and then go on to condemn the residents of the entire Midwest as "bitter clingers".

They attack Republicans as bigots saying they are hateful and mean spirited and then label their opponents as "irredeemable" and as "deporables".

They attack Republicans as being Fascists and then use terror tactics and threats of violence to eliminate the rights of their peaceful opponents to speak and gather peacefully.

They declare an allegiance to science and then deny that that an unborn child is, well, an unborn child, declare that a person with a penis is actually a woman and that the criminal nature of a crime is changed by the immigration status of the criminal.

They attack Republicans for dividing the society and then proceed to tell everyone that they need to fight against everyone else for everything on every topic in every consideration.

Seems to me they should take the cotton out of their ears and put it in their mouths. If they did, they might understand that they are deplorable, fascist, deniers of science peddling hate and division.

Last edited:
I find it amazing that the Democrats are so tone deaf.

They attack Republicans as racists saying they hate people that are not born where they were born and then go on to condemn the residents of the entire Midwest as "bitter clingers".

They attack Republicans as bigots saying they are hateful and mean spirited and then label their opponents as "irredeemable" and as "deporables".

They attack Republicans as being Fascists and then use terror tactics and threats of violence to eliminate the rights of their peaceful opponents to speak and gather peacefully.

They declare an allegiance to science and then deny that that an unborn child is, well, an unborn child, that a person with a penis is actually a woman and that the criminal nature of a crime is changed by the immigration status of the criminal.

They attack Republicans for dividing the society and then proceed to tell everyone that they need to fight against everyone else for everything on every topic in every consideration.

Seems to me they should take the cotton out of their ears and put it in their mouths. If they did, they might understand that they are deplorable, fascist, deniers of science peddling hate and division.

Tone deaf and out of touch, apparently.

A majority of Americans (67 percent) say the Democratic Party is out of touch with the concerns of the public – even more so than the Republican Party (62 percent) or President Donald Trump (58 percent) – according to the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll.

President Trump is more in touch with American people, 38 percent say, than the Republican Party (32 percent) or Democrats (just 28 percent). Democrats are trending in the wrong direction, too, according to ABC News.

"That’s a steeply negative turn for the Democrats, 19 percentage points more critical than when last asked three years ago, including especially steep losses in their own base," the poll noted.

In its March 2014 poll, 48 percent said the Democrats were out of touch.

"The biggest change has occurred chiefly among the party's own typical loyalists, with 'out of touch' ratings up 33 points among liberals, 30 points among Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents, and 26 points among moderates and nonwhites alike," ABC News reported.

If these trends continue, and there is no reason to assume they won't, 2018 looks like little more than a continuing blood bath for the Democrat party. The greatest irony of them all is that its all self inflicted.

Good news! Good news!

Good story. Thanks for showing us this piece of conservative opinion, and I even agree with a lot of it. But lets place this in analogy with why Trump will not be attending the White House correspondents' dinner.

I can see him saying something like: "I do not have any ties with Russia; they are all made in China."

Now looking in to the mind of Trump I can see him being embarrassed about that more than finding it amusing. What else would he kid about--General Flynn? Think about it. Anything he says about Flynn might be used against him later, huh. Quite the dilemma for both parties indeed. :roll:

Good story. Thanks for showing us this piece of conservative opinion, and I even agree with a lot of it. But lets place this in analogy with why Trump will not be attending the White House correspondents' dinner.

I can see him saying something like: "I do not have any ties with Russia; they are all made in China."

Now looking in to the mind of Trump I can see him being embarrassed about that more than finding it amusing. What else would he kid about--General Flynn? Think about it. Anything he says about Flynn might be used against him later, huh. Quite the dilemma for both parties indeed. :roll:

To joke about the press in the US today, all one need do is be aware of what their duties should be and what their execution of those duties is as practiced by the propagandists who populate and propagate the slime they offer.

They should be accurately reporting events but are actually espousing agendas and arguing for particular goals and outcomes.

They are, as a group, a disgrace to the profession, our country and history.

The word "Deplorable" is missing from the title

If he is not attending the White House Correspondent's Dinner, then in all likelihood it's because he doesn't want to give them any more support or positive consideration than they have been giving him over the last 12 months. :coffeepap:

Last edited:
If he is not attending the White House Correspondent's Dinner, then in all likelihood it's because he doesn't want to give them any more support or positive consideration than they have been giving him over the last 12 months. :coffeepap:

the phrase you are afraid to use is chicken ****

Reporting the news is not about giving positive consideration or support; it's about reporting the news. Fox News and MSNBC can do all of what you talk about. That's why I pay no attention to either.:thumbdown:popcorn2:

Perfect Trump campaign slogan...:)
And yet, oddly, it is the anti-Trump people who think that the opposition is hateful and xenophobic.
"O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!"

To joke about the press in the US today, all one need do is be aware of what their duties should be and what their execution of those duties is as practiced by the propagandists who populate and propagate the slime they offer.

They should be accurately reporting events but are actually espousing agendas and arguing for particular goals and outcomes.

They are, as a group, a disgrace to the profession, our country and history.
Yet who set those particular goals and outcomes? It wasn't the press. They're only looking for the results the candidate, at that time, was professing.

Yet who set those particular goals and outcomes? It wasn't the press. They're only looking for the results the candidate, at that time, was professing.

You must be joking. Reporting the actions and statements of a person and judging the actions and statement of a person are radically different things.

Can you please post the interview in which a reporter from the New York Times asked Trump which part of his job "enchanted" him the most?

Here's what Zeleny asked: "During these first 100 days, what has surprised you the most about this office? Enchanted you the most from serving in this office? Humbled you the most? And troubled you the most?"

Zeleny Describes "Enchant[ing]" Question For the President - CBS News

Last edited:
You must be joking. Reporting the actions and statements of a person and judging the actions and statement of a person are radically different things.

Can you please post the interview in which a reporter from the New York Times asked Trump which part of his job "enchanted" him the most?

Here's what Zeleny asked: "During these first 100 days, what has surprised you the most about this office? Enchanted you the most from serving in this office? Humbled you the most? And troubled you the most?"

Zeleny Describes "Enchant[ing]" Question For the President - CBS News
There is nothing wrong with that question whatsoever. Why I have been confronted with questions like that in job interviews and if it's good enough for me why not the President of this US of A?

Now, do you think you can get back to what we were talking about earlier, and I'm referring to actual goals that Trump set for himself during his campaign? Building a wall; deportation; removing NAFTA; repealing ACA; etc.

Why can't the press ask him about his (Trump) uncompleted goals that he (Trump) set for himself? The press did not establish those goals, he did. :shrug:

Reporting the news is not about giving positive consideration or support; it's about reporting the news. Fox News and MSNBC can do all of what you talk about. That's why I pay no attention to either.:thumbdown:popcorn2:

There's a lot more bias in the news mainstream news media you seem to be missing.

There is nothing wrong with that question whatsoever. Why I have been confronted with questions like that in job interviews and if it's good enough for me why not the President of this US of A?

Now, do you think you can get back to what we were talking about earlier, and I'm referring to actual goals that Trump set for himself during his campaign? Building a wall; deportation; removing NAFTA; repealing ACA; etc.

Why can't the press ask him about his (Trump) uncompleted goals that he (Trump) set for himself? The press did not establish those goals, he did. :shrug:

YOU decided to hi-jack the comment made on one topic and try to change it into a different topic. I was obviously talking about press reporting.

I was talking about press coverage and YOU decided that you wanted to talk about something else.

It is not the business of the press to attack or judge or do anything else than report.

They routinely ATTACK conservatives and routinely ADORE liberals.

There should be NO DIFFERENCE in their approach to their reporting based on the subject of their reports.

THAT was the topic of my post.

YOU decided to hi-jack the comment made on one topic and try to change it into a different topic. I was obviously talking about press reporting.

I was talking about press coverage and YOU decided that you wanted to talk about something else.

It is not the business of the press to attack or judge or do anything else than report.

They routinely ATTACK conservatives and routinely ADORE liberals.

There should be NO DIFFERENCE in their approach to their reporting based on the subject of their reports.

THAT was the topic of my post.
OK. Just what is so wrong with asking anyone--I could care less who they are--about how they like their job. It's an interview for Pete's sake.:bs

OK. Just what is so wrong with asking anyone--I could care less who they are--about how they like their job. It's an interview for Pete's sake.:bs

The press is comprised of about 95% Liberal activists out to improve the world.

As a student of journalism, I find this to be nothing less than saying it is comprised of about 95% propagandists.

The difference is that a group of reporters covering any election is going to say the Conservative is intrinsically bad while the Democrat is intrinsically good.

Reporters at a presser were coordinating "gotcha" questions to embarrass and attack Romney.

This is not a conspiracy theory; it's an actual conspiracy perpetrated against the Republican in a presidential race.

EXCLUSIVE: Open mic captures press coordinating questions for Romney “no matter who he calls on we’re covered” – The Right Scoop

The fawning members of the press combined to blow kisses at Obama.

Was this an indication that their approach to questioning presidents and candidates in general had changed?

Not so much.

Chicago Tribune ‘reporter’ Christi Parsons fawns and congratulates Obama on reelection at press-conference (Video) – Fire Andrea Mitchell!
<snip>
So called ‘real reporter’ from the Chicago Tribune Christi Parsons used her time for questioning to fawn all over Obama and ‘congratulate’ him on re-election.

The tongue bath from Christi Parsons didn’t stop at just a simple congratulations.

After Obama noted Parsons covered him during his state Senate runs, the fawning Chicago Tribune hack couldn’t contain herself.
<snip>

Media double standard revealed in Trump '16 vs. Obama '08 coverage - Washington Times
<snip>
CBS News anchor Katie Couric spoke of the “Obamathon … the non-stop coverage … [that] has stolen most of the limelight from his opponent,”

and everybody remembers Chris Matthews’ “thrill going up my leg” reference to the new president).
<snip>
Media analysis: Only 3% of network news coverage of Trump's first month was positive - Hot Air Hot Air
<snip>
did Trump’s attacks on the media prompt overwhelmingly negative coverage, or has overwhelmingly negative coverage prompt the attacks on the media?

Sean Spicer complained last month that it’s the latter:

White House press secretary Sean Spicer criticized the media last month for being too negative toward the administration.

“The default narrative is always negative, and it’s demoralizing,” Spicer said.

“When we’re right, say we’re right. When we’re wrong, say we’re wrong.”

Spending two days discussing whether Kellyanne Conway should have put her feet on the Oval Office couch,

rather than focusing on the significance of Trump’s support for historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs), tends to support Spicer’s point.
<snip>

I have to admit, in the coverage of the feet on the couch picture shoot, the topic of the meeting was lost on me entirely. I'm not sure that it was even mentioned.

In the mean time the press goes merrily forward vomiting propaganda on the public and is apparently unaware that they are despised by the public.

dkvnto6zb0kw5c0shdj57q.png

Back
Top Bottom