• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Volodymyr Zelenskiy, what's his deal?

It's called "Inspiring one's people".

Morale goes up when soldiers hear their Commander in Chief is fighting alongside them.
Or as I've heard said before,

A good leader doesn't yell, "CHARGE!"
A good leader says, "FOLLOW ME!"

How exactly are we supporting Ukraine? Are we going in the country and fighting with them or providing moral internet support through likes and tweets?

That's how.

Gave them a lot of military hardware, for one. Remember when Trump illegally tried to block that?

Oh I remember.

Trump's team also tried to implicate Ukraine instead of Russia in the DNC email hack:
Former acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney said one reason why Trump withheld military aid to Ukraine was Ukrainian "corruption related to the DNC server", referring to a debunked theory that Ukrainians framed Russia for hacking into the DNC computer system.

I also remember that Paul Manafort, Trump's campaign chairman, and recently been a paid consultant in Ukraine and helped installed corrupt pro-Russian Victor Yanukovych, who Ukranians eventually rose up against and chased him into exile in Russia.

These Republicans supporting team-Trump, while now supporting Ukraine, is just outrageously absurd by the right wing. Well, those who support Ukraine, there are plenty notable figures who apparently don't!

Yes, we are well aware that most American conservatives are cowards who wouldn't even attempt to defend their country from foreign invaders and would immediately surrender without a fight. We know this and it's one of the many reasons we don't respect you guys when you try to chest beat.
This coming from one who holds himself out to be "An America refugee in Europe". Apparently you fled your home nation so that you can now sling spitballs from afar...and you call the other side "weak".

Oh I remember.

Trump's team also tried to implicate Ukraine instead of Russia in the DNC email hack:

I also remember that Paul Manafort, Trump's campaign chairman, and recently been a paid consultant in Ukraine and helped installed corrupt pro-Russian Victor Yanukovych, who Ukranians eventually rose up against and chased him into exile in Russia.

These Republicans supporting team-Trump, while now supporting Ukraine, is just outrageously absurd by the right wing. Well, those who support Ukraine, there are plenty notable figures who apparently don't!
Then Trump unilaterally opted out of the Open Skies treaty AFTER losing the election, Giving Putin the excuse to do so too, and removing vital surveillance capability for monitoring the Russians, despite Ukraine's desperate pleas not to do it.

This coming from one who holds himself out to be "An America refugee in Europe". Apparently you fled your home nation so that you can now sling spitballs from afar...and you call the other side "weak".

America offered the Ukranian president a way out. He is going against the advice of military experts and the United States.

This is not courage, this is recklessness and will only lead to more bloodshed.

Millions down in the drain when America is going through their own hell.
No worries. Just don't elect a republican who will crash the economy yet again.

America offered the Ukranian president a way out. He is going against the advice of military experts and the United States.

Zelensky didn't have a way out. He was told to bend over and take it in the ass AND he was told that his people really didn't have a choice in the matter either.

You people are insane. When someone threatens you, really threatens you and demands that you become their bitch, you fight. There is a difference between sucking air, assuming the asshole threatening you doesn't kill you anyway, and living a life. Why would you possibly be so willing to give up not only your own sovereignty but that of the the people you represent just to avoid a conflict? You can be alive on a ventilator, stuck in a hospital bed and unable to move, talk, hear or experience anything but that damned sure isn't living.

Zelensky didn't have a way out. He was told to bend over and take it in the ass AND he was told that his people really didn't have a choice in the matter either.

You people are insane. When someone threatens you, really threatens you and demands that you become their bitch, you fight. There is a difference between sucking air, assuming the asshole threatening you doesn't kill you anyway, and living a life. Why would you possibly be so willing to give up not only your own sovereignty but that of the the people you represent just to avoid a conflict? You can be alive on a ventilator, stuck in a hospital bed and unable to move, talk, hear or experience anything but that damned sure isn't living.

He did have a way out. He could have fled and would be safe.

Yeah, we get it, you want Ukraine to surrender. Easy thing to say when you're not the one who is going to suffer under Russian oppression. Would you surrender your own city to Russian rule?

He did have a way out. He could have fled and would be safe.
Just...wow.

Someone comes up to you and says, "I'm going to rape your wife and kids, take your car and your house, maybe kill everyone after I'm done ****ing them, but you can leave and I won't touch you" and you shrug your shoulders and wander off on your merry way. And you could live with yourself?

Then Trump unilaterally opted out of the Open Skies treaty AFTER losing the election, Giving Putin the excuse to do so too, and removing vital surveillance capability for monitoring the Russians, despite Ukraine's desperate pleas not to do it.
Rubbing shit on the walls of the White House on his way out the door, providing the example for his loyal cultists to repeat on January 6th, 2021.

No, it's a party for Zelensky and some people aren't invited because they have, and still are, taking a giant dump on Zelensky.
Your outraged is always so misplaced.
Since when is "outraged" and synonym for "disgusted," which is what I said and am?

He has clearly emboldened the Ukrainian people, however, does he or anyone really believe he can "win" this battle?

He and his family could have fled the country, Ukraine could have peacefully surrendered and limited bloodshed but he is on the streets equipping civilians with rifles? Do people really think this is a good idea?

A few years ago he was playing the piano with his penis. The guy is a former comedian. He doesn't have any military experience. He's leading his men against a former KGB Agent.

What's his deal? Is he trying to go out as a martyr? This isn't a movie or a skit, it's real life.

Zelenskiy was mired in controversy before the invasion. Ukraine is one of the most corrupt countries in the world. His administration is made up of unqualified yes men.
Sometimes, men are found that have principles and live (and are willing to die) for them.

Unfortunately, in this day and age, men of principles are the exception and not the rule. He is to be respected 100%. He will "likely" be killed and he knows it but he has decided that his principles about Ukraine being his home and should not be violated are more important than his life. It is what heroes are made of. Often "dead" heroes unfortunately. On the other hand, such a person is what makes others that believe in the same principles, see him as their leader.

I know that I will remember him the rest of my life and I did not know about him at all until this year. That is what life is all about. Being true to the words that come out of your mouth. This is the exact opposite of Trump, who would sell his own daughter for his own personal benefit.

He has clearly emboldened the Ukrainian people, however, does he or anyone really believe he can "win" this battle?

He and his family could have fled the country, Ukraine could have peacefully surrendered and limited bloodshed but he is on the streets equipping civilians with rifles? Do people really think this is a good idea?

A few years ago he was playing the piano with his penis. The guy is a former comedian. He doesn't have any military experience. He's leading his men against a former KGB Agent.

What's his deal? Is he trying to go out as a martyr? This isn't a movie or a skit, it's real life.

Zelenskiy was mired in controversy before the invasion. Ukraine is one of the most corrupt countries in the world. His administration is made up of unqualified yes men.
Maybe it's a goddamn alien concept to you, but there are decent people in this world who actually have principples are willing to stand up in the face of brutal oppression and aggression even if the odds are long.

Stupid comment. People are allowed to immigrate.

Back
Top Bottom