• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

(Vocabulary) Don't call her the "First Lady"

TheParser

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I live in California.

As you know, society in California is a harbinger of what the whole country will eventually become.

We have a new governor.

He is married.

But he and she do not want people to use the term "First Lady."

Everyone is expected to use the term "First Partner."

Actually, this may be a good idea.

When (not "if") California gets its first male/female gay governor, the term "First Partner" would come in very handy.

Oh, yes. When the Golden State gets its first female governor, the term would also fit nicely.

Last edited:
I live in California.

As you know, society in California is a harbinger of what the whole country will eventually become.

We have a new governor.

He is married.

When (not "if") California gets its first male/female gay governor, the term "First Partner" would come in very handy.

Oh, yes. When the Golden State gets its first female governor, the term would also fit nicely.

*First Lady', 'First Partner' - both equally stupid. As far a I know only Americans find it necessary to honour the spouses of elected officials.

I live in California.

We have a new governor.

He is married.

Me likey.

Is there any difference with the First lady and first partner? :confused:

If I haven’t had by liberal credentials revoked yet, this might do it. “First partner” sounds stupid as hell. Obviously she can go by whatever she wants, but that is just my two cents.

If I haven’t had by liberal credentials revoked yet, this might do it. “First partner” sounds stupid as hell. Obviously she can go by whatever she wants, but that is just my two cents.

Do you like "First Gentleman"?

I do not.

I live in California.

We have a new governor.

He is married.

Leftist ologarchs in the amoral state of Californica do not think like normal Americans when it comes to American morals, values and time-honored traditions.

Gavin Newsom; leave it to him to deliberately make waves, 'cause he ain't just some ordinary, run-of-the-mill governor, don'tcha know!

Yeah, I voted for him; the alternative was too horrible, but that doesn't mean I'm thrilled about having an attention-whoring governor with his eyes on the prize in D.C. running the state for as long as it's convenient for him.

So, WTF would be wrong with simply using "First Spouse"? There are lots of female governors, and according to that bastion of truth and accuracy, Wikipedia, their spouses are called First Gentlemen, corny but apparently effective. But why do they have to be "First" in the first place, y'know? What if they are not actually married, just living together? "First Concubine?" "First Cohabitant?" "First Bed Partner?" "First Arm-Candy?"

Wow. This could cause civil war! My head is spinning; maybe unmarried people shouldn't run for executive positions at all, lol. Half the country would go into a swoon just figuring out what to call them, but the rest of us could have great fun playing with the various secret service code names: POTUS & FLOTUS could become POTUS & FPOTUS, POTUS & FGOTUS, POTUS & FSOTUS...

Never mind, there's only one thing to do; only married men will ever be allowed to hold governorships and the presidency. Phew. Glad that's settled!

/End of nonsensical rant making fun of us all, just for ****s and giggles! :lol:

*First Lady', 'First Partner' - both equally stupid. As far a I know only Americans find it necessary to honour the spouses of elected officials.

First partner?

What about: the last partner?

Back
Top Bottom