• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Volunteer to get infected?

Would you volunteer to get infected?

• Need more info

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Yes, I volunteer

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No, are you crazy?!

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

swing_voter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Scientist say that if we can get 60% of the population infected, and they recover, we achieve herd immunity and the virus can't spread.

We'd need healthy people under 60. This would happen in a scientifically controlled way.

If we do this, the virus can be stopped in 21 days. We can all get on with our lives.

Scientist say that if we can get 60% of the population infected, and they recover, we achieve herd immunity and the virus can't spread.

We'd need healthy people under 60. This would happen in a scientifically controlled way.

If we do this, the virus can be stopped in 21 days. We can all get on with our lives.

I'll wait for the vaccine, smell you very much. :mrgreen:

Volunteering to get infected, hell no. Volunteer to help if I were a medical person, probably.

Unlike how some folks think, this is not all about you, it's about we. How some folks seem to show more concern about the economy than their fellow americans, I don't understand. People going back to work too soon will only prolong this mess and endanger more people.

Edit. I voted hell no to get infected.

Volunteering to get infected, hell no. Volunteer to help if I were a medical person, probably.

Unlike how some folks think, this is not all about you, it's about we. How some folks seem to show more concern about the economy than their fellow americans, I don't understand. People going back to work too soon will only prolong this mess and endanger more people.

Edit. I voted hell no to get infected.

We can save the old and the sickly.

Sure. As long as I was adequately compensated.

Do it for the children. :shrug:

Or the Benjamins. Much prefer the Benjamins.

I wonder what would happen if a person was given the antibodies from someone who was infected then infected?

If I get luxury medical care and seven figures in $ cash with no tax, sure.

They say we're all going to get infected eventually.

A vaccine is at least a year away.

There are studies that supposedly debunk the herd immunity through exposure theory.

I do know of some Trump fanatics that will fall on the sword to save Trump.

Last edited:

Can we test 180M people to see if they got infected?
If not, how would we know?

Can we test 180M people to see if they got infected?
If not, how would we know?

How I see it happening is that you have the young and healthy part of the population just start living their lives as they did pre virus. Go to work, sporting events, church, movies, restaurants, etc.

Once 180M are infected, the virus can no longer spread. Too many people will have immunity for it to jump. (herd immunity.)

How I see it happening is that you have the young and healthy part of the population just start living their lives as they did pre virus. Go to work, sporting events, church, movies, restaurants, etc.

Once 180M are infected, the virus can no longer spread. Too many people will have immunity for it to jump. (herd immunity.)

Again, how will we know when 180M are infected? Since we can't test that many people at this time.

How do you keep the young healthy people who are sick, away from the other part of the population?

Again, how will we know when 180M are infected? Since we can't test that many people at this time.

How do you keep the young healthy people who are sick, away from the other part of the population?

So you start the program, every healthy person under 40, stops self distancing and goes back to work.

After a month you can take a thousand tests and a good statistician can tell you with those 1,000 tests what percentage of the population is infected. Just like a political poll tells you what percentage of the population approves of Trump's performance.

So you start the program, every healthy person under 40, stops self distancing and goes back to work.

After a month you can take a thousand tests and a good statistician can tell you with those 1,000 tests what percentage of the population is infected. Just like a political poll tells you what percentage of the population approves of Trump's performance.

Hillary in a land slide. That poll?

Anyway, statistically that would determine.

Now, are you at the front of the line?

Hillary in a land slide. That poll?

Anyway, statistically that would determine.

Now, are you at the front of the line?

We'd all go back to work on the same day. Or, better yet, staggered weeks, so that hospitals wouldn't get overwhelmed.

The vaccine won't be ready for a year to 18 months. Are you going to isolate yourself all that time?

We'd all go back to work on the same day. Or, better yet, staggered weeks, so that hospitals wouldn't get overwhelmed.

The vaccine won't be ready for a year to 18 months. Are you going to isolate yourself all that time?
By front of the line. Have you got yourself infected. So you can go back into society?
This has always been about not overloading the healthcare system.
I am still going to work. No mask. But I do wash my hands and sanitize my hands 1000% more than I used to.

If you're not wearing a mask when you go out, then in effect you are volunteering, or more precisely you are "volunteering" others to catch it if you have it and are still in the asymptomatic carrier stage.

Back
Top Bottom